Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 04-22-2009, 07:51 PM
theStudio Artist

Default need help with some things

I am needing suggestions on how to work with grey, black and white as paper colors. I seem to have a hard time working with these so I usually try to avoid these colors. I really would like to make some boy kits so I need to get out of my box and learn to use these colors. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you very much!!

melanie
Old 04-22-2009, 09:00 PM
theStudio Owner

Take a paper you really like, desaturate and then play with your black & white sliders in "levels"... you can always add in hints of color once you basic paper is done w/brushes.

Uh, this is assuming you use photoshop of course.

HTH's,

~Toiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Designs by M View Post
I am needing suggestions on how to work with grey, black and white as paper colors. I seem to have a hard time working with these so I usually try to avoid these colors. I really would like to make some boy kits so I need to get out of my box and learn to use these colors. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you very much!!

melanie

my email
Old 04-24-2009, 10:22 PM
theStudio Artist

no, I don't use photoshop. I use GIMP, but I think the procedure would be the same. It is a lot like photoshop, though. I can try that. I am just trying to do some new things and some things I have always wanted to learn to do. Now I am off to put my brushes in GIMP so I can make some new papers!!
Old 04-25-2009, 04:22 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

do you have layer styles in gimp? you could add patterned and gradient overlays....etc.