Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 11-21-2009, 12:16 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Default What's your Christmas Wish?

Hi ladies! I was just thinking about what to put on my wishlist for christmas and was wondering what all of you are wishing for this Christmas?!

I'm wishing for some new clothes, I really, really need them! lol I'm also wishing for another EHD and a USB flash drive so I can take my layouts to Mom's and put them on her computer for her to enjoy and print whenever she wants! Mom lives an hour away and isn't computer savvy, so this will be loads easier on her!

What are you wishing for this Christmas?
Old 11-21-2009, 07:02 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

I'd like to wish for a new laptop but since there's been no Santa in my life for the last 20 years guess I'll just keep wishing till I can get one for myself.

Kim I'll be her Santa, I have 3 or 4 - 2 gig flash drives not in use if you'd like one. Just pm me.

Last edited by Jean Ann; 11-21-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:39 AM
theStudio Designer

Oh wow Jean Ann where's your santa suit girl?? How lovely of you hun

I am definitely wishing for a desktop computer, my laptop is dangerously on the brink I think but we'll have to see what My man in the red suit comes up with. But I am also hoping that my son manages to visit during the holidays sometime.

I have no idea what he is wishing for, whenever he wants something he get it for himself before letting me know he wants it. urgh!! LOL

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer ~ QC Liason

Old 11-23-2009, 01:56 AM
the Studio - Designer

Jean Ann you are just so sweet hun lovely

Tracy they get so hard to buy for once they are older don't they .... for Christmas I want to be able to give my children a lovely day, I never really ask for much other than a wonderful family time and 'not-to-have-to cook on Boxing day, lol' .... Once they are all grown I'll start asking again .... hmmmmmmmmmmm I usually like to get something small to open though but I have no idea what that would be right now, I'll keep thinking
Old 11-23-2009, 12:48 PM
theStudio Warhol

I just wish that my family members are all Well and can come for Christmas. I always fix Christmas dinner. We have 17 that come, our 2 "kids" and spouses, 3 grand children and spouses and 7 greatgrand children, and hubby and me. I've got most of my shopping complete, just need some Stocking Stuffers. My youngest daughter and spouse live in Alabama so they won't be here, but we use the Speaker phone and everyone Visits.

My family knows I'm a Scrapoholic so they 'gift' me accordingly. LOL.
My prayers are that they aren't sick and can come.
I have a suppressed Immune system and can't be around anyone who is sick.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:00 PM
theStudio Designer

Oh Berny crossing my fingers and praying they are all well enough to give you a wonderful day hun. I Hope you get lots of lovely Scrappy presents Berny. And how lovely for you all to talk on the speaker phone on christmas day.

Jeanette, yes they definitely get harder as they get older. And now that christopher is starting to surprise me by getting me presents I never thought he would consider I now get introuble if I buy anything without consulting him first just in case he is planning the same thing as a present. That happened with the slr camera. I bought one and he got me one too LOL. I still don't know if he ever got his money back or decided to keep it or regift it to his girlfriends rofl!! It's hard to ask for things too when you are used to being SANTA for everyone. Oh but I am getting a hint from Hubby. He mentioned that maybe Mac was the way to go next time, but I can't get a Mac because my photoshop is for Microsoft, but it's exciting that he is talking about it. Fingers crossed LOL.

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 11-24-2009, 08:03 AM
theStudio Party Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Ann View Post
Kim I'll be her Santa, I have 3 or 4 - 2 gig flash drives not in use if you'd like one. Just pm me.

OMGoodness, Jean Ann, you are such a sweetheart! I completely appreciate the gesture and love you for it! {mwah}

However, hubby surprised me just yesterday with a flash drive! They got a bunch of them for his work from some company, so now I have one and he has one! Yay! Which really doesn't make any sense because he's in the auto parts business, but whatever.... stranger things have happened, I suppose! LOL!

Thank you so, so much for offering though, you are an angel!! Now, do you have a million dollars you can send me?!!!! hahahahaha.....
Old 11-24-2009, 08:27 AM
theStudio Party Girl

Berny, here's to hoping no illness for anyone so you can all enjoy your day together!!! That is so nice that you use the phone to communicate all together for Christmas!

I always wish for my family to be all together for the holidays, but it never seems to work out that way! My brother lives about 3 1/2 hours away from us, and his drive down with the family depends on the weather - last year they couldn't make it because of an ice storm, so I didn't get to see them until the following week!

Usually we head to my parents house on Christmas Eve and celebrate with my family with a big Turkey & Ham dinner and unwrapping gifts... We go to my Aunt's house for dinner and just the basic hanging out... my Aunt is like my 2nd Mom and her house was always my 2nd home! The 3 girls (my cousins) are there, and Tara's hubby & two little girls, so it makes for quite a housefull! But everyone loves to watch the 4 little ones open their presents!

Christmas Day is spent with hubby's family... we have early Christmas morning @ home, now that we have kids, so they can open their presents from Santa and then we head next door to Great Gram & Gramp's house for more present opening! And when I say more.... I mean EVERYTHING!!! They have a tradition in his family that everyone brings all of the gifts to Gram's house on Christmas morning and we all sit around opening gifts from everyone! It's pure chaos, with wrapping paper flying through the air, piles of gifts everywhere and just a general feeling of excitement & fervor! LOL! I love it! It's the closest feeling to being a child at Christmas as we can get! Once the chaos is over, we take all of our gifts home and wait for Gram's Prime Rib dinner! mmmm-mmmm! This woman is like a gourmet cook, so it is absolutely delicious!!! I always tell her she should have her own cooking show on TV, she puts Paula Dean & Rachael Ray to shame! LOL!

And that's pretty much it... after we stuff ourselves at dinner, we sit around watching A Christmas Story (you'll shoot your eye out!) Gotta love that movie! lol
Old 11-27-2009, 02:39 AM
theStudio Designer

Oh your christmas sounds so wonderful Kimberley, my Dad was in the forces so we rarely had a big family christmas when I was a kid. I am so jealous LOL.

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 11-27-2009, 07:20 AM
theStudio Rembrandt

Oh Kim, I wish I had a million dollars but I woudn't give it all to you I'd have to spread it out with others.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:17 AM
theStudio Party Girl

LOL Jean Ann!

Tracy, when I was a kid and my Grandmother was still alive, all of us would go to my Gramma's house - now, picture it: My Grandmother had 10 kids, all of whom are married and have anywhere from 2-6 kids each - THAT was a houseful!! LOL! They used to have a grab bag type of thing each year because nobody could buy presents for ALL of the kids, there were just too many of us! So, all of our names were put into a hat and everyone drew names and that's who you bought presents for that year! Of course, Gramma & Pa bought presents for all of us, but it was usually something really small - I'm not kidding when I tell you that I have about 40+ cousins!! And, now that they are all having kids too, I can't even count all of my 2nd cousins!!! LOL! We're one fertile family over here!
Old 11-27-2009, 01:01 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

I can relate to all the cousins - on my Dad's side (he was one of 12) there are 58 first cousins. That was a crew in the summer when it was haying time.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:25 AM
the Studio - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberkatt View Post
LOL Jean Ann!

Tracy, when I was a kid and my Grandmother was still alive, all of us would go to my Gramma's house - now, picture it: My Grandmother had 10 kids, all of whom are married and have anywhere from 2-6 kids each - THAT was a houseful!! LOL! They used to have a grab bag type of thing each year because nobody could buy presents for ALL of the kids, there were just too many of us! So, all of our names were put into a hat and everyone drew names and that's who you bought presents for that year! Of course, Gramma & Pa bought presents for all of us, but it was usually something really small - I'm not kidding when I tell you that I have about 40+ cousins!! And, now that they are all having kids too, I can't even count all of my 2nd cousins!!! LOL! We're one fertile family over here!
Oh I'm right here with you Kimberly, my hubby is one of 10 kids who also have all married and have between 2-6 kids each, lol (uncanny hey) ..... to be together at any one time is total insanity ... honestly, but it all works and it all works extremely well in fact there are rarely any arguments???? I've lost count at the amount of cousins but I know there are now great-grandkids in the double figures!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:49 AM
theStudio Party Girl

oh wow! so you know exactly what I'm talking about! LOL!

It is pure chaos when we all get together, especially now that we're all having kids... Unfortunately for us, my grandparents passed when I was just 10-11 years old - but I know my Gramma would have LOVED and ADORED the kids now!! She was such a sweet woman, always had a smile on her face!

Yes, it is uncanny how you can get THAT MANY people together for a family function without any drama!! But, we all get along very well and most of us are still very close! Matter of fact, my parents bought a duplex (house) last year just so My Aunt & Uncle could move with them! They live downstairs and my parents live upstairs! My Mom & her sister are inseparable most times!

I love my Big Giant Family!! LOL!
Old 12-07-2009, 01:24 PM
the Studio - Designer

So we put our Christmas Tree up just over a day ago and Jnr is totally in love with it, as soon as he sees it he says 'I love that Christmas Tree Mum!' it's so cute, he's three going on four and almost understands about Christmas now, though he doesn't like the waiting part, lol (who does)
Old 12-08-2009, 05:00 AM
theStudio Designer

Wow you all have such big families, my family had mum and dad and me and my brother, 4 so not much LOL. Mum was one of 7 and dad was one of 6 so they weren't as big as you gals clans either. Hubby is one of two children too so no big group there either. It does save on gifts I guess, but I'd love a big family christmas with lots of traditions.
Maybe that's why I always struggle to get in the christmas spirit too, once my son was grown and moved away. I'm sounding very bah humbug here LOL sorry!

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 12-08-2009, 07:12 AM
theStudio Moderator

My dad was one of 6 and my mom one of 8, but they settled far away from their families, so our Christmases were always just us - 2 parents, 3 daughters.

Now that we're older and have kids of our own, mostly all grown, it feels a lot more like a big family Christmas hubbub. This year we're actually having to split it a bit though - my DH didn't have enough seniority to get any days off at Christmas, so my family agreed to celebrate early (as we frequently had to do when dad was working emergency room shifts). So dad gets all his kids and grandkids by blood on the 22nd, and his wife's brothers and their families on the 24th. Then we celebrate with DH's family a few days after Christmas.

Right now my biggest wish for Christmas (in the realistic field) is finding a source for 12x12 frames cheaply so that I can give people layouts for Christmas. The rest are all out of the ballpark, things like DSLRs, lots of money and world peace
Old 12-08-2009, 04:22 PM
theStudio Designer

Well I already know what Hubby is getting me LOL. He usually can't think of anything but this year he has got me a Navman so I can find my way around LOL. So not the new desktop I was dreaming of but a great (useful) pressie!! I still don't know what he wants though, urgh!

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 12-08-2009, 05:51 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi View Post
Right now my biggest wish for Christmas (in the realistic field) is finding a source for 12x12 frames cheaply so that I can give people layouts for Christmas. The rest are all out of the ballpark, things like DSLRs, lots of money and world peace
LOL @ the lots of $$ & world peace! I always put lots of $$ at the top of my list, but, sadly, I never get it! I'd love a DSLR, but I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to use it

I haven't priced 12X12 frames, I usually give 8X8 hardcover photo books... it's sad, I've never printed my layouts full size...
Old 12-08-2009, 06:03 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Oh... I'm sooooo excited!!! We just ordered the boy his very first REAL drum set!! He'll be 5 in January, so perfect age to have his own! He's been playing daddy's drums for a few years now!

I can't wait to see his face when he see's them all set up in the middle of the living room - gotta have the video camera ready for that one!! lol

Jeanette - this is the first year my little one's are really catching on to the whole Christmas thing, too - my son said something very similar after we finished decorating the tree a few days ago.. I just love to relive the excitement of Christmas through them!

I was telling them the story of Baby Jesus and God & the whole she-bang and my son was very interested and kept asking ??, the girl not so much, but she is 15 months younger than him, so I just don't think she's there yet.. anyway, after I get done telling the story and answering the ?? my son say's to me

"So, Mommy... God is the REAL Santa then, right?"

I just about lost it.... kids are something sometimes!