Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Genealogy and Heritage Center > theStudio Genealogy and Heritage Learning Center > Help wanted!!

Help wanted!! Having problems with your research? Post your query here and see if someone can help you.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:08 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Researching family on the Internet for FREE

Hi, My name is Jan and my passions are genealogy and scrapbooking. I really love working the two passions together. I wanted to share a website on the internet with you on researching your family for free.

https://familysearch.org/

Hope this helps you out.

I'm going to research my grandmother's ancestry and see what I come up with.

I know her maiden name is Ollie Blanche Lee, she was born 30 Apr 1894 in Tennessee.

Let's see what I come up with and how I can make a family scrapbook out of what I find!

CT Privilages

Old 01-05-2013, 10:51 AM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: Researching family on the Internet for FREE

Ollie was born in april 1894 in Tennessee and was the daughter of Tom A. Lee and Ibbie Lee. She lived in the 11th Civil District of Knox County, Tennessee during the years between 1900 -1910. Her sibling are John L., Roxie, Joseph F., Samuel P., F. Elizabeth, Charolette and Bell. At the age of 19 Ollie married Sterling G. Hatmaker. They were married on 24 Feb 1914 in Knox County, Tennessee. Ollie told us the story of when Sterling left her, he continually called her baby, and said he was going to find work and come back for her. She never saw him again. She later married my grandfather Mack Reynolds Huskey. They were married on 20 Octorber 1918.

Note on Sterling. He remarried in 1916 and registered in the World War I draft. He was later a resident in the Disabled Veterans Home in Campbell County, TN, so he must have served in the War. He died in 1952. (I always wondered what happened to him, family tradition says he committed suicide.

About an hour of research, all from the site mentioned in previous post.

CT Privilages

Old 01-05-2013, 01:28 PM
theStudio Artist

Smile Re: Researching family on the Internet for FREE

Thanks: this is very much appreciated: I'd love to find more family connections: as what I know of our family, it appears very small. I have family in Europe, however they may of all died off: Not sure. However would love to know I have more family members out there.

I registered & @ this moment, am having issues with the registration process & I'm not sure what the problem it is. Hoping the issues will get fixed, so I can access it. Thx.

Collecter of: Carin Grobey Designs & Snicker Doodle Designs & Lyn Griffin Designs & Aimee Harrison Designs!!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:53 PM
theStudio Artist

Cyndi,
I had signed up years and I have forgotten my password on familysearch and have requested several times for the password. They never send it, so I use the website without being signed in. Have you tried searching without signing in? The down side is you aren't able to view some of the images.
Thanks, Jan

CT Privilages

Old 01-05-2013, 05:16 PM
theStudio Artist

CT Privilages

Old 01-05-2013, 05:18 PM
theStudio Artist

Arrow Re: Researching family on the Internet for FREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjanw View Post
Cyndi,
I had signed up years and I have forgotten my password on familysearch and have requested several times for the password. They never send it, so I use the website without being signed in. Have you tried searching without signing in? The down side is you aren't able to view some of the images.
Thanks, Jan
Yes: I tried that @ 1st: however @ this moment, not finding anyone.

I've only met one family that is a 2nd cousin to my dad, & that happened because she (Sofa & her husband Ron Brauner) typed in my dad's name only to find my dad & then found out I lived about 80 miles from them. It was awesome, I just hope to find more.

Collecter of: Carin Grobey Designs & Snicker Doodle Designs & Lyn Griffin Designs & Aimee Harrison Designs!!