Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 02-16-2010, 08:29 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Blog critique

Greetings fellow Studio scrappers!
I'm focusing on getting my blog a little more functional and was hoping for some thoughts on the design. I still have lots of work to do (such as giving credit in my exmamples), but I made some decent progress today. Hopefully soon I can offer some templates for download.

Anyway, if you have a chance please take a look at Magical Memory Blog and let me know what you think. Constructive criticism is always appreciated!

Thanks in advance for looking and giving feedback.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-16-2010, 09:08 PM
theStudio Picasso

Had to check it out as I need motiviation to work on mine LOL!!! I totally love your banner-it's really cute but does look a little bare on either side. I would continue with the same style and bling it up a bit. Looks like you're off to a super start!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:24 PM
theStudio Artist

Thanks, Desiree for checking it out. Yup, I know it's bare, but it's there! I've not yet figured out what to do as far as as side bars and background goes. I don't want it too busy, but SOMETHING would be good! Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-16-2010, 09:42 PM
the Studio - Designer

Wow what a great start you've made to your blog Cindy, I think it looks great and to be honest I wouldn't be adding too much decoration, it's much easier for people to open your blog when it's not overdone I know myself if a blog takes too long to upload I usually move on ... hmmmmmmmm I must overhaul my blog again too
Old 02-16-2010, 10:03 PM
theStudio Artist

Thanks for looking, Jeanette! The speeds of site loading is something to consider, thank you for bring it up. I'm also concerend about any background busy-ness going on which might take the focus away from the designs. White is too bright, black is too dark so there needs to be a little something to jazz it up, but keep it simple at the same time.

Thanks again.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-16-2010, 10:12 PM
theStudio Designer

Great Start Cindy, I agree that keeping it simple keeps the focus on the pages etc that you are wanting to show off. Maybe a soft chipboard color for the background, something soft and not too busy which is what it sounds like you are looking for

Good luck with it all hun

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer~Creative Team and QC Liason

Old 02-16-2010, 10:17 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

Great Start Cindy! maybe lust a little color in the background looks great!!! I have to go work on my kits blog i haven't posted anything there since the christmas carol bloghop! lol