Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > Archived Events 2009 > THANKS GIVING BASH

THANKS GIVING BASH Thanks Giving Games and Challenges from our SAS Team Members Carmen of LightningBug Creations and Kimberkatt

Old 11-16-2009, 08:21 PM
theStudio Designer

I am loving this thread, so glad I started it LOL
Jeanette, there are people in our street with decorations and lights on their house already OMG, it's way too early for me, I don't do it till at least we are into December. and some years I don't do it at all. If hubby is working and we aren't having anybody here I don't put up all the decorations just the tree and that's it. Oh and any cards I happen to receive LOL.
Which reminds me, are we doing that this year?? Sending eachother cards, you know like last year, or not??
Tracy

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer ~ QC Liason

Old 11-16-2009, 08:25 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

real cards or digital cards? I was terrible last year and didn't send out any cards..just gave them to family and neighbors that i saw. I did make tons of cookies. that is one of my all time favorite christmas traditions.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:36 PM
theStudio Monet

Okay well I was told I did not need to make my Cranberry Salad this year but Please bring the Candied Yams. Then my Grandson informed his Dad his Favorite part of Thanksgiving Dinner is Grandma Peggy's (yeppers that me) Cranberry Salad!! So guess what now I bring the Candied Yams and Cranberry Salad!! LOL. This Cranberry salad has been a Tradition in my Family since I was a little girl!! It is not Thanksgiving or Christmas without it. I can take or leave all the rest except the pumpkin pie and candied yams. Hmm very nutritious dinner for me huh! Cranberry Salad, Candied Yams and Pumpkin Pie with lots of real whipped cream drowning it and a cup of Hot Coffee with cream and sugar!! They say angels love sugar so I guess I must be part angel!! LOL

My Blog

Old 11-16-2009, 10:35 PM
the Studio - Designer

Oh you ladies are making me way too hungry now, I've just been looking up recipes for Christmas lunch!!!! LOL
Old 11-16-2009, 11:13 PM
theStudio Designer

I will be working, but I did buy a ham to cook before I head out to dinner. May invite the sissy in law and nieces over for dinner before I do my midnight. :-)

Old 11-17-2009, 03:19 AM
the Studio - Designer

My mum always used to work on those Special Days too .... she worked at the hospital so would take the roast and everything with her and use their big ovens to cook the roast while she worked the floors and bring it home all done ..... lol never gave it much thought when I was little but ... wow!!
Old 11-17-2009, 09:38 PM
theStudio Monet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambowife Designs View Post
Which reminds me, are we doing that this year?? Sending eachother cards, you know like last year, or not??
Tracy
Oh I love sending and receiving Christmas cards! In my family, my mom always puts the cards she gets on the inside of their front door. So I've started doing that, too. And the kids love getting them in the mail and taping them up each day. Means I have to send a bunch... but that's okay

Old 11-17-2009, 09:41 PM
theStudio Warhol

My family aren't all able to be together at Thanksgiving but we are all together for Christmas. Thanksgiving we have the Stuffed Turkey, Cranberry & celery Stuffing, Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Cheesecake, mashed potatoes and grayy and candied yams(yams come from our garden) green beans and Waldorf salad.

While I was teaching I always dressed up for our Thanksgiving at School. I would dress as a Pilgrim Lady (Prudance) or as an Indian Lady( Red Byrd). The children always loved this. And it was something they always remembered.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:01 PM
the Studio - Designer

Oh do you have photos of yourself dressed up Berny??? I would love to see them
Old 11-18-2009, 04:03 PM
theStudio Artist

Oh just reading this thread brings in the warm and wonderful memories of Thanksgiving. My has changed since I was a little girl. We always went to grandma's house and everyone was there. At least 20 people or more. Now I sometimes have it at my house or my in laws. My mom has a tiny apartment so there is no room there. I too put up my christmas decorations the friday after and keep them up till the day after christmas.

Now this time is made even more hectic in the fact that my sons' birthday is November 25th and hers is December 5th. I do a big party for them and this year it is November 28th. So my christmas decorations will have to wait till the week after or Sunday if I'm motivated. This year is my daughter's first year of kindergarten and the nut that i am invited her whole class. All 20 of them! Gosh I'm in for it now! Now I normally do lunch for the family followed by their presents and cake and icecream . This year I'm mixing it up. Her party with friends from 1 to 3 and then his starts at 3. So two cakes but at two different times. Then I'll do dinner for the whole family. OH I'm a glutten for punishment, but I lvoe it.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:28 AM
the Studio - Designer

WOW!!!!! You are going to be one VERY BUSY lady this year ... I'm sure it will be a wonderful time, can't wait to see some photos of those parties too
Old 11-19-2009, 10:50 AM
theStudio Artist

Oh yes I will be. The things we do! Well at least the rest of the year should be easy, RIght? In addition to all of that, i've got a birthday party this saturdy for one of our friends. The 5th we are going to Candy Lane at HersheyPark. The following Saturday I'm taking the kids to teh nutcraker ballet. Another day just not set yet, will be a Christmas Party for my Hubby's family. There are 7 soon to be 8 kids under 6 there. Another friend has a coupon for roller skating that has to be used by the 14th so we will do that an afternoon with them. So if you don't see me too much prior to January, you'll know why. I'm busy, busy, busy!!!!

My News Years resolution????? To be not busy!

Old 11-19-2009, 04:22 PM
theStudio Warhol

Smile

We have the whole family (my parents, my dh's parents, Aunt, cousin and her 3 kids, his other cousin and his girlfriend, his sister, her husband and two kids) all over to our house for a traditional dinner. Traditional to us means turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, peas, rolls and cranberry sauce. My dh's family is extremely picky, so no gourmet foods at our feast! After dinner, we have a BINGO game and scratch tickets as prizes. Then we have desert ~ pumpkin, apple, pecan pies and an ice cream cake.
After talking for a while, everyone leaves except my parents, who stay with us (they come up from NY ~ we're in ME). Even though it's nice to relax after all of the craziness, it's sad to see everyone go.
OMG! I just realized that we have 19 people at our house! No wonder we don't need to run the wood pellet stove that day
Old 11-19-2009, 06:10 PM
the Studio - Designer

Oh I'll bet it's toasty and warm inside on that day, lol Thanks so much for sharing with us