Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > About theStudio

About theStudio Learn about our scrappy home on the web, ask a question or grab a blinkie!

Old 11-19-2013, 10:40 AM
theStudio Monet

Question Picture & Album Link

Curious about the link to Pictures & Albums. This seems to be a different place than Gallery. I have lots and lots of Albums but when I click on the Pictures and Album link it says I have non and wants me to start making one. Can someone explain to me how these are different. It took me for ever to find my Albums this morning.

Diana Lost in Cyberville.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:58 PM
theStudio Designer

Location: Livermore, California -- home of the famous light bulb
Default Re: Picture & Album Link

Hi Diana ...

This was/is something that always confused me. When you click on "My Photos" you are whisked away to your "Gallery" ... this is viewable to the world (or at least anyone with a username/password). You can also make "Albums" and upload your layouts there. The main differences that I know of is that your layouts can only be so big (can't remember the actual size) but you can choose if you want them viewable to the world or keep them private.

I'll do a little more digging about the differences just in case I'm WAY off base on this explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberpony View Post
Curious about the link to Pictures & Albums. This seems to be a different place than Gallery. I have lots and lots of Albums but when I click on the Pictures and Album link it says I have non and wants me to start making one. Can someone explain to me how these are different. It took me for ever to find my Albums this morning.

Diana Lost in Cyberville.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:22 AM
theStudio Monet

Thanks for the help Jill.
To see what I am asking about. Go to User CP the Click on Pictures and Albums. When I do that I get a Blank Page that wants me to make albums.
I already Have Many Many Albums that I can get to by going to the The Drop Down Menu on the Title Bar of the site. Community, Then Gallery, then I click on my photos to get to my albums.
Am I making any sense?
Old 11-26-2013, 01:28 PM
theStudio Party Girl

ahhh.... so your pictures & albums link in UserCP is not linking to your gallery albums.... has this worked previously for you Diana? Or is this the first time you've used it in the UserCP?

just want to be sure we're connecting the right things! There is a place under your profile here in the forum to make photo albums and upload pics... these are NOT associated with the gallery at all. It's intention is for you to upload pics of yourself/artwork/goofy pics/etc that people can look at if they go to your profile here in the forum. It's a completely different option than making albums in the gallery, and the two do not transfer to each other automatically, you would have to upload in both places.

Hope I answered the question, instead of making it worse! LOL!
Old 12-01-2013, 11:01 AM
theStudio Monet

Thanks Kim. That makes sense. Never posted anything personal. Thought you were only supposed to post Lay outs here.
Always wondered whats to do with the pictures for photo challenges.