Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges > February 2013 Challenges

February 2013 Challenges Here you will find all our monthly challenges for February 2013. Try one, try two, try them all!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 10:18 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Recipe Card Challenge ~ February 2013

Recipe Card Challenge Gallery
Here are the instructions for this month's recipe card challenge/exchange:

1. Click HERE for this month's recipe card challenge kit. The majority of your card(s) must be made with this kit, although you can also use other CU items to enhance your cards (for example, brushes, actions, etc.). NOTE: A coupon code will be provided to those who used the prior month's kit to create and share at least one recipe card in the previous month’s challenge.

2. The general theme for this month's cards is your favorite pastry, cupcake, or chocolate recipe ~ the post below this one includes more information. Be creative and have fun designing your cards!

3. Create your recipe card(s) at 6" wide x 4" tall (1800 and 1200 pixels), 300 ppi resolution. These are the print-quality cards that will be shared with all participants. When finished, save as a jpeg file with quality between 8-10. Carefully proofread and make needed changes before finalizing.

4. You will also need to resize and save your card(s) at 72 ppi to post in the gallery.

WHEN FINISHED with your card(s), you must do the following 3 things:

1. E-mail your print-quality, 300 ppi recipe card to LetMeScrapbook@hotmail.com so it can be included in the download file at the end of the month. Do not share your print-quality card on your blogs or through any other means without my prior approval. Several participants have also asked for blank copies of the cards you design, so if you're willing to send me both (with and without the words), that would be great!

2. Upload a picture of your 72 ppi card to the Recipe Card Challenge Gallery. Please upload only your actual recipe card ~ not the blank cards. You may also post a copy of your 72 ppi (web version) on your blog if you’d like, and then include a link to the forum in case others are interested and want to participate.

3. Post a message here in this forum thread with a link to your gallery card no later than February 28.

At the end of the month, all participants will receive a link to download all the cards created that month. Bon appétit!!

NOTE: A checklist of instructions is included in the store kit for your convenience.

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 02-05-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:19 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: Recipe Card Challenge ~ February 2013

February seems to be a good month for sweets: rather it’s making a batch of cupcakes, your favorite chocolate treat, or any kind of pastry to share with those you love – or to eat them all by yourself! These are our general categories for this month – and they don’t have to all be sweet. If you make mini meatloaves that you bake in cupcake tins, or have other “savory” recipes in these general categories, feel free to make a card for those – anything goes! I can’t wait to see what ideas you have to share and the cute cards you make!

This month’s kit coordinates with my huge “Love Is In the Air” collaboration with Karen, Snickerdoodle Designs. You may use any items from that collaboration IN ADDITION TO items from this kit on your cards.

January participants: I’ll send you an e-mail with a coupon code for this month’s kit no later than February 6. I’m still trying to sort through my inbox and make sure I’ve accounted for all the incredible cards from January.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SHARING YOUR CARDS:
As a general rule, I will share the print-quality version (300 ppi) of the cards you create for this challenge with the other participants; they are not to be given away/shared via a download link on your blogs or through any other means. Feel free to post a picture of the web version (72 ppi) of your card on your blog. If you want, you can also include a link to the forum so others can join in and participate. Please let me know if you have any questions about this explanation or my Terms Of Use (TOU) document.

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 02-05-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:45 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Missed January, ready for February.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:57 PM
theStudio Artist

Been checking...trying to be patient! I have your super cute collaboration bundle in my cart, just waiting to order the new kit recipe at the same time.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:52 PM
theStudio Warhol

Sorry missed January .... hated not getting all those recipie cards but I'm ready for Feb.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:36 AM
theStudio Designer

I missed you too, ladies -- hope you have a chance to participate in February!

Old 02-05-2013, 12:48 AM
theStudio Artist

Lovely kit and a wonderful theme
Old 02-05-2013, 05:57 AM
theStudio Moderator

YAY! Love this kit! Have a couple of awesome recipes to share!

Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 AM
theStudio Warhol

adorable kit wooohooooo!!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:17 AM
theStudio Scribbler

I love the kit... I didnt get the codes yet?? did i miss them?
Old 02-05-2013, 11:18 AM
theStudio Monet

Oh Boy this kit is Adorable! I have just the Muffin Recipe to Share it has recently become a Favorite!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:11 PM
theStudio Designer

Nope -- I'll be sending the coupon code out by February 6. I'm running a bit behind this month -- currently down with the flu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Girl View Post
I love the kit... I didnt get the codes yet?? did i miss them?

Old 02-05-2013, 10:21 PM
theStudio Warhol

Hope you feel better fast, Maurine,

Here's my Black Forest Trifle--Priss Tip: make it with fat free milk, and fat free Coolwhip, to help cut the calories of this scrumptious Trifle. The secret's in how pretty it is in a Trifle Bowl, and I can't tell you how many times I've bought a quarter sheetcake and cubed that--put it together and out the door with it in ten minutes. Also I often add Kaluah or Kaluah and Marsala to the whipped cream (gives it a little bit of a Tiramisu flavor) and I always add broken Heath chips candy to the top.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:30 PM
theStudio Designer

Quick update: I just unburied my inbox of loads and loads of January cards -- the most we've ever had! Boy, everyone who gets these will be in for a very pleasant surprise when you see them all.

I am still missing cards from about 5 people. If you don't have a message from me letting you know I got your cards, please resend them to me. There is nothing left in my inbox.

I'll be sending out the coupon code for February's kit on Wednesday night to everyone who has sent me their January cards...

Old 02-06-2013, 05:57 AM
theStudio Artist

Maurine, I just emailed you my booboo's for January~Thank You all for letting me join in on you recipe Gold Mine~You all do such Fabulous creations~I am going to try again this month and I hope you all can put up with my messes until I get better at it~You are a Wonderful Group. God Bless~Blowing Hugs & Kisses Your Way.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:22 AM
theStudio Artist

Love the kit! Hope you are feeling better Maurine.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:46 PM
theStudio Warhol

Default Chocolate Haystacks

Here's a quick, quick and easy (and very "variable!") no bake cookie recipe for Chocolate Haystacks.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:11 PM
theStudio Warhol

Default Chocolate Kahlua Snowballs

I often make these little Chocolate Kahlua Snowball cookies during the holidays, but they are just so good, and pretty anytime. You could dye the coconut green for Easter cookies. Good as they come out of the bowl, nothing more to add.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:16 PM
theStudio Designer

Coupon codes for the February kit have been sent to all January participants except 2 -- you are both new and I don't have your e-mail address or January print-quality cards. If you participated in January and don't have a message from me, please send me a message to my e-mail at LetMeScrapbook@hotmail.com.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:38 PM
theStudio CT

Cute, cute kit, Maurine. I can just taste the "goodies" coming our way!!
Closed Thread