Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > About theStudio

About theStudio Learn about our scrappy home on the web, ask a question or grab a blinkie!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:26 PM
theStudio Artist

Default DADs Moved to Store

Since we seem to have the site running smoothly again we have moved the Download A Day links back to the store. You will find them under SAS Gifts and each link will be active for 3 days. Thanks and Enjoy the party!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:32 PM
theStudio Monet

I appreciate all your hard work!

Old 09-05-2008, 03:27 AM
SAS-y Scrapper

Thanks for all the effort. Nice to know the slow speeds are just because of growth. Its at least a positive thing overall.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:26 AM
theStudio Scribbler

Default Having troubles here

I have made three attempts to load these links to no avail. Am I the only one who can't get them to load? After several hours of trying and thinking I have them, when I try to unzip them, the message says I need to archive them? O help......what have I done wrong?
Old 09-05-2008, 08:14 AM
SAS-y Gem

Thanks so much!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:07 AM
theStudio Monet

Thank You for the easy fast links! More time to play
Old 09-05-2008, 11:05 AM
theStudio Party Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylea View Post
I have made three attempts to load these links to no avail. Am I the only one who can't get them to load? After several hours of trying and thinking I have them, when I try to unzip them, the message says I need to archive them? O help......what have I done wrong?
hmmm.... I've never gotten a message like that before... what program are you using to unzip the files?

sorry I can't be of more help!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:07 AM
theStudio Party Girl

oh, thank you Julie for posting the links here! The downloads seem to be moving a lot faster today!
Old 09-05-2008, 01:40 PM
SAS-y Gem

I think I got them all, Thanks!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:44 PM
theStudio Monet

Thank you I really appreciate the new links.Love the daily download.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:47 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberkatt View Post
hmmm.... I've never gotten a message like that before... what program are you using to unzip the files?

sorry I can't be of more help!
Kimberly.....
WinZip......I have never had any issues with it before now. I do have dial-up, and it does however take me awhile but these files are more then small enough for me to have a successful download. But I have never had a message like this either. If it is not resolved, I suppose I shall not play. But I want to Thank You for your help.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:50 PM
theStudio Artist

Quote:
Kimberly.....
WinZip......I have never had any issues with it before now. I do have dial-up, and it does however take me awhile but these files are more then small enough for me to have a successful download. But I have never had a message like this either. If it is not resolved, I suppose I shall not play. But I want to Thank You for your help.
Try running disk cleanup and make sure that temp files is checked. That usually works for me! good luck.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:35 AM
SAS-y Scrapper

Default just wondering

just have to ask, cuz I know nothing about web traffic, but might not everyone posting trying to get to the big prize, also be a cause for slowing down?

Maybe could change that everyone who makes 50 or 100 or some number of posts gets entered into a drawing?

Since this is my first --- I have a real long way to catch up!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:48 PM
theStudio Warhol

Wonderful kit, it is getting nicer by the day. And they load so quickly, absolutely super!!!
Thanks for all your hard work, everyone who participates in any way!!!

Old 09-06-2008, 01:13 PM
theStudio Warhol

Default DAD Kit

thank you all for the awesome kit!!! I can't wait to get it all & make some beautiful layouts with it!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:28 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Quote:
Kimberly.....

That is so strange! I would definitely take Tess' advice and delete your temporary files! Most of the time that works! If not, give us a shout and I'm sure we can brainstorm and try to figure out what the problem is!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:

Sometimes, that happens to me when using Internet Explorer. Usually I can solve it by copying and pasting the link (or opening the page) in Mozilla Firefox, which, imho, is the best browser to download stuff. It should be OK there.
Also, Winzip is a good program to unzip files. I don't know which one you're using, but it can't be just that because you can't get the files to load, can you? Seems to me like a browser problem.
So, I'd try a different browser, preferably Mozilla, and Winzip.
Before you do, clean up your temporary internet files, delete the previous downloads of these files (if any), and don't forget to empty your recycle bin. We tend to forget that deleting something on the computer only places it somewhere else lol.
It might also be a good idea to download it to a different location this time: for example, if you did it before to My Documents, try Desktop now. Or the other way around.
If you still have problems, feel free to email me at [email protected] and I'll try to help you some more.
I hope it works out for you, this is a lovely download!
Hugs
Morgaine
Old 09-06-2008, 11:15 PM
theStudio Picasso

Smile

Thank you. Appreciate your efforts. You have a great site. Really enjoying week one of the competition. Awesome talent.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:16 AM
theStudio Artist

Default It seems to be working!

I am thrilled with how the speed has picked up, I think having the DADs on another server has made the difference. We have has 147 people just in the forum at one time and it did not slow down like this. I am still going to move the forum and gallery to ensure that the site stays speedy, we have grown enough and this will be a good step to give us growing room but at least I have a little breathing room in getting the move done.
BTW, someone mentioned that since this is their first post that they had a long way to go to catch up to win our Post the Most contest, that prize is worth over $200. The way the contest works it is the amount of posts durning the month not the total of all posts ever made,so this way everyone has a chance to win if you are a little bit chatty and helpful.

Owner - Stone Accents Studio

My Blog
Old 09-07-2008, 12:25 AM
theStudio Artist

thank you so much for making it so much easier to download the parts of this lovely kit

Mary Ellen
My Gallery