Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Challenges and Contests > Archived Monthly Challenges > Gallery Spotlight Challenge

Gallery Spotlight Challenge Every month, designer Lynn of Designs by Moo, will choose a LO in one member's gallery to spotlight. Participants will create a LO based on the chosen LO and post their versions in The SAS-y Spotlight Challenge Gallery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2009, 12:31 PM

Default March Spotlight Challenge (New format!)

Welcome to the Gallery Spotlight Challenge for March!!! I'm Lynn aka designs by moo and I will be your hostess with this challenge We are going to spice it up a little bit and I hope that you will all enjoy the increased challenge of it

This month's challenge runs from March 1st - 31st, so there's plenty of time to participate. Newbies and seasoned scrappers are all welcome to join in the fun!

Instead of spotlighting a full folder.. we are now going to spotlight one layout for the month I am hoping you will all gain some sort of inspiration and new tricks from this idea And of course this particular layout.

This time around was a hard choice. I wanted to start it off right and I was looking at sooo many fabulous layouts. but I kept returning to this one. The way ema79 did this layout has just captured me. I could see so many different ideas form on the basis of what she did, I just had to use it. She has 2 different clusters that are breathtaking. The simplicity is striking, but hidden underneath that simplicity is deception. I think there is more than meets the eye on this, and in a very good way. I find myself staring at it trying to peel back the layers to see what exactly she did. Please be sure to give it a try. Here is a small thumbnail so you can make sure you are working on the right layout. It is linked to her name in the post but just to be sure

The idea of a "scraplift" is not to make an exact copy of someone else's layout, but to simply use it to gain inspiration from. It could be as simple as using the same color scheme, kit, or theme - or as detailed as matching the placement of all of the elements in the layout. The main thing to remember is to have fun with it! Take a moment to leave some comments while you're browsing her entry.

Please post your layouts in the Gallery Spotlight Challenge Gallery, and post your link back here so we can all leave you some love! Please remember to credit the original layout when you post your layout by placing a link to the layout that you scraplifted in your LO credits. Got questions? Please don't hesitate to ask!

Here's what you get just for participating! Fairy Garden Posting Bonus! The more challenges you do, the more MEGA the kit you end up with!!!

Have fun!!!! and enjoy!!

Lynn aka designs by moo

Last edited by janalyn; 03-03-2009 at 04:31 PM.