Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Challenges and Contests > theStudio Genealogy and Heritage Challenge

theStudio Genealogy and Heritage Challenge Our Heritage and Genealogy challenges. Please notice that as we have an area dedicated to Genealogy and Heritage our Challenges would be posted there, in their own Forum. You will find here only the links to the different challenges organised and they will redirect you there. Alternatively you can go the Genealogy and Heritage Area to find everything you need to know to participate in the Challenge. Thank you

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2009, 11:33 PM
theStudio Artist

Default July Challenge now posted!!

OK, I know I am a few days late, but it took me a few days to gete my posting bonus done!! First, here is a preview of my posting bonus. Since I am doing the heritage challenge, I thought it would be fitting to make a vintage looking kit. Most everything used here are things that I extracted, especially the frames and postcards!!

Now, for the challenge this month:

A LO with a picture from a cemetery. I know we al have them, especially those of us who are good at genealogy. It can be one picture or a group of pictures. But, it must contain the name of the person, birth and death dates, and why this person is important to you. I know there are a lot of people in my family that are important to me.

What to do:

Create a page using the above guidelines. Your kit must be one from the wonderful SAS designers. I am also going to allow the use of the kits from the designer program--there are some I have seen so far that are very good!! When you are finished with your page, please post it in the gallery and then a link to your page here on this thread.

What the winner will get:

Since it is hard to actually pick a winner from the best of the best pages, I put everyone's name in a hat and draw the winner from there. I feel that is the fairest way to do that. But, if you are the winner, you will receive a $5 gift certificate to the store!!

So, get those pictures out and get to scrapping. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with this month!! Good luck to everyone, and remember, even you are not the winner of this challenge this month, you are all winners in my book. Heritage is a hard subject to scrap and it takes talent to scrap those old photos!!

made by littlespooky with Lilypond kit