Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself! New to theStudio? Or been here a while but you've been lurking? Stop here and introduce yourself! Tell us how you got started in digiscraping or what you love about digiscraping - just anything you'd like to say! We'd love to welcome you to our community! Make sure to start a new thread so you don't get lost in a thread that is already there!! ;>)

Old 09-25-2008, 11:17 PM
theStudio Scrapper

Default Hello

I don't know if I've introduced myself yet so I am going to do it now. Hi I'm Deborah and I go by Squeaky Scraps. I got the name Squeaky from my grandpa, my mom's dad. When I was first born he said I sounded like a squeaky mouse everytime I cried. He was the only one that has ever called me squeaky and had from the first week I was born until he died in 1989. I decided to name my blog in rememberence of him so Squeaky Scraps it is. I am new to scrapbooking and still learning. I just started in June or July and really haven't gotten that much accomplished. I have done some digital pages, surfed for freebies, searched out forums, learned how to start a blog, read tutorials, learned how to use 4 shared and a few other programs I never heard of before and just really trying to get the feel of everything and how it works. I have a lot of firsts in the past few months. Scrapping isn't that easy you know!! Not for me anyways!! lol

I am 44 years old and got into genealogy when I was 14 or 15 as a school project and have been addicted ever since. My mom has been bugging me bad about starting my book and getting it done. I was on ancestry.com and they had this new program ancestrypress.com which to me looked like scrapbooking so I decided that was how I wanted to do my Family Tree Book. I started surfing about scrapbooking having no idea that there was any such thing about digital scrapbooking and WoWzer!!! There's everything you can think of out there. But that 's how I got here. I believe this will be my favorite spot because most of you are also into genealogy. I'm usually timid and don't know what to say or write, but ya can't tell can ya!! I've done wrote a book so I'll shut up now!! lol
Old 09-26-2008, 12:40 PM
SAS-y Opal

Hi Deborah!!

So very nice to meet you! I enjoyed reading your post and I am so very glad you're here. I am new too. I joined a few months ago, but didn't start visiting each day until recently. It's a fabulous place to be! So much cool stuff. Their b-day bash has been so awesome!!!

Take care and see you around the forum!

Candice
Old 09-26-2008, 01:07 PM
SAS-y Gem

Welcome. I think you definitely found the right place. Nice to meet you.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:20 AM
theStudio Monet

Hello Squeaky!
Very cool that you are into genealogy! So nice to have you joining us here at SAS. You're gonna love it

Old 09-29-2008, 02:08 PM
theStudio Picasso

Hi Squeaky, welcome to SAS. You picked a great time to join us.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:35 AM
theStudio Picasso

Hello and welcome to SAS !
Old 10-01-2008, 10:37 AM
theStudio Artist

Hi Squeaky and Welcome!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:56 PM
theStudio Monet

Welcome, we're looking forward to getting to know you better!
Old 10-09-2008, 05:13 PM
theStudio Picasso

Welcome to SAS Squeaky! So glad you stopped to say hello. I'm sure you'll love it here, everyone does. Take part in the monthly challenges here and you'll be a scrapping wizard in no time at all, I'm sure. Everyone here is nice and friendly and someone will always have an answer to any questions you might have. Have fun and we'll see you around the forum.