Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived General > Learning Center and Software Solutions > Newbie Frequently Asked Questions

Old 09-22-2008, 07:50 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default trouble putting an image in forum post

I go to the image & right click & go to properties.Then I outline the url & copy it.then I go to the forum to post & click on the insert image icon(one with mountain on it) & paste the url.It doesn't work. I just get a link-no image
What am I doing wrong?

Old 09-23-2008, 10:00 AM
theStudio Picasso

I'm not sure. That's not the way I've inserted images into posts. Maybe right click on the URL and choose select all before you copy. I know in other site I used to have to do that when I was editing the graphics because the URL was long and it was truncated in the properties.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:59 PM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joba2 View Post
I go to the image & right click & go to properties.Then I outline the url & copy it.then I go to the forum to post & click on the insert image icon(one with mountain on it) & paste the url.It doesn't work. I just get a link-no image
What am I doing wrong?
Are you erasing http:// in the box that comes up before you paste the link in? That could be stopping it from showing the image.

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer~Creative Team and QC Liason

Old 04-02-2009, 06:58 AM
theStudio Party Girl

If you want to post an image that is already online, right click on the image and choose "Copy Image Location", come to your forum post, click on "Insert Image" (icon that looks like the mountain), delete the http that is in the box, then paste your link and hit okay. This is how I do it!

If your image is on your computer, you have to upload to an image hosing site like Photobucket first, then repeat the steps above.

Hope this helps!