Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > Show it Off

Show it Off Share your scrappy news here. Toots, RAKS or been published? Let us share your success!

Old 01-27-2008, 03:37 PM
SAS-y Scrapper

Smile Scrap For Hire?

I have been trying to contact various desingers in order to ask for "scrap for hire" or commerical use permission for a new venture I am trying...I have been dabbling in free bloggy designs and wish to go commercial with them.

You can see some of my free designs here--

http://foshefamily.blogspot.com/sear...Blog%20Headers

I made contact with JenLin here at Stone Accents and she has agreed to let me use her kits for my bloggy designs.

I was hoping to get permission from the other designers here at Stone Accents--

I have contacted a couple of you by your blogs or e mail if I could find them. Others I wasn't sure how to reach directly. JenLin suggested i use the forum here, so I'm hoping this works.

Are any of you willing to let me use your designs for my bloggy designs, with proper credit given of course!

Please let me know!! I'm having trouble getting designers to respond to me.

I appreciate your time very much!! I love all of your works!!!
Old 01-27-2008, 07:06 PM
SAS-y Diamond

I've changed my TOU to allow scrap for hire use on all of my kits and freebies, and even tho' that's not in my older kits it applies to all of them from now on.

I think alot of our designers have gone this route as well, so I'll point the SAS-y Design Team here to let you know who. Good luck!!!!
Old 01-27-2008, 08:53 PM
SAS-y Scrapper

Smile thanks!

THANK YOU!!! I've had such a hard time getting answers!! I appreciate you so much!!!
Old 05-24-2008, 07:40 PM
SAS-y Opal

I allow S4H on all my products...not sure if my TOU states anything about blog/web designs, I will check it when I get home, but I'm fine with it with credit.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:20 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default to all

to all who read this thread: if you go to the original poster's blog, it says "Blog not found"...
Old 05-28-2008, 12:50 PM
theStudio Designer

Smile you know what would be nice to have here...Lori?

we need a new thread that shows all of the designers current TOUs so that consumers can read them before purchase, or even after purchase if they happen to misplace theirs.. i am considering changing my TOU to alllow S4H as well and that would really help to apply the changes to all of the current kits instead of having to re-upload all my current products with an ammended TOU

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Old 06-02-2008, 09:03 PM
SAS-y Pebble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella View Post
to all who read this thread: if you go to the original poster's blog, it says "Blog not found"...
I believe it has to do with the way she tried to copy the link so you could see her samples. If you use http://foshefamily.blogspot.com it does come up as a valid url. However, you'll have to scroll through her posts to see the samples. I found a couple in her post from May 25.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:26 AM
theStudio Picasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkrapperDigitals View Post
we need a new thread that shows all of the designers current TOUs so that consumers can read them before purchase, or even after purchase if they happen to misplace theirs.. i am considering changing my TOU to alllow S4H as well and that would really help to apply the changes to all of the current kits instead of having to re-upload all my current products with an ammended TOU
I believe I saw an email where Julie was asking for all the TOU so we could have them all available in the boutique for people to read before they buy.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:05 AM
SAS-y Scrapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori11941 View Post
I believe I saw an email where Julie was asking for all the TOU so we could have them all available in the boutique for people to read before they buy.
Oh, that would be so nice! Thanks to all that allow commercial use! I sometimes scrap for people - not much but every little bit helps! It is hard for those of us that can't afford to pay large fees to buy commercial stuff! Especially if we don't do it often! And it is free advertising for you!!

Thanks again!
Old 06-13-2008, 04:31 PM
theStudio Warhol

I usually scrap for people, with the slight difference that I do not get paid for it.... I simply make the LO's because I like to. But if other people wish to advertize what I made for them, they are welcome, as far as I am concerned. But do the designers agree???

I made an LO with Beckie's Save the Last Dance for a professional ballroom dancing couple, and I an imagine theymight like to use it on their website. But CAN they???

I mean: I did not make the LO commercially, but are they allowed to use it, if they give proper credit???

Old 06-14-2008, 05:22 PM
SAS-y Diamond

That's a very good question Jiskefet.

Once a layout leaves your hand as a gift to another person, you really have no control over what they do with it. If it turns up as say a header for their own personal webpage, technically they should list the designers credits. But if they're not familiar with Digi Scrapping and the rules of it - they would quite innocently not know to do this. Could YOU be held responsible for that?? I don't think so. If they just post it on their site to show it off, while credit would be nice, again, only a digi scrapper would know this.

Of course these are MY opinions, so let's see what another designer has to say about this.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:41 PM
theStudio Monet

My two cents...

Unless a TOU states differently, digital products should not be shared (including freebies!) in their original form. In the case of putting together an album (or layouts) as a gift, I would think that the person who purchased the products should ensure that the receiver of the gift know the designer's original terms of use, since it is copyrighted material.

It should never be assumed that a digital product is Scrap4Hire-friendly. There are many designers who don't allow this, or with whom you need to purchase a special license. When in doubt always contact the designer for clarification. The contact information should be in the TOUs, or you can even send a private message to the designer prior to purchasing a product that you'd like to use commercially.