Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > theStudio Happenings

theStudio Happenings Stop in to get the latest about what is new and hot at theStudio.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:17 AM
theStudio Admin Team Member

Default The Studio Hash Tags

Hash Tags are all the rage. They are designed to help you virtually collate your searches across most social media platforms.

Here is an easy list of "official" #hashtags

#theStudio - used on all social media to find anything The Studio related
#digitalscrapbooking - used on all social media to find anything digiscrap related
#studioroundrobin - Required to qualify for the 10% Round Robin Bonus Discount
#theStudioRetiring - used to identify current retiring products

** EDIT ** we are officially changing from #digiscrap to #digitalscrapbooking

The Studio Designer Hash Tags

ADB Designs - #ADBDesigns
Designs By Brigit - #DesignsByBrigit
eqrAveziur - #aveziur
Flower Scraps - #flowerscraps
Jilbert's Bits of Bytes - #JilbertsBitsOfBytes
Kimberkatt Scraps - #kimberkattscraps
LouCee Creations - #loucee
ManuScraps - #ManuScraps
Nibbles Scribbles - #nibblesskribbles
Patty B Scraps - #pattybscraps
The Urban Fairy - #theurbanfairy
Vero - The French Touch -
#verothefrenchtouch
Zesty Digi Designs - #ZestyDigiDesigns

Last edited by Rebecca; 05-17-2014 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:10 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: The Studio Hash Tags

I'm still quite confused on how hashtags work. For example, are they case sensitive? Does #thestudio work as well as #theStudio or would those items with the lower case hashtag not be picked up in a search?
Old 05-07-2014, 12:26 PM
theStudio Warhol

I second Stash Empress as far as confusion goes! Do you just type the "hash tag" into the search box, for example on Google? How or where do I enter the hash tag for it to be recognized? For example in the Round Robin - do I include the hash tag in the Forum post or in the Gallery description or in the comments of a Facebook post?

Steph
Old 05-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Chit Cat

I am as confused as the rest of you. Maybe even more. I have no idea how to do this or where to do it. I guess I will have to skip this one. Still lots of challenges to do!
Old 05-07-2014, 05:47 PM
theStudio Monet

I did a #******* (name excluded) in google search and all I came up with was my blog, it was the only item that came up from the search and I know there are many pins for it

I just used the hash tag #roundrobin in the search in pinterest and came up with nothing studio related
Ok this time I put studio in front and nothing came up, but i do think pinterest takes a little time to get itself together

I'm very confused about hash tags.......

Old 05-08-2014, 06:49 AM
theStudio Designer

Hashtags are used on Social Media sites - the # symbol sets them apart from the other words you're using in your posts - and they become search terms. In theory, #theStudio and #thestudio would be the same thing, with the same results.

Hashtags are used on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & Instagram, and likely on other Social Media sites I don't know about! Using a hashtag in the forum here - it appears just like text, but, just for fun go type a hashtag into your Facebook Status, and it will become a link to a Facebook search for that word.

So, basically, a hashtag is a search word, it become a hashtag, because we put a # in front of it.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for looking! Find more Nibbles Skribbles:

Old 05-08-2014, 09:01 AM
theStudio Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandak View Post
Hashtags are used on Social Media sites - the # symbol sets them apart from the other words you're using in your posts - and they become search terms. In theory, #theStudio and #thestudio would be the same thing, with the same results.

Hashtags are used on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & Instagram, and likely on other Social Media sites I don't know about! Using a hashtag in the forum here - it appears just like text, but, just for fun go type a hashtag into your Facebook Status, and it will become a link to a Facebook search for that word.

So, basically, a hashtag is a search word, it become a hashtag, because we put a # in front of it.

Hope this helps!
OK so I just typed #thestudio into the search box at Pinterest to see what would come up. So there were a number of tutorials from The Studio, some had a hashtag #thestudio, some had a hashtag #theStudio, many had no hashtag, there were a number of items that came up from Etsy from a thestudio8 (no hashtag), and there were plenty of other items from Etsy that had NO connection to the words "thestudio" or any hashtags or anything & no idea why they came up! There were also some products from other digital scrapping stores, no idea how they came up in the search! (I opened them up to see if they had "studio" in the description, but nope -- and no hashtags either).

What I noticeably did NOT see were any products pinned from the Studio!!!!! Now there should have been a TON of THOSE because we just had the PinItToWinIt game & I know that I had a board with over 90 pins & I had put #thestudio hashtags on all of them!

(OK, i just looked some more -- I found a FEW pins of Studio products -- but they were all from the Studio designers pinboards & not from anyone's individual wish lists. So --- where did they all go??? And how did our hashtags help anyone find your pins on our pinboards?????)

Tis a mystery!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:58 AM
theStudio CT

----the hanging hashtags!! Reminds me of the "hanging chads" from the 2000 election!!!! Too funny!!!! Sorry---I'm in a humorous mood today----
Old 05-08-2014, 02:36 PM
theStudio Designer

Hash tags aren't a sure way to make sure that you are only searching for just that hash tag - a google search will will bring up anything with those word in it regardless of the hash tag - a hash tag's main attraction is that is allows you to pull a specific search phrase from across all social media. for example - I haven't ever really used hash tags before (mostly because my programmer hubby thinks they are ridiculous because as long as the word you are searching is in the description - it will pull it up anyway) but when i search #Flowerscraps - the first thing that comes up is a set of my overlays that Jill pinned and added that hash tag to. When you are looking for something more specific or for something that is unique - it can be VERY useful!

Old 05-08-2014, 02:58 PM
theStudio Admin Team Member

Could be that you were going super fast.

Hash tags are not "exclusive" which is probably why you picked up things from other places.
When you begin your search, be sure to watch for the site you want to pop up. It doesn't mean you won't get some things that aren't relevant but if just put in the hash tag and hit enter, you're accidentally asking to receive anything with that tag or even a combination of those letters.

When I start to type in #theStudio here is what I get.

Oh and the reason the round robin isn't showing is because it's brand new. I'm actually running late to pin some of those so let me jump over there and do that now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash Empress View Post
OK so I just typed #thestudio into the search box at Pinterest to see what would come up. So there were a number of tutorials from The Studio, some had a hashtag #thestudio, some had a hashtag #theStudio, many had no hashtag,
Old 05-08-2014, 03:00 PM
theStudio Monet

Don't remind me of those. As a resident of the state where that happened, I was very embarrassed by the people who were so careless as to not check their ballots before inserting them in the slot. There were instructions on how to be sure the ballots were completely punched through, I guess many were too lazy to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyP View Post
----the hanging hashtags!! Reminds me of the "hanging chads" from the 2000 election!!!! Too funny!!!! Sorry---I'm in a humorous mood today----
Old 05-08-2014, 08:58 PM
theStudio CT

I know the feeling, Elaina!! I was living in Daytona Beach at the time and sure got my share of teasing from all my friends from other states!!!
Old 05-09-2014, 04:13 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Also, on Pinterest especially, it will take a day or two for the hashtag pins to pull in search results, it's a bit slower than other social media sites At least this is what I've noticed...

Tags
#hashtag, roundrobin