Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 04-30-2009, 06:09 AM
theStudio Warhol

Default The Netherlands in shock, possible terrorist attack on Royals

Today, in the Netherlands, we traditionally celebrate the Queen's birthday. The entire royal family visits one or more towns or villages, and of course al kinds of festivities are organized. This year, there was to be a traditional defile at the palace, like our previous queen, Juliana, used to have, in honour of Juliana's birthday, 100 years ago.

On their way to the palace in an open-top coach, the royal family were witness to a black car crashing through the crowds and smashing into a monument only a few yards from the coach.....

Was it a terrorist attack, or just a freak accident? Nobody knows for sure, but the authorities assume it was intentional. The car appeared to aim directly for the coach. Fortunately, it missed, but it wounded 14 bystanders when it crashed through the crowds, and the latest news is that at least one of the victims has died.

All festivities have been cancelled.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:46 AM
theStudio Party Girl

Oh, how sad!

Sometimes I wonder about this world......
Old 04-30-2009, 07:36 AM
theStudio Owner

Oh no I hadn't heard! Horrible. I went & read about it & it was in Apeldoorn! That is the town I was born in and there are two dead. What is wrong with people.

~Toiny

my email
Old 04-30-2009, 09:27 AM
theStudio Warhol

In a press conference, the police stated that the attack was indeed intentional, the motive is as yet unclear, but there is no reason to assume it was a terrorist attack. Personally, I find this a silly comment, I guess what he means is that the man is of Dutch descent and his motive is not religeous or political, but of a more or less personal nature. But in my book, everyone who deliberatly launches an assault on innocent people commits an act of terrorism. Religion, politics or idealism is only an excuse and does not place the perpetrator in a different category.