Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Events > Archived Events > theStudio Birthday Bash 2013 > Next Designer Contest 2013

Next Designer Contest 2013
Official Studio Time
Round 1: Starts September 2, 6:00 am Ends September 7, 23:59 pm
Round 2: Starts September 9, 6:00 am Ends September 14, 23:59 pm
Round 3: Starts September 16, 6:00 am Ends September 21, 23:59 pm
Round 4: Starts September 23, 6:00 am Ends September 28, 23:59 pm

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 09-08-2013, 06:42 PM
vicki23's Avatar
vicki23 vicki23 is offline
theStudio Guest Designer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 492
Default Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

So many fabulous and creative entries, I only decided to enter at the last minute, and am happy now that I did, thanks Toiny for the oportunity.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 09-09-2013, 01:09 AM
donakat's Avatar
donakat donakat is offline
theStudio Picasso
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,790
Default Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

I've now been able to post comments, but something else very weird and scary happened! I edited my description to say my extras were available on my blog, and somehow that changed the gallery my kit is in to the Studio Megakit gallery. And I can't change it back to the Week 1 Gallery. I did manage to put it into the Next Designer Contest general gallery. Help, please!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 09-09-2013, 02:42 AM
Toiny's Avatar
Toiny Toiny is offline
theStudio Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,874
From the Piggy Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

I've moved it back Dona! It looks like all the info is there too. Why that happened, I'm not sure but we are keeping a close eye on our gallery. It's not been behaving very nicely this past week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donakat View Post
I've now been able to post comments, but something else very weird and scary happened! I edited my description to say my extras were available on my blog, and somehow that changed the gallery my kit is in to the Studio Megakit gallery. And I can't change it back to the Week 1 Gallery. I did manage to put it into the Next Designer Contest general gallery. Help, please!!!
__________________
---------------







my email
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 09-09-2013, 12:33 PM
donakat's Avatar
donakat donakat is offline
theStudio Picasso
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,790
Default Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiny View Post
I've moved it back Dona! It looks like all the info is there too. Why that happened, I'm not sure but we are keeping a close eye on our gallery. It's not been behaving very nicely this past week.
Thank you, Toiny!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 09-14-2013, 02:20 AM
SandraScrap's Avatar
SandraScrap SandraScrap is offline
theStudio Artist
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 422
Default Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

Is there a topic where I can get critics on my work? I love to read what you love about it, but I would like to learn. If I get some honest critict I won't make the same mistakes again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 09-14-2013, 02:39 AM
Robyn's Avatar
Robyn Robyn is offline
the Studio Admin Team Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 2,406
Default Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

That's a really good attitude to have Sandra. Perhaps we should start a thread along the lines of 'give me some honest feedback'. But then sometimes I think perhaps this is better dealt with privately. Most of us want to learn by what is perceived as our 'mistakes', but do we want it out there for all to see? There can be hurt feelings and I wouldn't like to see that. What do other forum members/participants think?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 09-14-2013, 03:03 AM
SandraScrap's Avatar
SandraScrap SandraScrap is offline
theStudio Artist
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 422
Default Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

This is a nice community. I don't think anyone would hurt others on purpose. I had this kind feedback experience in a photography forum and it worked well. I learned a lot not just about my photos but other's too. It was visible for every forum member and noone's feelings was hurt. It was a honour when someone I adored gave honest feedback on my photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
That's a really good attitude to have Sandra. Perhaps we should start a thread along the lines of 'give me some honest feedback'. But then sometimes I think perhaps this is better dealt with privately. Most of us want to learn by what is perceived as our 'mistakes', but do we want it out there for all to see? There can be hurt feelings and I wouldn't like to see that. What do other forum members/participants think?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 09-15-2013, 07:32 AM
Linda Renee's Avatar
Linda Renee Linda Renee is offline
theStudio Monet
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 4,135
Default Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

FYI: I was having trouble finding zanthia122's kit, Sunset on the Beach (Hat of Bunny), for week 2 as it isn't in the Week 2 gallery. I finally found it in the Monthly Mega Kit gallery.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 09-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Robyn's Avatar
Robyn Robyn is offline
the Studio Admin Team Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 2,406
Default Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Renee View Post
FYI: I was having trouble finding zanthia122's kit, Sunset on the Beach (Hat of Bunny), for week 2 as it isn't in the Week 2 gallery. I finally found it in the Monthly Mega Kit gallery.
It's been moved back to where it should be.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 09-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Linda Renee's Avatar
Linda Renee Linda Renee is offline
theStudio Monet
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 4,135
Default Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

Thanks, Robyn. It looks like the gallery gremlins are still up to mischief.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 09-16-2013, 02:48 AM
scrapastrophe's Avatar
scrapastrophe scrapastrophe is offline
theStudio Artist
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Australian Capital Territory
Posts: 245
Default Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

Positive feedback essential to grow as a designer, regardless of whether you are trying to establish a career or just having a bit of fun. I know that I am still learning and would benefit from the experience of others.

Thinking along the terms of "how would I have done it" or "try doing it this way" can be very constructive. I know what my style is and is not everyone's "cup of tea" and there are kits in this competition that are not mine, but I can see where there can be improvement, and I hesitate with my comments in the gallery. I would like to see a thread supporting advice / peer support for the last two weeks.

I can see some mistakes in my week two entry already that I could improve on already!

I AM looking forward to my first full week without outside deadlines to deal with
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 09-16-2013, 06:22 AM
Toiny's Avatar
Toiny Toiny is offline
theStudio Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,874
Default Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

I agree that positive feedback, even some gentle criticism is essential to help any artist grow. We are fortunate to have a lovely community. I think we can set up a private subforum, ie visible to any member logged in but not visible to non-registered members, where people can ask for CC (constructive criticism). Any member of the site would be able to offer feedback.

Would this be of interest?
__________________
---------------







my email
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 09-16-2013, 06:30 AM
mootscrapper's Avatar
mootscrapper mootscrapper is offline
theStudio Monet
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,295
Default Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

I think it is a great idea, if someone was to ask for suggestions, then they would be prepared for some constructive advice. i don't think anyone would be rude about it, if there was something not wuite nice I am sure moderators could remove it!
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 09-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Robyn's Avatar
Robyn Robyn is offline
the Studio Admin Team Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 2,406
Default Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

EXCELLENT idea!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 09-16-2013, 07:11 AM
chrissie's Avatar
chrissie chrissie is offline
theStudio Artist
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Solihull England
Posts: 126
Default Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

Its a great idea :-)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 09-16-2013, 07:31 AM
SuCanDo's Avatar
SuCanDo SuCanDo is offline
theStudio Picasso
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ottawa Canada
Posts: 1,614
Default Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

I was thinking on the same lines .... I am doing this to learn and the critique would help me do that ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraScrap View Post
Is there a topic where I can get critics on my work? I love to read what you love about it, but I would like to learn. If I get some honest critict I won't make the same mistakes again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 09-16-2013, 07:52 AM
SandraScrap's Avatar
SandraScrap SandraScrap is offline
theStudio Artist
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 422
Default Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

Thank you Toiny, this is exactly what I was looking for when mentioned it in this tread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiny View Post
I agree that positive feedback, even some gentle criticism is essential to help any artist grow. We are fortunate to have a lovely community. I think we can set up a private subforum, ie visible to any member logged in but not visible to non-registered members, where people can ask for CC (constructive criticism). Any member of the site would be able to offer feedback.

Would this be of interest?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 09-16-2013, 03:51 PM
scrapastrophe's Avatar
scrapastrophe scrapastrophe is offline
theStudio Artist
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Australian Capital Territory
Posts: 245
Default Re: NDC 2013 - Contest info & babble

Yes!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.