Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Genealogy and Heritage Center > Monthly Heritage Challenges > Heritage Layout of the Month Contest

Heritage Layout of the Month Contest You can post the layouts for any challenge in the Heritage Challenge gallery. Thank you.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:31 PM
theStudio Warhol

Default October Heritage Challenge is posted!

Here we go with a great new Heritage challenge for you all for the month of October, with a twist!

We all know where we grew up. What about our parents? Do we know what state they grew up in? Let's create a layout with a State in mind. Using a photo of your mom and/or dad as a child, create a layout that somehow depicts what life was like when they were young and where they grew up. You'll need to use...

1) A SAS designers product, either purchased or a freebie

2) You will need to incorporate at least one element in your layout that connects to that state be it a state flag, flower, tree, map or anything else you can think of that relates to it.

3) If it happens that they moved around, choose the state that they lived in when the photo you are using was taken.

4) Use your journaling to compose a little about your parent from what you know of that time in their lives.

This challenge will run from Friday October 12 through Wednesday October 31and all layouts should be posted in the Heritage Challenge Gallery by midnight that night. The winner will be the layout with the most comments and your prize will be a gift certificate to the SAS store!

Be sure to come back here to this thread and post a link to your Heritage challenge layout so we can all oooh and ahhh over your amazing creativity!

Old 10-13-2007, 08:31 PM
SAS-y Gem

Smile

http://www.stoneaccentsstudio.com/ga...10&ppuser=1045

Here's one I did. Thanks
Old 10-14-2007, 08:49 PM
theStudio Warhol

Never let it be said that I posted a challenge and didn't contribute my own page, lol! Here is my layout for the October Heritage Challenge. TFL

Old 10-16-2007, 11:58 PM
theStudio Picasso

Here's mine
http://www.stoneaccentsstudio.com/ga...t&limit=recent

Layout has flag and map.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:26 AM
theStudio Warhol

Great job everyone! Only a few more days left to get your layouts posted for the challenge!

Old 11-01-2007, 02:54 PM
theStudio Warhol

This challenge is officially closed. I would like to give a few more days for anyone to post comments on layouts and then on November 3rd, I will announce the winner. I also wanted to say thank you to everyone who contributed a layout and you all did a fabulous job with the challenge this month!!

Tags
None