Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Events > Back-2-School 2013 > Favorite Teacher!

Favorite Teacher!
First Day of School

Old 08-14-2013, 09:27 PM
theStudio Designer

Default My Most Favourite/Inspiration Teacher Challenge

Hi everyone, Darlene here of Studio4 Designworks - and welcome to our
Back to School celebrations!

For those of you with children heading back to school, I'm sure you're counting the days. Sad as it can be to see perhaps your last child leave the "roost" so to speak, it is also a special time where some of you SAHM's actually have a bit of extra time to get caught up on things that were perhaps put by the wayside over the summer (in North America anyway!)

This challenge I'd like to present to you is . . . your most favourite or inspirational teacher. This can be for your child, or for yourself - it's up to you. I know my kids had their favourite teachers and so did I. I created a LO for this challenge and it's my most "inspirational" teacher. As my journaling in the LO says, I had a teacher that looked out for me when I became an orphan and really helped to shape the direction of my life. And for that, I'm forever thankful and will never forget. I know if I asked my son what he might do, he'd pick his favourite teacher - so the challenge is your choice.

Create a LO as explained above, and post it in the BACK TO SCHOOL gallery. Link your LO back here to this thread so we can all "goosh" over them!

You have until August 28th to complete and post your LOs. At the end, I will do a random draw and the winner will receive a $5.00 coupon to my store.

We have a 30% OFF Sale happening until the end of August here at The Studio.
I have a kit SCHOOL DAZE, that I'm offering another 15% off, so that's a savings of 45%, if you choose to use that kit to create your layout.

Use coupon code S4-StudioB2S-15 to receive your extra discount.

I am really looking forward to seeing what you all come up with - and most of all HAVE FUN!

Here is the kit and the layout I created from it.

Last edited by avalon4; 08-15-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:03 AM
theStudio Monet

Default Re: My Most Favourite/Inspiratin Teacher Challenge

Another great challenge!! Can't wait to se what everyoine comes up with

Old 08-15-2013, 02:45 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Default Re: My Most Favourite/Inspiration Teacher Challenge

Love this challenge!

Question - does it have to be a School Teacher? I was in Girl Scouts from the age of 5 to 16 and my Leader was the most amazing, inspirational person I've ever known! She really helped us all grow into the women we are today! NONE of my school teachers even come close.... but that's another story entirely.... LOL!
Old 08-19-2013, 05:19 PM
theStudio Designer

Kim - so sorry I snoozed on this one. I usually get a notification when someone posts. Yes, that totally sounds like it would work. It's really about someone who inspired you, brought the best out in you, or touched your life in a special way. I can't believe you didn't have one teacher that stands out! That's kind of sad really.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:43 PM
theStudio Party Girl

She definitely was a teacher, she taught us sooo many things! Just not a "school" teacher.

our class room sizes were well over 30 kids per class, so that didn't leave a whole lot of room to work one on one with us, and I was a nerd and always did my work, so never a need to be singled out by any of them. I do remember Mrs. Miller, 9th grade English. She loved my work and would read it as an example to the class. I used to be so embarrassed!! Lol.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:14 AM
theStudio CT

I'm like you, Kimberkatt. There isn't one single teacher that stands out as being above the rest, but then I am going back into the mid 40s to mid 50s. It was totally different back then; not at all like today. You were there for one reason to learn, and the teacher was there to teach----to a whole class. There was never any one on one. You either kept up or failed the class and stayed back. Today's teachers are more hands on and really care. I love the teachers my grandchildren have had. Cohen had a really special one----may have to do a layout about her.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:52 PM
theStudio Monet

I had a favourite teacher....but only necause he was cute...lol should have got a photo!! he taught us economics, so of course it was my favourite subject...his name was Mr Hanson...you can guess what he got called..lol

Old 08-21-2013, 02:54 PM
theStudio Designer

Too funny Kaye! We had a few like that in high school too now that you mention it, and it was always fun thinking of nicknames. The substitutes always seemed to be the cutest! We also had a female gym teacher that was a beauty queen - we thought she was awesome! We couldn't figure out how a PE teacher could be a beauty queen - LOL! You were either one or the other - a jock or a "girly-girl"!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:20 PM
theStudio CT

OK, got mine done! This is the teacher that fought to get grandson, Cohen, tested and found out he had ADHD! Today with his meds, he breezes through his schoolwork and loves school. Still struggles with reading but that is common with ADHD. He is a wiz in math and science!

Old 08-21-2013, 07:00 PM
theStudio Monet

It is great to have such a caring teacher nancy, well done to her!! And I bet your daughter/son was stoked with getting a solution

Old 08-21-2013, 09:34 PM
theStudio Picasso

I don't have a picture of my favorite teacher ... I do have a picture of a teacher who was outstanding in that I'm sure she would have liked to have made me disappear but what she did, probably, was to pray for me.... and I did learn some things from her.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:08 PM
theStudio Designer

That's fabulous Nancy! Now that's an aware and caring teacher. I just love what you did and love the story!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:16 PM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannieEv View Post
I don't have a picture of my favorite teacher ... I do have a picture of a teacher who was outstanding in that I'm sure she would have liked to have made me disappear but what she did, probably, was to pray for me.... and I did learn some things from her.
You crack me up! I'm sure you could make a pretty darned good LO!
Old 08-25-2013, 02:34 PM
theStudio Picasso

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...not-quite.html