Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 04-16-2009, 06:35 PM
theStudio Monet

Talking Make sure you read this post!

I really love all the ideas coming in here! I love the ideas of the members contributing to the nl's! I already ran an idea I had past Toiny this morning... she said a resounding YES!

Here it is... We have so many talented scrappers in our membership... The members can pm me and send me their tips and tricks. I will pick one tip or trick and add it to the newsletter each week. The author of the choosen tip or trick will receive a coupon for a kit of their choice free (maximum kit coupon $6.00).

If you would like to receive a free kit, start getting those ideas in today! I will announce this new article in next week's nl... but you can start submitting your ideas now!

Last edited by kimberkatt; 04-18-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:18 AM
theStudio Party Girl

Default Submit Your Tips & Tricks!!! Win A Kit!

I copied Karin's post into it's own thread, so that people would see it better!

Get those tips & tricks submitted ladies! I know you all have some, we have some of the best layout artists here, and readers want to know your secrets!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 09:37 PM
theStudio Artist

Ok, here's my favorite tip:

I never delete what would be considered bad or blurry photos. I use them as backdrops. I usually turn the photo to black and white, lower the opacity, and erase the edges with a soft edge eraser. You can almost never tell it was a bad picture. Here is the perfect example:

Father's Day 2008

That's the tip I use the most.

Doris
Old 04-29-2009, 09:48 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGuysMomma View Post
Ok, here's my favorite tip:

I never delete what would be considered bad or blurry photos. I use them as backdrops. I usually turn the photo to black and white, lower the opacity, and erase the edges with a soft edge eraser. You can almost never tell it was a bad picture. Here is the perfect example:

Father's Day 2008

That's the tip I use the most.

Doris
awesome idea Doris!
I can't think of any tips at the moment. I know one sorta..i like to play around with layer styles. i have tons of then saved. you can get so many different effects using them..so try to save your new styles that you make so you can change up your elements,etc for new effects.