Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges > January 2013 Challenges

January 2013 Challenges Here you will find all our monthly challenges for January 2013. Try one, try two, try them all!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 06:47 AM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: Recipe Card Challenge ~ January 2013

This is one of my family's favourites
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio..._2013_copy.jpg

Old 01-10-2013, 07:32 AM
theStudio Picasso

I just love this kit!!

Old 01-10-2013, 03:26 PM
theStudio Warhol

HERE is mine, kit was too cute

Old 01-10-2013, 07:36 PM
theStudio Artist

Did I miss the e-mail of December's recipe cards or is Maurine just testing them all first? I can't find it hiding in my mailboxes so I'm not sure if the e-mail went out. If you ARE testing them all, Maurine, I hope you hurry, because sweet cookie recipes are exactly what my hips need most right now.

Denise
Old 01-11-2013, 12:29 AM
theStudio Artist

Hi, I'm new to this. I hope I keep up with the challenges. My word for a metal tag is steamy. I'm not sure where to email Maurine. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Old 01-11-2013, 12:48 AM
theStudio Picasso

Another month of wonderful recipes! Thank you for all the goodies, everyone. Maurine, your January kit is fantastic. I sure enjoyed using it to create my card. Thank you

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...tato-soup.html
Old 01-11-2013, 05:00 AM
theStudio Artist

Here's mine:
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...oa-recipe.html
Old 01-11-2013, 03:51 PM
theStudio Artist

I hope this works.

Here is mine:

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...ecipe_copy.jpg
Old 01-11-2013, 03:56 PM
theStudio Artist

When we email the template of our recipe card, should it be a .psd file or a .jpeg? I tried sending as .psd but my email says it's too large a file to send. Any suggestions?

One more question, is there a way to have a different user name instead of my email? Sorry for all the questions.

Thank you.
Denise
Old 01-11-2013, 04:26 PM
theStudio Artist

Hi Denise, the cards [one with the recipe and one that's blank] that we send to Maurine are saved as jpeg files. And Maurine's email address is listed in the instructions for this challenge on page 1. I can't help you with changing your user name but you might be able to do it under your profile information. Glad you've joined us.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:35 PM
theStudio Artist

How about some cake to go along with all the yummy soups that have been posted. This recipe is quick and easy and tastes soooooo good. Thank you, Maurine, for another wonderful kit.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-11-2013, 06:33 PM
theStudio Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doris C View Post
Hi Denise, the cards [one with the recipe and one that's blank] that we send to Maurine are saved as jpeg files. And Maurine's email address is listed in the instructions for this challenge on page 1. I can't help you with changing your user name but you might be able to do it under your profile information. Glad you've joined us.
Thank you Doris.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:27 PM
theStudio Designer

Doris: Thanks for answering Denise's question -- I appreciate you doing that! : )

Denise: I did receive your e-mail with the jpeg file; thanks for sending that. As for the username change, one of the store administrators can make that change for you. If you know how send a PM (private message) here in the forum, send it to Ambowife Designs and Toiny and let them know your current forum name and what you want it changed to. If you don't know how to do a PM, send me an e-mail message to the same address you sent your card to and we can proceed from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
When we email the template of our recipe card, should it be a .psd file or a .jpeg? I tried sending as .psd but my email says it's too large a file to send. Any suggestions?

One more question, is there a way to have a different user name instead of my email? Sorry for all the questions.

Thank you.
Denise

Old 01-11-2013, 07:29 PM
theStudio Designer

"Testing them all first" -- that made me laugh out loud!! : )

They certainly all look good enough to test each one! But actually, the upload just finished now and the message with the download links will be to you in about 13 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclazel View Post
Did I miss the e-mail of December's recipe cards or is Maurine just testing them all first? I can't find it hiding in my mailboxes so I'm not sure if the e-mail went out. If you ARE testing them all, Maurine, I hope you hurry, because sweet cookie recipes are exactly what my hips need most right now.

Denise

Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 PM
theStudio Picasso

Here's my first one

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...sa-goulas.html
Old 01-11-2013, 10:25 PM
theStudio Artist

Even though it is very warm here in Florida (82 degrees today) I still make lots of soup because we love it. We do have some cold snaps from time to time, and a rainy cold day is always a good day for soup. I usually make a lot, and I either freeze or can the extras for those days when I want a day off or am just too busy or tired to cook. I lived in the north a long, long time, and I love our retirement where I never have to see snow again, but old habits die hard, and I will always make a delicious warming-to-the-toes soup, because it's the right thing to do.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:56 PM
theStudio Designer

This cracked me up! Maybe we'll do something like this for a future challenge -- although it would probably be more along the lines of "Mistakes That Became Masterpieces"! : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi-Scrap View Post
Ok: I had just spent some money, so I really didn't want to spend anymore, however it is a good deal, so I will buy a few things while I am @ it. I spend more money @ The studio then anywhere else regarding ditigal scrap kits.

I wonder if I could do a smart alic recipe theme, if it isn't too extreme. I managed yesterday to make a mess of my lunch & I made the comment in my head: The Recipe 4 madness (my salad ended up all over the floor). I had my dog eat the meat that was in it (she doesn't like veggies) & she licked up the dressing off of the salad & licked up the carpeting, & then I took a rake & raked it up onto the floor & swept it into the dust pan & into the garbage can.

L.O.L.

Today has been a much better day.

I'm doing a colon cleanse tomorrow: maybe I could add that to the recipe card instead?

Old 01-11-2013, 11:19 PM
theStudio Moderator

Man I wish I had 1/2 as much talent as some of you in here! your cards are amazing!!! The recipes sound amazing!
My recipe is actually one from a friend that was shared with me before she passed and its a favorite. I kinda played with the little plaques and made it part of the name... The recipe is called Crockpot Lasagna

Old 01-11-2013, 11:43 PM
theStudio Artist

I thought I did this once, let's try again...

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...ecipe_copy.jpg
Old 01-11-2013, 11:44 PM
theStudio Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine Stettler View Post
Doris: Thanks for answering Denise's question -- I appreciate you doing that! : )

Denise: I did receive your e-mail with the jpeg file; thanks for sending that. As for the username change, one of the store administrators can make that change for you. If you know how send a PM (private message) here in the forum, send it to Ambowife Designs and Toiny and let them know your current forum name and what you want it changed to. If you don't know how to do a PM, send me an e-mail message to the same address you sent your card to and we can proceed from there.
Thank you one and all!
Closed Thread