Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived General > Learning Center and Software Solutions > Newbie Frequently Asked Questions

Old 09-16-2008, 11:57 PM
SAS-y Opal

Default Can someone explain to me.....

What are Tagger kits for??? I know the obvious difference is they're much smaller in size and the image isn't as great for printing, but what are these all about? Does anyone here use them? Why would I want to use them? Is there any rhyme or reason as to why they began?

I know I am always a smart-a**, but this time I am really serious. I have tried to find out on my own by searching the net, and there is no "real" answer. I have been told they're just smaller in size and they don't print as well. So would someone use a tagger kit if they're just making online pages with no intention of printing for an album??

Thanks so much for any insight. I am trying to figure out if I should be downloading these types of kits/freebies.... just not sure if I have use for them. I am a scrapper who intends to preserve all of my layouts that are worthy of printing (and of course each layout I begin, that is my intention....however, we all know they don't ALWAYS turn out quite as planned).... so with that said, if my goal is to actually create albums, do i want to be using tagger kits?

Again, thanks so much.....

Truly yours,

Embarrassed to ask, but did anyway
Old 09-17-2008, 05:13 AM
theStudio Designer

Not actually sure but being that they are so much smaller around 400 ppi I think. and being called a tagger kit, I imagine you would use it to make decorated tags for paper scrapping. Like when you do a hybrid layout, using both conventional papers and elements and computer generated ones. I'm probably wrong but that's my impression and I wouldn't need to use them cause I tend to want to print my layout out and put them in albums so I want the 3600 ppi 12 x 12 high res versions. Guess you could always tile them across as your own paper but you definitely couldn't enlarge them they would just get all pixelated.

Anyone else have actual knowledge about this subject LOL.
Tracy

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer ~ QC Liason

Old 09-17-2008, 05:23 AM
SAS-y Opal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambowife View Post
Not actually sure but being that they are so much smaller around 400 ppi I think. and being called a tagger kit, I imagine you would use it to make decorated tags for paper scrapping. Like when you do a hybrid layout, using both conventional papers and elements and computer generated ones. I'm probably wrong but that's my impression and I wouldn't need to use them cause I tend to want to print my layout out and put them in albums so I want the 3600 ppi 12 x 12 high res versions. Guess you could always tile them across as your own paper but you definitely couldn't enlarge them they would just get all pixelated.

Anyone else have actual knowledge about this subject LOL.
Tracy

I thought the same thing as you did regarding making tags and such for paper scrapping, but i see QP's made and layouts etc. I am a traditional scrapper by trade, and I have made a few tags, and I don't think the resolution on the taggers kits would turn out very good at all. It's just weird because there are websites that sell only taggers kits. I just hoped someone could let me know what they're using them for. In fact, I read on one taggers blog, "Hey all you Scrappin' Taggers, here are some new items for you..." then I really got confused....that's when I was led to believe that maybe they're just making layouts on their pc, but not printing...? Some of these taggers kits are quite cute and there are many freebies, so I wondered if anyone would know why I would want to download them....

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:00 AM
SAS-y Diamond

Actually ladies, "Tagger" kits are for signature tag makers. Here is one that I made eons ago to give you an example.

They're little tags usually with the person's name on them that tagging group members make and share. It's also how I began my road to Designing, I had a tag group for almost 6 years on the net. They're fun little things to make. If you'd like to look at my BLOG, I have a slide show at the bottom of it with Mermaid tags (which I collect) that have been made for me by others over the years.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:19 AM
SAS-y Opal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanDesigns View Post
Actually ladies, "Tagger" kits are for signature tag makers. Here is one that I made eons ago to give you an example.

They're little tags usually with the person's name on them that tagging group members make and share. It's also how I began my road to Designing, I had a tag group for almost 6 years on the net. They're fun little things to make. If you'd like to look at my BLOG, I have a slide show at the bottom of it with Mermaid tags (which I collect) that have been made for me by others over the years.
Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much for the clarification. I just rec'd an email from a gal who had a tagger kit on her blog and I left a comment asking her and this was her very kind reply (as was yours):

"Hi there Thanks for your question and I have the answer for you. Those who make tags like to use scraps which are on a much smaller scale than those usually offered because their images are much smaller. Most tags are made sized 500 x 500. When using scraps intended for the normal market, those who want to make tags with them have to scale them right down to fit with the design they are creating which means the quality of the image can be lost and that's why lots of scrappers now make them tag size too. Tags aren't printed off, they are used for things such as tutorials, web design, incredimail stationery, blends, layouts etc. I don't make my kits for taggers I make them for everyone. The Think Pink kit is normal size (not tagger size). All the elements, apart from the ribbons and beads were made using scripts in Photoshop. I hope this answers your question. Before I got in to scrapping, I always wondered why the downloads were so huge lol. Regards Marie"

So, this case is closed!!! LOL!! ool:
Old 09-17-2008, 10:20 AM
SAS-y Opal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanDesigns View Post

OH, I forgot to say thank you for providing your blog for the slide show. Thank you!!!