Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Hybrid Classes > Hybrid 101

Hybrid 101 Introduction to Hybrid led by Angel Hartline Designs.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:01 PM
theStudio Admin Team Member

Default Re: Hybrid 101: Sharing the Love | Day 9: Embellish & Ask Q's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joba2 View Post
I hate to sound ungrateful but I have been waiting now for several days for the last lesson. I am beginning to worry something bad has happened to our host
Hi Joanne, I am FINALLY done (just finished) with the barrage of work that was piled on top of me this week therefore taking over my whole schedule. It's the down side to being a freelancer...sometimes there's nothing then all of sudden everyone needs something at exactly the same time. I've been living & breathing work for days (I just went to bed this morning at 5am). But when you've been working on a big project for months and something comes up you really have no choice but to dig in and get it done.
I'm catching up on forum posts now and I'll be posting the last lesson in the next couple of hours. My most SINCERE apologies for keeping everyone waiting, but like everyone I have bills to pay and work has to come first.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:03 PM
theStudio Picasso

Glad to hear you are ok!! I was beginning to worry that something happened to you like a car accident. No need to apologize. As long as we know you are ok I can wait. Take care of yourself! Sounds like you have been working very very hard. We'll be here when you are rested & ready. I love this project & am grateful to you for hosting these lessons.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:26 PM

Thanks so much for your understanding, hun!!! I so appreciate it. Yes, it's been an incredibly long week and I think I need some scrapping therapy this weekend LOL!

I just posted the last lesson and I am SO EXCITED to take a look at everyone's books. I am SO GLAD you like the project!!! I love creating little treasures like this and we'll definitely have more group projects and classes. I already have ideas brewing in my little head...
Old 09-02-2010, 11:47 PM
theStudio Picasso

Oh I can hardly wait. I have not done hybrid projects but i really enjoy having something to show for my work that I can give as gifts etc.!!

Old 09-03-2010, 03:29 AM
theStudio Warhol

I'm glad you're ok, too! I was worried about you as well, especially as you had been so punctual with the other lessons - but Joanne is braver than me! (nobody wants to make you feel bad - as if you didn't already!)
As a pastor's wife, this is a difficult time for me. We just lost a boy to leukemia; he had been battling for two years. We thank God for the comfort He is giving the family and our church during this difficult time.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allergy_mom View Post
I'm glad you're ok, too! I was worried about you as well, especially as you had been so punctual with the other lessons - but Joanne is braver than me! (nobody wants to make you feel bad - as if you didn't already!)
As a pastor's wife, this is a difficult time for me. We just lost a boy to leukemia; he had been battling for two years. We thank God for the comfort He is giving the family and our church during this difficult time.
You're so right - I do feel bad LOL - nature of the beast I guess. Thanks for everyone's concern, too. You guys are so sweet!

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Kelly! I know how devastating these things are as I lost a dear uncle a few years ago to cancer after a two year battle. I can't even imagine losing a child that way. My prayers are with you and your congregation!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:21 PM
theStudio Warhol

Thank you for your prayers. He was 13, and died the same day his brother, also deaf, turned 12. They were best friends. We just returned from his wake, and I'm peeking in here while my funeral leaflet renders, or something...?
The funeral is tomorrow, so I'll be pretty busy. Sunday is usually my busy day, but it'll be a day of rest for sure, this week.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:36 PM
theStudio Picasso

Allery mom you will be in my thoughts & prayers tomorrow

Old 09-04-2010, 04:48 PM
theStudio Warhol

The funeral today was lovely, thank you so much. I managed to keep from crying until after I finished my parts of the service, thankfully! I was just so thankful to be able to hold my son tight.

I will try to take a pic of my book so you can see the binding tomorrow, and then cover my binding and take pics completed, as well. Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement!

(just looked back to proofread before posting, and realized this is a pretty thankful post, lol! PTL!)
Old 09-05-2010, 11:03 AM
theStudio Warhol

Ok, I got it (mostly) finished - I may add some decoration to the binding, but I've been itching to show you my finished product, and things get busy for me again tomorrow, so I figured I'd better get the pics taken and uploaded while I can!
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...=aaww&cat=1145
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-book&cat=1145
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...nding&cat=1145

The pages were printed on light cardstock, and the front and back covers were strengthened by a double layer of cerealbox cardboard. I used a lot of doublestick tape, and did the bulk of my trimming with a papercutter and a craft knife. I did not trim off the edge to be bound, but rather glued it with tacky craft glue, so it will (hopefully) stand up to use by a child. It did turn out quite sturdy.
I made a lot of mistakes in printing and cutting, since I had to resize the template to A4 paper, and did not realize this before I started my project! But I really don't think it's a problem now that it's all together, and I decided my 2-year old won't mind, and it probably won't last until he's old enough to be that observant, anyway, lol!

I will print this out again as gifts; It will be easier now that I've done it once. And while I chose items I know my own baby likes right now, they should be fairly easily identifiable for any child. So all I will need to customize is the name on the title page! Also, I enjoyed getting ideas form the other ladies, which I may use in the future...

Thank you so much for this introduction to Hybrid - I have thoroughly enjoyed it, and will do it again!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:53 PM

Kelly your project is so wonderful!!! I really enjoyed just ooooing over it in the gallery and I can only imagine your little one will just cherish it so much.

I'm so glad you didn't fret over your little mistakes. That's what hand crafting is all about and all nearly all projects have little things like that you learn from and think you could've done better in retrospect. At least mine do LOL! It's part of the charm and just shows you made it yourself.