Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > Archived Events 2010 > theStudio Birthday Bash > Hybrid Challenge

Hybrid Challenge led by the scraptastic Michelle of Shelly Marie Scraps

Old 09-07-2010, 11:53 PM
theStudio Monet

Default My Story Minibook Day FIVE

There's still time for those of you wanting to catch up and do this challenge, sign up to get your coupon for the templates, here.

For Day Five of this hybrid minibook project, finish up all pages you are doing for it. And...

Print out your pages! Yay! If you want your book to be more glossy, use picture paper, but if you want it to be more vintage, use cardstock.

I used cardstock for mine. I love the vintage look it gives the pages. Carefully cut out all the pages and put them in order for your book.

I'll try to take a picture and post it, but we've had sick kids here including a sick Mommy so it may have to wait until tomorrow.

I am LOVING all your pages! I want to go leave some love before I head to bed. They are all just so awesome! Aren't you just loving them?

Old 09-08-2010, 04:41 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default Re: My Story Minibook Day FIVE

Got my 10 pages printed out & cut out.That's 20 sides! Inked the edges as Angel taught us in her hybrid class & this makes the edges look really nice. Ready for the next lesson.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:48 PM
theStudio Rembrandt

Here are the last pages. I have printed and cut. This has been so much fun and I really like the end result. thanks again

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...ey-78&cat=1160

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...y-910&cat=1160

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-last&cat=1160

Time to assemble!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:48 PM
theStudio Monet

Oh my Gosh I am out of colored ink but I got all the pages made which for me is a miracle let me tell you! I have not been in the mood for scrapping but I did it and am so glad I did! I am going to be doing lots of these in coming weeks it was fun!! Thanks so much for this awesome challenge!!

My Blog
Old 09-08-2010, 10:28 PM
theStudio Picasso

I am looking at my family tree book sitting on my desk ready for ShellyMarie's next instruction & I can tell you I really really like it.It feels good to handle. I used cardstock.I have something in my hand to show for my work.
I just got in the mail a photo album I made of my LO's from an online printing site. The edges were all cut off!!!Thank goodness i don't put anything important close to an edge
I'm getting another albbum from a different site in a few days & will see how that turns out. I know I spent more time uploading, arrainging pages, figuring out the sites how to's, etc than I did making my hyrid projects.And had more fun too!! And no cut off edges!

Old 09-09-2010, 01:36 AM
theStudio Monet

Oh let us know which printing places were better Joanne. I cannot get the printing thing down. I really had a problem printing my pages for some reason. But I definitely prefer cardstock to any other paper for this minibook project.

I am so glad you all are having such a good experience with this! My husband saw mine all cut out but not assembled yet, and he loved it! And he is not easily impressed. haha It is nice to have something to show for all your time and efforts on the computer, huh?

Old 09-10-2010, 01:15 AM
theStudio QC CT

I printed mine out on 61# Presentation paper from Staples. Nothing beats that paper. It's the weight of cardstock, but it's actually double-sided photo paper (matte) so it prints exceptionally clear and bright. I found out about it in a free card class and wasn't sorry I bought a couple boxes.