Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Challenges and Contests > theStudio Genealogy and Heritage Challenge

theStudio Genealogy and Heritage Challenge Our Heritage and Genealogy challenges. Please notice that as we have an area dedicated to Genealogy and Heritage our Challenges would be posted there, in their own Forum. You will find here only the links to the different challenges organised and they will redirect you there. Alternatively you can go the Genealogy and Heritage Area to find everything you need to know to participate in the Challenge. Thank you

Old 07-06-2009, 11:33 PM
theStudio Artist

Default July Challenge now posted!!

OK, I know I am a few days late, but it took me a few days to gete my posting bonus done!! First, here is a preview of my posting bonus. Since I am doing the heritage challenge, I thought it would be fitting to make a vintage looking kit. Most everything used here are things that I extracted, especially the frames and postcards!!

Now, for the challenge this month:

A LO with a picture from a cemetery. I know we al have them, especially those of us who are good at genealogy. It can be one picture or a group of pictures. But, it must contain the name of the person, birth and death dates, and why this person is important to you. I know there are a lot of people in my family that are important to me.

What to do:

Create a page using the above guidelines. Your kit must be one from the wonderful SAS designers. I am also going to allow the use of the kits from the designer program--there are some I have seen so far that are very good!! When you are finished with your page, please post it in the gallery and then a link to your page here on this thread.

What the winner will get:

Since it is hard to actually pick a winner from the best of the best pages, I put everyone's name in a hat and draw the winner from there. I feel that is the fairest way to do that. But, if you are the winner, you will receive a $5 gift certificate to the store!!

So, get those pictures out and get to scrapping. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with this month!! Good luck to everyone, and remember, even you are not the winner of this challenge this month, you are all winners in my book. Heritage is a hard subject to scrap and it takes talent to scrap those old photos!!

made by littlespooky with Lilypond kit
Old 07-07-2009, 04:18 AM
theStudio Picasso

Here is my layout for the July Challenge. I posted it in my own gallery as there is no link in the Heritage areas to post it yet. Thanks for looking.

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.c...5&limit=recent
Old 07-07-2009, 07:01 AM
theStudio Artist

You are quick!!! Great page and the kit goes very well with it. I will get that gallery opened up for you!

Old 07-07-2009, 02:59 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default My 3x's Great-Grandmother's Grave

This is such a coincidence that you chose for us to scrap a tombstone photo because I just did one last month for the ClutterIt Challenge!! Here is another one just done for this challenge.

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.c...05&ppuser=7316

BTW, thanks for continuing with the heritage challenge -- I love genealogy research as well as digital scrapbooking!!

Janis
Old 07-07-2009, 08:36 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

oooh Mel! love the PB. i was so excited when i read the challenge because i just took photos at the town cemetary the other day. but i didn't know any of them..maybe i can think of something.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:51 PM
theStudio Monet

Yay! I'm so glad you're doing this challenge I have so many old pictures and so little time to scrap. This will help motivate me I think. Be back soon...

Old 07-09-2009, 07:42 AM
theStudio Artist

thanks ladies!! I have always been interested in researching my family, I just really got started back doing it. I plan next week to take some pictures at the cemeteries where most of my family is buried. So, I should have a page to scrap this month, too.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:56 PM
theStudio Warhol

Here is my LO for the Heritage Challenge. Great challenge, it has me started on my Cemetery Album.

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.c...hp?photo=39347
Old 07-16-2009, 01:55 PM
theStudio Artist

very nice berny!! I took some pictures on Monday. I found a lot of my family. I tell you, though, driving through a cemetery and not having any idea of where they are can be quite time consuming!! I still didn't find everyone, though. I have to back another day for that when my mom can go and tell me where the missing ones are hiding!!

Old 07-17-2009, 07:35 AM
theStudio Artist

If you are doing a family type album, then I think the cemetery photos are just fine. I think scrapbooking is supposed to tell a story about whatever you want to be told. If it is one person, a family, or an event, then whatever you have for that subject would be fine! I think you did a wonderful job with this page and there are a lot of resources out there for you to use on the internet.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:18 PM
theStudio Monet

I am just baffled as to where my cemetery photos are? I've been looking forever? They've just disappeared off my hard drive. I'll see what else I can come up with.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:56 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

I could write a small book about them but...Here's my link

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.c...9551&nocache=1
Old 07-31-2009, 10:39 AM
theStudio Scribbler

Default Cemetary Challenge.

This is a great challenge idea and scrap topic - wish I'd discovered it earlier! The layouts submitted were beautiful and moving. Love reading the family histories.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:05 PM
theStudio Artist

Ooops! I got the challenge done at the last minute but can't upload to the gallery. Guess I'll have to try back later.

Candy
Old 08-01-2009, 11:12 AM
theStudio Artist

Here's my layout. I put it in my own album. I would not have thought to do a layout like this on my own. Thanks for the inspiration. Here is my layout:

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=39823

Candy