Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 11-26-2013, 04:26 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: November Random Chat Thread!

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I disappeared. We are in week 3 of our relocation to the hotel, and we'll be here until at least Dec 6th. The wifi is really, really bad ... practically unusable.

We do have insurance covering the relocation but it's been stressful ... they didn't know until the last minute if they were going to cover, then they said they would but we couldn't find a hotel that would bill them, they all wanted to bill my credit card (sadly I don't have 6K on my credit card to pay for it) ... then with help we found a hotel that would bill insurance so we moved here ... but then after a week they billed my credit card anyway! We sorted that and they refunded my card and said they would bill insurance. Then the strata was going to do some plumbing and insurance said they wouldn't cover the days the plumber was there, and then strata decided NOT to do plumbing and insurance called the hotel to sort everything out and the hotel said 'no, we're planning to bill everything to the credit card.'

So we've been living here, not knowing if we're going to have to find a way to pay for some or all of it and wait for reimbursement, spending more on gas (the hotel is 10 minutes away from home so 10 minutes further from everything we do), spending more on food (there is a kitchen but it's tiny, and we don't have our pantry of spices and sauces to cook from), and trying to hold it together.

There is a pool, so that's a plus And hey, having housekeeping coming regularly is nice, too. But the thrill of those things wore off after day 2 LOL.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:27 PM
theStudio Warhol

Oh Jewel! I was beginning to worry! I was hoping the house hadn't floated away with all of you. Glad to hear you are safe.
Sorry to hear of all the troubles.
Hope everything sorts out in your favour. Sending positive energy to help it along.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:16 AM
theStudio CT

Oh my goodness, Jewel!! I missed all this. What happened? Hoping everything works out for you. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. HUGS!!

Well I wanted snow----I am getting SNOW!!!! Can hardly see the highway from the front window. Don't think I will be driving anywhere today. Suppose to snow all day. So many travelers are stranded with this monster moving across the nation.
My daughter (the one I lived with) just called. She is driving through the mountains of North Carolina on Route 26 heading for Tennessee and she is in the thick of it!! And she is not use to driving in this stuff ----AND she has the three children with her!!!! She is meeting her ex in Tennessee so the children can spend Thanksgiving with him. He is coming from St. Louis. They meet half way. She doesn't understand 'black ice" and I was trying to explain to her what to look for. So now I'll be a nervous wreck all day until she and her ex are both safe back home-----especially with the children----who, by the way, LOVE it because they don't get to see snow!
Old 11-27-2013, 02:15 PM
theStudio Designer

That is so tricky Nancy - I hope she stays safe. The trick is go go slow, and use your brakes as LITTLE as possible. I've seen the reports and you guys are having some rough weather. And for Thanksgiving - how inconvenient of Mother Nature!

Jewel - sounds like a nightmare. My daughter went through the same things recently when the condo above her flooded. It took about 6 months before it was all done and settled. And their 4-day stay at a hotel turned well into over a week. Best of luck, but hopefully everything will be way more healthier for you all!
Old 11-27-2013, 03:06 PM
theStudio CT

Well, she finally gave up in Tennessee. She was about an hour away from where they usually meet and she called him and said she had enough and couldn't drive any further! He told her to stay where she was and he would come to her. So he drove an extra hour to get to her. Sadly the marriage didn't work out, but they are best friends and he's still a nice guy!!