Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself! New to theStudio? Or been here a while but you've been lurking? Stop here and introduce yourself! Tell us how you got started in digiscraping or what you love about digiscraping - just anything you'd like to say! We'd love to welcome you to our community! Make sure to start a new thread so you don't get lost in a thread that is already there!! ;>)

Old 05-18-2014, 07:40 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Hello from Michigan!

Hi everybody! I wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking here for a while and buying here for a long time, but I'm new to the forums. My name is Mary and I live in mid-Michigan with my husband of 39 years. My husband retired a couple of years ago, so we're enjoying having some time together finally. I've been scrapping for probably 30 years if you include paper scrapping. I've been digi-scrapping exclusively for about 7 years, but in all honesty I go in fits and starts. I'll scrap like a crazy woman for about 6 months and then I'll put it down for a bit. Scrapping is more of a wintertime thing for me I think, but you have to remember that I live in Michigan, and I have to savor all of the beautiful summer days that I can! When I'm not scrapping, I love to garden, go antiquing, travel and read. I love to snuggle with my Pug, Angus, and my biggest love is probably Genealogy. It was Genealogy that got me scrapping in the first place. I've met so many wonderful and talented people through the years, and I'm happy to meet you too!

I do have a question. I posted a layout to the Round Robin challenge yesterday, and it still hasn't showed up in the Round Robin thread. Is that because I'm new? It shows up in my gallery and also in the Round Robin gallery, but my post with the layout hasn't appeared in the challenge thread. Does anybody know why this might be?
Old 05-19-2014, 12:55 AM
the Studio CT

Default Re: Hello from Michigan!

Did you specifically post the link into the thread? Otherwise you might need to post five times (Anywhere) before your post shows up.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:55 AM
the Studio CT

PS And welcome
Old 05-23-2014, 07:25 PM
theStudio Designer

Welcome to the FORUM part of The Studio Mary! So glad you've peeked in I hope your summer has lots of memories for you to scrap about this winter! I'm Danielle aka The Urban Fairy. I saw your post issue, but I think it's been handled already! Which is great, cuz I suck at that kind of stuff. We just got a new pup ourselves her name is Pixie and she's a pit! I was hesitant at first, but I think we have enough backbone to be bully breed parents. She super sweet and aside from the house breaking, very good!
Old 05-24-2014, 03:46 PM
theStudio Designer

Welcome to the forum, Mary! Glad you join in here and get to know you

Old 05-25-2014, 12:06 AM
theStudio Designer

Welcome to the Forum Mary - and it looks like your problems have been solved - yeah! So nice that you're participating in the Round Robin challenge - what a fabulous kit right? I hear you on the summer/winter thing. Winter is definitely when I get more creative stuff done. You've got to enjoy that good weather while you can! Looking forward to seeing more of your creativeness!
Old 05-25-2014, 12:14 AM
theStudio CT

Hi from another Michigander!! And, yep, winter in Michigan is great scrapping time---besides all the snow shoveling, that is!! SOOOOO enjoying the sunshine!! Actually suppose to hit 75 tomorrow up here in NE Michigan. I am right on Lake Huron.
You will enjoy it here. Friendlies folks around!! Glad to see you jumped right into the Round Robin. It's an awesome kit to work with!!
Old 05-25-2014, 07:01 AM
the Studio Admin Team Member

Welcome to the Studio Mary and I'm very happy to 'meet' you too!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:23 PM
theStudio Admin Team Member

Location: Livermore, California -- home of the famous light bulb

Greeting from sunny (sometimes), VERY dry California. I have no idea what a real winter is like, but I'd love to know what a rainy winter should be (sorry, I'm whining ... we're in the middle of the worst drought in over 100 years). Welcome to theStudio ... you're going to love it here.