Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived General > Learning Center and Software Solutions > Newbie Frequently Asked Questions

Old 09-04-2007, 02:33 PM
SAS-y Gem

Default Questions about credits and other designer info

I don't want to step on any toes here, so I'm looking for an official answer on this. When we are giving credit to designers, can we list their stores or their blogs with the url? Also, I know that Julie's working hard to get the store open here, until then or even after can we rak our designers stuff on the boards here? Just want to make sure what the "rules" are.

Thanks!
Diane
Old 09-04-2007, 02:35 PM
SAS-y Pearl

I believe the answer is no, you cannot link to other stores, but you can give the designer name and name of the kit so if someone really wants to find it they will be able to gogle it.

As far as putting your own designs or freebies up, there is a section in the forum called Member Giveaways, that's where you would post those.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:34 PM
theStudio Artist

Question Stepping on toes and other things

I am fairly new to didi scrapping (love it) and very new to posting LOs. I have several questions about giving credit with my LOs. Where do I list the credit? If it is a challenge using a particular kit, does credit need to be listed when it is posted? (I have not done so, ) When using lots of pieces from different designers do you list them only by initial (or name?) and kit or do you name the "piece" you used also. Is it alright to give the name of the site that the artists designs for. When using a mega kit designed by many artists would it be proper to list SAS Jan 08 mega kit or Stone Accents Jan 08 mega kit? Would this be okay on other sites?
In Photoshop Elements 6. I tried listing info with the file. No instruction (of course) and I made lots of errors and dupes because I thought things were getting lost. ad: Now.....does anyone know how to delete or edit the file info? Couldn't find anything in help.
Sorry this is so long, but I do want to do right. I know how hard the artists work and they deserve to have it acknowledged. Thanks in advance. Lynne
Old 04-24-2008, 02:55 PM
theStudio Picasso

Most forums allow you to post the name of the kit and the designer, but not the store, unless it's, of course, their own. So your credits might look something like this:

Kit: Beautiful Moment by SKrapper Digitals

or

All papers from Feelin' SAS-y by JulieO.
Frame from September Mega Kit by the SAS-y Design Team

When a Mega kit is created by many people, it's perfectly acceptable to just summarize it as I did above, no matter what site it comes from, just so long as you don't link to that other store.

As for editing LOs in the gallery, there's an option that says, Edit Photo. You can click that to edit your description, replace the photo, or even delete your entry entirely.

I hope that helps.

Lori
Old 04-27-2008, 03:43 PM
theStudio Artist

Smile Thanks

Sorry to be so late getting back to you for your help. Been busy editing my LOs to give credit. One thing I noticed in some credits is that the font is also listed. I just used the fonts in PSE and did not think to list them. Other than the name of the font how do you give credit to who made them, (not counting alpha kits) or that enough?Thanks again.

Lynne
Old 04-27-2008, 04:45 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default Credits for Fonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapgarden View Post
Sorry to be so late getting back to you for your help. Been busy editing my LOs to give credit. One thing I noticed in some credits is that the font is also listed. I just used the fonts in PSE and did not think to list them. Other than the name of the font how do you give credit to who made them, (not counting alpha kits) or that enough?Thanks again.

Lynne
Hi Lynne, if you're using fonts from within a software program, that is, fonts that came bundled in as part of the software installation, you don't have to give credits - just the name of the font so if someone likes it they can search for it if they don't already have it. However, if you collect fonts from other places (there are thousands and thousands of free ones on the Internet) and use one of those, then you should give credit according to the terms of that particular font and the location where you found it.

If anyone has more information or, if I've misrepresented here, please let us know.

Happy Scrapping!