Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself! New to theStudio? Or been here a while but you've been lurking? Stop here and introduce yourself! Tell us how you got started in digiscraping or what you love about digiscraping - just anything you'd like to say! We'd love to welcome you to our community! Make sure to start a new thread so you don't get lost in a thread that is already there!! ;>)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2013, 10:43 AM
theStudio Scrapper

Smile New from DC

Hi All!

I'm new to the board. I am graphic designer that is coming off a long hiatus. I own my own digital crafting and clipart site and am trying to expand my skills. For years, I have used Paint Shop Pro exclusively but I am finding it harder and harder to find good tools, scripts, etc for PSP. Everything these days seems to be geared to Photoshop.

I own CS2 & CS3 and have dabbled with Photoshop a bit but find it hard to convert my skills from PSP to CS3. For instance, this will probably make you pro's laugh, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to use paper to fill a font and outline it. In PSP, it's so easy! I just pick the foreground as a color to outline the font and pick the background as the paper and type my word but in PS, I think I need a master's degree or something to figure it out! LOL! I'm sure it's just something easy that I'm missing but it's that kind of frustrating thing that makes me wander back to my old friend PSP.

Anywho, on a personal note, I am married to by best friend for 24 years and we have 5 boys. We live in the Washington, DC Metro area. I design from home and homeschool my children.

I hope everyone is having a great day!