Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 11-04-2013, 08:38 PM
theStudio Designer

Default November Random Chat Thread!

OK everyone - have you recovered from the craziness that was DSD?

What are your November plans?

Anyone have snow yet?

Old 11-04-2013, 08:57 PM
the Studio Admin Team Member

Default Re: November Random Chat Thread!

I've been away for the weekend so missed the DSD activities.

No snow here, I've got the shorts and T-shirt out today - it's just starting to warm up.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:52 AM
theStudio CT

Snow here a couple weeks ago but just a quick ground cover that melted by the next day. Hunting season starts on the 15th so, of course, everyone is hoping for snow for tracking. RUN BAMBI, RUN!!! I hate hunting!!!!
But with the economy as bad as it is, and this being a very poor area, I know that for some people, that is their meat for the winter.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Chit Cat

It is just beginning to cool down here. We have had lots of rain the last two weeks. Makes it kind of dreary out, but we need the rain so much. As for plans, this month we have 6 birthdays and 4 anniversaries this month. I am in the middle of making my families calendars for Christmas and a trip to visit my grandson is in the works for my daughter and I. So it will be a busy month for me.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:22 AM
theStudio CT

Well it's pretty great here now with no humidity and in the 80's. I'm trying to start and finish my Paris trip book so I can give a copy to my brother for Christmas (he recently lost his wife). Back to the gym after being away for over a month...gosh it's hard getting back in the groove.

My brother is coming for Thanksgiving with my 2 nephews...lots to cook. Looking forward to turkey and all those trimmings!

Old 11-05-2013, 12:56 PM
theStudio Designer

I kinda, mostly survived? LOL ish....
I can't believe this year is almost over! This time last year I was stressing about a cross country move!! Funny....I'm in the process of preparing for the same blasted move, just backwards!

Snow doesn't really fall here in North Carolina. It rains though. That..we have. Plenty of.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:50 PM
the Studio CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
I've been away for the weekend so missed the DSD activities.

No snow here, I've got the shorts and T-shirt out today - it's just starting to warm up.
Egads, I need to move! I just got rid of all my light clothes and brought out the warm and woolies! I hate cold! It's just the beginning of November and I'm already feeling chilled to the bone - but it always seems bad when it just starts to get cold. Once it gets really cold, then near freezing will feel like a regular heat wave! LOL
Old 11-05-2013, 01:55 PM
theStudio Artist

I was so busy with my daughter's birthday party I missed the DSD excitement. Maybe next time. My November is crazy, I have plan every weekend between Jeep events and Passion Parties! Its a good thing I'm almost done my Christmas Shopping!

I wish the weather would make up its mind! Its been quite a roller coaster but no snow yet, I have a feeling Winter is going to hard at some point!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:46 PM
theStudio CT

November is very quite for us. My youngest daughter's BD on the 25th, and getting ready to decorate for Christmas is the highlights for this month.I Love the Christmas season. I'm 70 and never going to grow up! Chuckle, chuckle! :0 Our weather is beautiful and I'm enjoying life!!

Signature created with Forever Friends by Snickerdoodle Designs
Old 11-06-2013, 09:45 PM
theStudio Designer

I'm just starting to feel a bit normal after being sick for a while. Went around the whole shop at work and my boss ended up in emerg on Friday - egads! I hope that's it for a while. Catching up on some designs. It's a long weekend here this weekend so finally having the kids over for dinner. It's so hard to get us all together at the same time these days with everyone's schedules. Our BC Lions (football) are in the first weekend of playoffs Sunday and then our Canucks (hockey - we're crazy for hockey here) play at dinner time right after and with my son and I both in NFL football pools, I'm thinking we will be eating off of TV tables on Sunday!

Had our first real frost a couple of days ago and had to scrap my windows - ugh! And now I'm waiting for a sunny day to get out in the yard and start to winterize and put things in the shed. Still have some flowers in the garden though - but another couple of frosty days and it might be the end of that!
Old 11-07-2013, 03:38 PM
theStudio Picasso

It's really raw here today in Ottawa ... lots of wind ... did some Christmas shopping today. Now have only the girls to do ... 4 of them .... I wish I was a chipmunk ... I could bury myself in the ground, curl up to stay warm until the snow leaves
Old 11-07-2013, 05:00 PM
theStudio Designer

We have to suddenly move - though not permanently. There is water damage to our bathroom coming from upstairs and we need to move out while they fix it. There is asbestos and mold - YUK! I am frantically trying to figure out a)where to go and b)what to do with the cats! Holy stress, batman!

Old 11-08-2013, 10:34 AM
theStudio Picasso

first thing .... BREATHE .... lol .... you will find a place...how long will it take to clean up ? .... will your insurance company help with the moving/rent of another place while it's being done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDesigns View Post
We have to suddenly move - though not permanently. There is water damage to our bathroom coming from upstairs and we need to move out while they fix it. There is asbestos and mold - YUK! I am frantically trying to figure out a)where to go and b)what to do with the cats! Holy stress, batman!
Old 11-08-2013, 01:49 PM
theStudio CT

Oh Jewel! How awful! Sending you good vibes!!!!!
I got a flu shot Tuesday and it totally knocked me off my feet. By 4 that afternoon I was in bed and couldn't move. Every muscle in my body was screaming in pain!!! Been getting flu shots for years and never had a reaction. Just got up today and started moving around. Has anyone else had a reaction from this year's flu shot????
Old 11-08-2013, 06:42 PM
theStudio Picasso

I've never had a reaction like that and I've been getting them for over 25 years. Maybe you had a virus when you got it and that is what you are feeling rather than the shot ... it just hadn't made itself known yet ... hope your getting better
Old 11-08-2013, 07:04 PM
theStudio CT

Well, it was definitely flu symptoms, but I got over everything is just 3 days!! When I didn't get a shot 8 years ago and got the flu I was in bed for almost 2 weeks and it took me another month to just feel like myself again. So if I did have the virus, the shot definitely stopped it from being any worse than it was.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Chit Cat

We get flu shots every year. So far no reactions. Jewel, hope all goes well with the household problems. Here in E. TX we have had a lot of rain. Dry today, but it is beginning to get chilly. Most of my Christmas shopping is done. Now time to wrap and finish the family calendars. Best of all is lots of football to watch tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:32 PM
theStudio Warhol

I'm not sure my wallet survived DSD! I've been unzipping my goodies and realized I bought 7GB of goodies from the Studio alone!!! I've had to buy online storage for my zip files. LOL! Very expensive weekend!

I survived the flu and the following pneumonia and am starting to feel normal enough to go get a flu shot. Just in case it isn't the one I had.

I planned to do a bunch of photo books for Christmas but alas it's to late to get them shipped.

Winter hit like a bomb here with snow and freezing temps once we got in to November. That's it now until March or April just snow, cold and darkness.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:32 AM
theStudio Designer

PSSSSSSSSSST!!!!!!!!!!! Have you checked out the GSO thread yet?? We're back at it and it's fun

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...play.php?f=429
Old 11-15-2013, 07:45 AM
theStudio CT

Yeah! Love GSO!! Lots of beautiful layouts!!