Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself! New to theStudio? Or been here a while but you've been lurking? Stop here and introduce yourself! Tell us how you got started in digiscraping or what you love about digiscraping - just anything you'd like to say! We'd love to welcome you to our community! Make sure to start a new thread so you don't get lost in a thread that is already there!! ;>)

Old 07-04-2008, 02:06 AM
theStudio Monet

Default Howdy From Beautiful Oregon

About Time I Check in here
Formal Howdy to Everyone

Hi I am Diana, For those of you wondering about the name; I have a Quarter Pony Named Amber. That is where Amberpony came from.

This is a great Forum, with wonderful people. The Challenges have gotten me back in to getting my LOs done. Thanks everyone here at SAS!

If you have seen me around you already know I am working on a Goat Album. My other favorite subjects are My Horses, Service Dogs and My Son slips in now & again. Over interests include Our Ranch in Northern Ca Foothills, My House in Oregon & Our many Travels in between.
I have been doing this Digi Scrap & Hybrid Scrapping since before it was cool (like I started in DOS) I am stuck on the old fashion take forever method. lol
I am running Window Vista and gave up my PS7 for PSE6. I am starting to enjoy the new short cuts! Wow things are speeding up & so much prettier too. I have been scanning & retouching photos since the Mid 90's Not as sharp as I used to be but a little concentration makes for most of it.

My one biggest words of hard learned advise is do a complete orderly Back Up on High Quaility Disks at least once a year. Even Disks Fail! Especially Hard Drives. I back up all the time and do a clean orderly yearly back up onto quaility disk even so I recently lost many photos I scanned in from borrowed pictures :eek: when the Computer didn't read the old computer writen disks. I was 5 years behind. Some worked some didn't But I had many copies in different places and managed to retrieve most of them. We won't talk about all the people that have come to me trying to get there missing pictures from camara's and hard drives. Back UP Back Up Back Up. PLEASE!!!!

Last edited by Amberpony; 07-04-2008 at 02:20 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:44 AM
theStudio Picasso

Hi Diana! It's not really "welcome to SAS" since I've seen you out and about our forum for a while now. I know I've used a number of your LOs in the newsletter. This is more a, good to meet you, and thanks for being an active and productive member of SAS. I hope we see many more LOs of your goats, your horses and your son (poor guy gets 3rd billing, lol).
Old 07-04-2008, 02:41 PM
theStudio Picasso

Hi Diana !
You create beautiful pages :-) Great you are here with us :-)
Old 07-04-2008, 06:14 PM
theStudio Monet

Talking Thanks For The Kind Words

Thanks For The Kind Words.
lol It did take me a while to check in
I guess I was waiting until I felt like this is where I will stay. So I guess this is it SAS for me!
Old 07-04-2008, 08:42 PM
theStudio Monet

Hi Diana - we finally know your real name! I've seen your screen name for a while. Glad you feel comfortable here, it's a great place to hang out.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:59 PM
SAS-y Gem

Hi and welcome to SAS!