Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself! New to theStudio? Or been here a while but you've been lurking? Stop here and introduce yourself! Tell us how you got started in digiscraping or what you love about digiscraping - just anything you'd like to say! We'd love to welcome you to our community! Make sure to start a new thread so you don't get lost in a thread that is already there!! ;>)

Old 02-23-2014, 10:13 AM
theStudio Scrapper

Default Paper Patterns - More Than 2 Vectors

I wish I had thought of saying "new & stupid" in my intro. I am like a kid again with every technique I conquer. I have conquered making Photoshop patterns using no more than 2 vector images - & I have thanks to the many tutorials out there by so many talented designers. What I have not come across is a tutorial on using multiple vectors to create paper patterns of random images using more than 2 vectors. If anyone knows of a tutorial, I would appreciate a link. From the great white north with 8 inches still on the ground even after our early melt.....
Old 02-23-2014, 12:30 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default Re: Paper Patterns - More Than 2 Vectors

Are you creating patterns for a paper ? or a pattern for photoshop ? .... I'm not sure why you are only using vectors ? ... is it a scatter pattern you are making ? ... if you could supply more information ... from SuCanDo who is also from the great white north lol
Old 02-24-2014, 10:32 AM
theStudio Scrapper

this is why i think i too am "new & stupid" - my terminology is not always correct. Yes I am trying to make papers - not templates nor layered psd files. I use vectors because that is all I know how to use at the moment. I know how to make a pat file with 2 vectors (or images) then use filter offset to make the pattern - save the pattern & then apply to 3600 backgrounds. I only know how to use 3 images. I would love to learn how to create patterns with more than 2 images so that I have 3 or more images which repeat themselves in some type of pattern - I want to say randomly scattered, but a "repeating" randomly scattered. I hope I can find the words to define what I am looking for.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:37 PM
theStudio Picasso

New maybe, but stupid never ... we are all beginners at one time or another at something, learning can be fun if somewhat frustrating at times ..... you can create a pattern for your papers using any png image without a background if you want to put it on top of another background. Do make sure there is no copywrite on that image though. You can also use brushes, shapes and digital stamps, again ensure you are allowed to use them. Photoshop has an amazing number of shapes now that are packed in with the software that you can use. I use elements and it does not use vectors (sigh) ... it changes images to bitmats and I can not create shapes either but I can use them. I hope this helps you .... don't be afraid to ask and don't feel stupid. You can also google for tutorials ... there are a ton of them and here at the studio as well.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:44 PM
theStudio Scrapper

I have both purchased clipart from scrapbooking stores like digital scrapbooking studio & trying to incorporate them with edited pics of my pets & other items. the problem is finding the tutorial. Miss Tiina from SugarHill has a fabulous tutorial for learning how to do the seamless pat files using two images. I want to go beyond that & use 3 or more images. But I just can't find a tutorial on the internet. I have used every combination of search terms imaginable - including searching Youtube separately, alas to no avail. So if any designer has one out there, that would be great. It's lovely to buy all the psd vector files for making unique papers, but trying to get tutorials is rather hard.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:07 PM
theStudio Picasso

How about this one .... http://bloomwebdesign.net/2013/07/ho...-in-photoshop/
This one creates it the same way .... http://www.proworks.com/blog/2012/10...-in-photoshop/

I'm searching blind but these do use more than three different images in their tiles. Let me know either way.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:27 AM
theStudio Scrapper

Thank you! I have been ill & haven't had the time to check in - will go check those links now - thanks!!