Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Events > March {Mini} Madness

March {Mini} Madness Sale: All mini kits will be on sale for $1 March 22-April 5
Contest: Use any mini kit from our store and create a layout.
Reward: $1 off coupon. Every. Day.
Pinterest Bonus: Pin our mini kits to Pinterest.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:18 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Default Pinterest Tutorial

Hi all! For those that need a little help with the How To's of pinning, I'm here to help! Now, I do not proclaim myself as a Pinterest Master... to be honest, I've just really started using Pinterest enough to learn the ins and outs, and I'm sure I don't know them all! But, I know the basics of pinning, so here we go!

First, go to Pinterest.com and create an account for yourself, if you haven't done that yet! Once you're all set up and ready to Pin, create a Board to keep your pins organized. Click your name in the upper right corner, then choose "Profile & Pins" to see your content:

If you've just created an account, there won't be anything on this screen except "Create A Board"

Click on that and a pop-up box will come up. This is where you are going to name your board, add a little description, choose a category and decide if you want it to be a Secret Board. It's okay if you choose to make it secret now, you can switch it to a public board later. HOWEVER, you canNOT do this in reverse! Meaning, you can't take a public board and make it a private, Secret Board. Why? I have no idea! It would be pretty cool if you could! You'll have to take that up with the Pinterest Powers That Be!

Once you've created your board, you have two options on how you want to pin. If you want to upload an image from your computer, or another URL, click the "Add A Pin" box and choose which method you prefer.

Your second choice is to go to the website and use the Pin It button! <-- looks just like that! I prefer the Pin It button because it automatically embeds the link to that page in the pin and I don't have to copy/paste it in there! I'm all about automation and less work!

You will notice that every product in our store has sharing buttons across the top, like this:

When you get to a product you like, just click that Pin It button! A new page will come up with a bunch of images, including the product preview. Just click the preview you want to Pin.

The next pop up is where you are going to choose your board and add a description. When you're done, just click that Pin It button and it will now be pinned to your board! You will notice below that I added a brief description of the product and a bunch of hashtags! Once your pin is uploaded, you can click on those hashtags and pull up other Pins from other users with the same tag!

And that's all there is to pinning! Again, I give the disclaimer that I am not responsible for your complete and total addiction to Pinterest! It is a force all of it's own..... be warned!
Old 03-26-2014, 09:27 PM
theStudio CT

Default Re: Pinterest Tutorial

OK-----sooooooooo, why are my marchminimadness pins not showing up when I click on my hashtag by that name? That is exactly how I did it. (sniff sniff)
Old 03-26-2014, 10:43 PM
theStudio Monet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyP View Post
OK-----sooooooooo, why are my marchminimadness pins not showing up when I click on my hashtag by that name? That is exactly how I did it. (sniff sniff)
Hi Nancy,

My marchmadness pins are just now beginning to show up. Everything on Pinterest seems to update in "Real Time" i.e. immediately, except searches. Give it a couple of days. I don't know how they update the pinned items, but obviously it's done in anything but real time. I know, you're anxious to be included in the contest, but it will change and your pins will show up. Hang in there.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:45 PM
theStudio Monet

Good job on the tutorial Kimberly. Is it possible to pin it to the forum page so it stays on top? A lot of people will be looking for this info.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:50 AM
theStudio Picasso

Thank you Kimberly for taking the time to do this for us. I was not sure how and where to use the hash tags until this tutorial. Do we need to post our Pinterest link on one of these threads?
Old 03-27-2014, 03:55 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Nancy, we've noticed that not all of the pins are updating in the search when clicking the hashtag. We are looking into it, it seems Pinterest may have changed it's rules for hashtag searches - but we have other ways to pull them up!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:57 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Hey Diane! It's not required to post your link, but you can if you want! .
Old 03-27-2014, 05:32 PM
theStudio Designer

Thank you Kimberly! I introduce my hubby and my son to Pinterest two months ago, and I made addicts out of them!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:32 PM
theStudio Party Girl

FYI: This is the note from Pinterest:

Note: Although we are working hard to get your new Pins indexed as quickly as we can, keep in mind that there will be up to a couple of days delay before your new Pins can be searched.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:35 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy Bird Design View Post
Thank you Kimberly! I introduce my hubby and my son to Pinterest two months ago, and I made addicts out of them!
LOL Pierrette! I think just about everyone who signs up for Pinterest becomes addicted!
Old 03-31-2014, 01:42 AM
theStudio Warhol

i am using your pin button and is there any way to have the box expanded enough so you dont have to manually expand it each time.
i use your pin button
then paste #marchminimadness
now the pin button is hidden and have to manually expand box. how do i keep it expanded.

Angelique's Scraps , Bee creations, Desclics, Ilonka's Scrapbook designs, JuliEnriquez Designs ,Kastagnette , kittyscrap , Laitha's Designs, Le petit Scrap, lins creations, mellye creations, Lady R designs, Pat's Scrap, S Designs, Sarayane, Scrap'Angie, E-scape and scrap, and Pickleberry pop
http://www.pinterest.com/zanthia5/
http://scrapstacks.com/zanthia
http://www.cooperslittlecorner.blogspot.com/
Old 03-31-2014, 04:13 PM
theStudio Party Girl

OMG, I'm not the only one that's going bonkers with this! This started happening to me just yesterday and it's SO ANNOYING! But it appears to be a Pinterest issue, because I was pinning from a different site yesterday and it was doing the same thing! Could we be breaking Pinterest?!?!!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 06:07 PM
theStudio Warhol

well i am glad that its not just me
never had a problem before and i pin my ct pages as i am not on facebook.
if i make my fonts super tiny it works normally but than i get eyestrain.

yet repinning works fine so i guess for this i can just repin
Angelique's Scraps , Bee creations, Desclics, Ilonka's Scrapbook designs, JuliEnriquez Designs ,Kastagnette , kittyscrap , Laitha's Designs, Le petit Scrap, lins creations, mellye creations, Lady R designs, Pat's Scrap, S Designs, Sarayane, Scrap'Angie, E-scape and scrap, and Pickleberry pop
http://www.pinterest.com/zanthia5/
http://scrapstacks.com/zanthia
http://www.cooperslittlecorner.blogspot.com/
Old 04-04-2014, 10:42 AM
theStudio Picasso

Strange. I checked Pinterest today and decided to do an all pin search using the hashtag and only a few of my pins showed up. When I switched it to show just my pins, then they were all there. Here is a link to my pins if anyone wants to see what I am talking about. http://www.pinterest.com/search/my_p...rchminimadness
Old 04-04-2014, 10:48 AM
theStudio Monet

I am just hoping Toiny and Team can see everything when she does/they do the search tomorrow!