Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 03-06-2008, 04:54 PM
SAS-y Gem

I want to say Thanks again for this great idea. As I was working on an ATC for today's layout I realized that two of them would easily fit at the bottom of an 8 1/2" x 11" photo paper when I print my 8" x 8" layouts on my computer.

Your idea will do something productive with that lost waste space on the paper and give me two little ATCs to add to my genealogy family sheets and my index card name file.

Easy Printing
Old 03-06-2008, 09:42 PM
SAS-y Diamond

Another one Irish Blessing

Janalyn's Place Blog
Old 04-23-2008, 05:44 PM
theStudio Artist

Post Here're my entries

Here are a few ATCs. They are of my Mother's side of the family. Plan to give a set to each of my children. They are suchs fun and can practical too. What a winning combination!

http://www.stoneaccentsstudio.com/ga...ry.php?cat=657
Old 04-23-2008, 06:56 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default Need help printing ATC cards

I wanted to print just one ATC card . I tried using 4X6 photopaper. The card is half off the paper. I tried different settings.Same thing.It is not my printer which works fine for all else. Any suggestions??

Old 04-24-2008, 06:30 AM
SAS-y Pearl

On a sheet of 8.5 x 11 you can fit 9 atc's at 2.5" x 3.5". (I believe the setting is A4). As far as printing a 4x6 card, most people fit 2 ATC's onto the one space and print. I tend to use Target or Shutterfly because the prints are so inexpensive and they do all the formatting for me

Visit My Blog for freebies and fun!
Come shop in my SAS-y Boutique

Old 04-27-2008, 04:41 PM
theStudio Designer

Woo hoo these are fun, I just had to give it a go too!!
Here's my first attempt, the pic links to my TC in the gallery.
Thanks for looking!

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer~Creative Team and QC Liason

Old 06-01-2008, 07:53 AM
SAS-y Diamond

The ATC Challenge is returning soon folks, now being hosted by designer Rachel . I can't wait to (hopefully) play this time around. I've missed all of the others. ad:
Old 06-30-2008, 05:21 AM
SAS-y Pearl

Default ATC

I am addicted, I have been doing them for 2 years and love them. I often make them and laminate them and then give them as gift cards, often with the person themselves on the card. Here is one I did sometime ago.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:19 PM
SAS-y Gem

I'm pretty new to digiscrapping, so some basic things elude me. But I was instantly attracted to the ATC's. I thought I could make one of each of my grandkids!!! So, anyway, I downloaded the template, but how, exactly do I use that? I have the card assembled and it's the way I want it, but the corners aren't rounded like everyone else's, it's just a rectangular card the size of the ATC, but no round corners. thank you
Old 07-21-2008, 11:26 AM
SAS-y Diamond

Hi Karne,
It will depend on what program you use for scrapping but with PS CS2 and PS Elements 3.0 you can use the magic wand tool.

Starting from the very beginning: Open the template then add the background paper layer that you want for the ATC. With the template layer selected as the active layer, click on the template with the magic wand tool to select it. You may need to make adjustments so that it completely selects the whole template but it should work because the template is solid gray. So now click on your background paper layer to make it the active layer. If you were to press your Delete key now you would delete the selected background from the layer, leaving only those corners so instead you need to change the selection to anything outside of the selected outline by clicking Select > Inverse from the menu bar (or Shift+Ctrl +I) then press the Delete key and the corners will disappear.

Hope this was helpful. There may be a tutorial or a link to a tutorial in the Tutorials section of the forum too for other programs besides Photoshop.

Janalyn's Place Blog
Old 07-21-2008, 03:23 PM
SAS-y Gem

I'm using Photoshop CS2, so your directions worked perfectly. thank you. Now, if I could show my naivety even more... Do you build your card directly on that template? Or do you move it to a new page, or what? I kind of did both.

Once I get the hang of posting pics and uploading to the albums/gallery, i don't know which, i'll share what i've done. so much to learn....
Old 07-22-2008, 02:54 PM
SAS-y Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karne View Post
I'm using Photoshop CS2, so your directions worked perfectly. thank you. Now, if I could show my naivety even more... Do you build your card directly on that template? Or do you move it to a new page, or what? I kind of did both.

Once I get the hang of posting pics and uploading to the albums/gallery, i don't know which, i'll share what i've done. so much to learn....

If you choose to 'build' it on the original template you run the risk of having the template accidently getting saved as part of your new ATC. The safest thing to do would be to do a Save As ASAP

Please feel free to post questions in the Newbie Frequently Asked Questions Forum or please contact me via Private Message anytime.

Janalyn's Place Blog
Old 08-22-2008, 10:28 PM
theStudio Designer

I have seen these everywhere, and had no clue about them and felt silly to ask. Thank you so much Jan yours are gorgeous and so is everyone elses. I am gonna look into the links. I think I would love doing these.
Hugs
Cathy

Old 09-05-2008, 02:28 PM
theStudio Party Girl

I've been wanting to try my hand at these, they look so cool! thanks for all the information!
Old 09-15-2008, 09:28 AM
theStudio Artist

Those are so pretty!

Wife to one Amazing Man, Mom to 3 beautiful blessings.
My Scrap Blog | Alabama Moms

Old 09-16-2008, 09:02 AM
theStudio Party Girl

D'oh! I also wanted to thank Jan for the template! sorry I forgot to put it in my previous post!

I'm hoping to play around with it sometime this weekend.... after I do my Design challenge layout! :p