Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Hybrid Classes > Hybrid 101

Hybrid 101 Introduction to Hybrid led by Angel Hartline Designs.

View Poll Results: What program do you use for digital/hybrid scrapbooking?
Adobe Photoshop 12 30.77%
Adobe Photoshop Elements 18 46.15%
Digital Image Pro 2 5.13%
Memory Mixer 0 0%
Paint Shop Pro 4 10.26%
Other (please reply with specifics) 4 10.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2010, 10:35 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: Hybrid 101 | Aug 21-30 | Program Poll

I'm a Creative Memories Consultant (company that has home based parties to sell traditional scrapbooking products like albums,paper,tools,adhesive and now digital scrapbooking programs and digital kits) in the US, so when Creative Memories came out with a digital scrapbooking program I bought it to learn how to scrapbook digitally. I was never interested in "designing",because I live with constant chronic pain which makes my day to day life unpredictable and there fore unable to support the energy, focus , time, and demands of a digital designer. This is another reason I chose to use Creative Memories' digital scrapbooking program called Storybook Creator Plus 3+ version. This program is very basic and uses the most basic/universal file form.. the png file. It was simple enough that I figured out how to make a basic page within the first 15 mins after opening the program without reading any instructions. I needed a program that I could use right away,instead of having to teach myself through hours of tutorials like the top 2 other programs. Because sitting for long periods aggrevates the multiple spinal injuries that cause the chronic pain, I have to limit my time using the computer . I would rather spend my time scrapping instead of learning how to use a program. I am still learning all of the tricks and ins and out of the program slowly here and there. This program doesn't do everything that PSE does, but my layouts turn out well and that's the whole point I suppose.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:32 PM
theStudio Scrapper

Okay, it's me. The lonely one who uses Digital Image Pro. LOL! Thank you so much for hosting this class. You have awesome instructions, which will really help if I ever switch to Photoshop or Elements.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:42 PM
theStudio Artist

Hey Netsky, you are NOT alone!! I have been a DIPpy girl since version 3. Even though they discontinued it years ago, I refuse to give up my DIP.

Microsoft DID promise us a new improved program, but it is a good thing we are not holding our breath!!

Old 09-02-2010, 07:02 PM
theStudio Admin Team Member

Thank you guys for the program feedback! I've already made several notes for upcoming classes to accommodate as many people/programs as possible!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:21 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

Angel are you going to do these projects every month cause i would love to join in! i have so many paper scrappin stuff that i can use...buttons, ribbons, brads..etc.. and i love the look of hybrid stuff!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:41 PM
theStudio Admin Team Member

Yep! Pretty close to every month I think. I have a variety of different types of projects planned, although with the big celebration this month I may wait until Oct since we have several hybrid projects planned for this month.