Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Challenges and Contests > Archived Monthly Challenges > Life's Musical Moments Challenge

Life's Musical Moments Challenge Do certain songs have special meaning for you? Do they bring up memories every time you hear them? Join theStudio Designer Monika in scrapping pages to illustrate why those songs are special to you. We'd love to see your memories so post them in the Life's Musical Moments Gallery here!

Old 08-07-2008, 11:48 AM
theStudio Warhol

Default Musical Moments Challenge for August

Sorry for the delay in getting this posted. I wanted to have my layout done by the time I posted this, as an example of what I'm thinking of for this month. But of course, I've been awfully busy, and haven't gotten my layout done yet. So here's my idea, hopefully it will inspire you.

There is one particular song that whenever I hear it, no matter where I am or what I'm doing, it makes me pause to just listen to the song. No matter how I am feeling, that song just makes the whole rest of the world disappear and I just feel...happy. So the challenge this month is to scrap a song that does that to you, a song that is so powerful that it draws you in no matter what else is on your mind. And it can be any emotion, but the song has to make you FEEL something. And, to make it a challenge, I want to layout to try to convey what you feel when you hear that song. And make the lyrics of the song the focus of the page, instead of a photo. This is about the words and the feelings. If you include photos, try to blend them into the background to create the mood. Be creative!

Here is the posting bonus, once again graciously donated by EllenM.

my blog
Old 08-10-2008, 06:19 PM
SAS-y Gem

Here is my try at this challenge:
http://www.stoneaccentsstudio.com/ga...29&ppuser=2804
Many thanks,
Jennifer
Old 08-13-2008, 02:04 PM
theStudio Artist

Default First Time for this challenge

This is the first time I have participated in this challenge, although I have made some pages for the Color Challenge in the past few months. When I saw this challenge I knew exactly which song I wanted to use. I wouldn't call it my favorite song because it's so difficult to listen to but I can't pay attention to anything else when it comes on the radio. I have to listen to it all the way through. So many of my very close relatives have suffered from cancer and I lost four of them within a year's time, only a couple of years ago. I'm not exactly sure what to call the emotion this brings up. It's some combination of sadness, happiness, grief, hurt, comfort and some other things too that I can't describe in words but can covey much better with a layout. I particularly love the little angels flying up the left side. I have wanted to do some kind of a memorial page for my parents but just couldn't make one I liked until now. Thanks for the inspiration. Now I can go work on some happy stuff.

My layout is a double page one. I have put links for individual pages and both together.

Here are my links:

Candy
Old 08-14-2008, 02:11 PM
SAS-y Pearl

Default Favorite song

http://www.stoneaccentsstudio.com/ga...6&limit=recent
Old 08-14-2008, 08:50 PM
theStudio Warhol

Here is my LO for challenge. I love this so. It makes my heart and soul sing.
It is usually heard as an instrumental. It was written by the Carter Family.

http://www.stoneaccentsstudio.com/ga...4&limit=recent
Old 08-14-2008, 08:54 PM
SAS-y Pebble

Hello again. Here's my layout for the Musical Moments Challenge. It's a song my Josh Groban. Any song by him makes MY heart sing... Enjoy!

When You Say You Love Me

Doris
Old 08-18-2008, 07:08 PM
SAS-y Pearl

Took me a while to come up with this one, and then one morning, there I was at the WaWa, minding my own business, getting my coffee, when this song came on and a huge grin came over me and I knew what to make my page: http://www.stoneaccentsstudio.com/ga...hp?photo=20134
Old 08-19-2008, 10:24 AM
theStudio Artist

Here's my contribution. This isn't my favorite song, but there's just a certain feeling that comes over me whenever I hear it that takes me back several years to another place and time.

Everything I Do

Old 08-27-2008, 05:41 PM
theStudio Monet

Today was the day to do this challenge it was all right there ready to Pop on the page. he he he

Here it is Good From God
http://www.stoneaccentsstudio.com/ga...hp?photo=20773