Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 04-29-2009, 09:40 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

Default Looking for a laptop to use with Pscs2 and up!

Can any of you help me out. Dh is getting some xtra cash and he wants to buy me a laptop. he knows how stiff I get sitting at the computer with my Fibromyalgia. I can only spend $900...i was checking some out. I saw a gateway that lloks pretty good.. i know you need pretty much memory and ram to run photoshop. some of the hp look promising to. If any of you gals use a laptop i would love to know what you use and how well they work...thanks ..{{hugs to all}}
Carmen/littlespooky
Old 04-30-2009, 06:52 AM
theStudio Party Girl

I have a cheap laptop, it only cost about $500! It's a compaq, and runs on Vista! The problem I ran into with Vista is CS3 did not install properly, and I don't think it is compatible! Everytime I tried to install it on my laptop, it would take over the registry entries and all of my shortcuts on my desktop pointed to CS3 instead of the programs they were supposed to point too! I called the techy people and they said that it wasn't compatible with Vista if it was doing that!

I was only downloading the trial version to see if I liked it enough to buy... thank god I didn't spend the $$ on it to find out it wasn't compatible with my laptop!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:50 PM
theStudio Artist

I am afraid I am not much help with that! I have an Acer One. It is the tiny one that is only about 10 inches. It still runs XP. I love it because it is very easy to use and that it is so small and portable. It may not be good for you, though. You can get them for about $300. But, if you are looking for a bigger one, check out Office Depot. They have some good deals right now for under your price range.

made by littlespooky with Lilypond kit
Old 04-30-2009, 02:21 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

Carmen
I have an HP Pavillion 9540 that I have been using steady from the time I get up to the time I go to bed for the past two years and have never had any problems. It has two gigs of ram. I keep all my files on ED I have five of them. Love those too when I have to go to Maine it all goes real easy in one big, big case. I'm attempting to learn PSPX2, but I use mostly MSDigital Image Pro as I know somewhat of what I'm doing in there. I don't have any of that fancy Adobe stuff. Darn Budget always cramping my style. My sister in law had a Dell for a short time when it crashed on her. She now has an HP although I'm not sure which one she has.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:29 PM
theStudio CT

Thanks for asking this I am in the exact market right now too.