Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > Archived Events 2010 > theStudio Birthday Bash > theStudio Layout Artist Competition

theStudio Layout Artist Competition Join in this competition to find the next Studio Creative Team Members

Old 09-18-2010, 03:50 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Default Re: WEEK 3 ASSIGNMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj7933 View Post
I would like to stress to the designer the kit is AWESOME!! My difficulty has nothing to do with the kit!!

TJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque@RestoredElegance View Post
oh my i want to ditto that. the kit was not the problem. it was just sooooooooooooo out of what i normally do with all males around and being a tomboy

I will have to agree - I also had two or three attempts that I trashed before settling on this last one... This kit was hard for me because it's not something I would normally choose to scrap with, so I had no idea what I was doing with all those adorable elements! My first page was a mess, I had EVERYTHING on there, I loved it all so much! LOL! I envy you ladies that can scrap those fantasy layouts, I don't think this Tomboy has any fantasy in her!! Or the patience to put it all together!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:42 PM
theStudio Artist

here is mine for this week so glad i got to continue on......

and here is the link to the lo

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...ories&cat=1153

good luck everyone!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:21 PM
theStudio Designer

Well it's interesting to hear how many of you found this kit a challenge And this is the kiddie round not the fantasy round yet, maybe I got the kits mixed up LOL. I am loving every layout this week, it just gets harder and harder each round to choose which ones to vote for.

Off to the gallery I go to leave some well earned loving

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer ~ QC Liason

Old 09-18-2010, 06:42 PM
the Studio - Designer

Oh yes Tracy you're right, such wonderful layouts in the gallery this round, amazing how you've all used this kit
Old 09-18-2010, 08:25 PM
theStudio CT

Okay - I actually love this kit, but maybe cause I have an adorable daughter to use for my subject matter. This is mine:
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...=sweet&cat=all

Best wishes to everybody as we progress into the 3rd week voting.

http://atimeforscraps.blogspot.com/
Old 09-18-2010, 09:53 PM
the Studio - Designer

I love the fact that alot of you had difficulty with this kit because when you CT for a Store you will on the odd occasion get a kit you would not normally pick for yourself and the fact that you have all done such gorgeous layouts shows what talent you really do have in being able to work with different style kits Remember this is a competition so it really should be a 'challenge' in some ways
Old 09-18-2010, 11:36 PM
theStudio Artist

I'm back just checking in to see what's happening, and I love reading all the posts in this thread! This kit was awesome to play with, it's so cute and novel. I too found it to be a stretch for me and knew it would be when I unzipped it and looked it over. In thinking on it, it occurred to me that we all work so hard in our daily grind doing what we have to do that we are probably so much on the serious side of life rather than indulging in much fantasy. I decided to walk backward through my photos for help with fantasy inspiration after I had taken time to get the kit parts well ingested into my mind. I found the fact that the design of that rainbow was not the normal arched rainbow normally seen to be sheer genius by the designer! That alone spoke to me as a first thought step. The green ribbon wreath frame seemed to call out to me secondly as a portal, and with those two elements firmly planted in my brain the entire rest of my page came together easily once I happened across one of my photos that spoke to me of a fantasy idea. I actually had a ton of fun putting the page together, using so many of the elements, and feeling much like a child while doing it. It occurred to me while working on it that in real life it's not often that we get the pleasure of feeling that way. Once you take a first step with this kit, the inner child in you will emerge; and that was a pleasureable ride for me. It was like getting to the top of a hill and taking a slide ride! I'm just glad to read everybody's thoughts on climbing that hill. I think the layouts in the gallery are simply awesome, and I'm always amazed how well the pages are put together. There are so many truly creative folks right here! I'm really happy to have gotten this far, and I think I'm scared now that Ambowife has mentioned a fantasy round. Yikes! At least I won't be feeling alone in my fear maybe! Good luck everybody!! I love being a part of this fun experience!

Old 09-18-2010, 11:46 PM
theStudio Artist

Well, I finally got it posted! I too struggled with this one even though I had girl pictures to use!! So many cute elements made it hard to choose and I wanted to use them all in some way! Finally settled on this with the help of my 6 year old grandaughter who is the subject of my page - she kept saying put that in and I would say that is too much! She won out on a couple of items! Beautiful kit! Here is mine - http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-2009&cat=1153

Oops almost forgot that I resized some of the items but did not make any other changes to anything!
Old 09-19-2010, 01:33 PM
theStudio Scribbler

I wasn't sure I was going to make it this week, but finally had time to sit and scrap. I haven't even looked at the layouts so far, but now I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has done with this kit.

Here is mine. Image is linked.

http://triciagarrett.blogspot.com
Old 09-19-2010, 01:50 PM
theStudio Hybrid CT

I did change the color of the beetle and the swirl doodle. I made the swirl doodle oval and reduced the opacity of the ribbon frame to 61%. Thanks for a wonderful kit!

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-bugs&cat=1153
Old 09-19-2010, 05:57 PM
theStudio QC CT

Here is week 3 : http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-kiss&cat=1153
Old 09-19-2010, 06:09 PM
theStudio Designer

Don't be put off by the word Fantasy Kit, the idea is to show how versatile a kit can be too so using a Fantasy kit for a non fantasy page is totally fine, it's getting the kit to work for you and your photos, I think you will all do fine with the week 4 kit. The 25 of you who go through that is, I am not looking forward to the big elimination numbers this week this whole month has been a fun ride for me and Jeanette we are loving hosting this challenge and competition, it's amazing to see all the different ways a kit can be used by so many different scrappers from all over the world

Just under 5 hours left to post if you haven't yet
Then we'll pop the poll up!

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer ~ QC Liason

Old 09-19-2010, 07:29 PM
theStudio Picasso

Finally got my scanner to work so I could use an older picture of my daughter.
What a fun kit to play with. The LO is called A Sweet Spring Day

The changes that I made were
*erased part of the pink butterfly wing to make it appear to be in the grass
*lowered opacity of cloud and duplicated to fit in better
*erased some of the bees back legs so that it is sitting on the swing
*duplicated layer of 2 of the blue flowers and then adjusted top layer with screen blend mode so you could see them easier
*erased parts of pink doodle to fit design of page
*erased part of the grass leaves to make appear catepillar is crawling thru.
(noted in description in gallery, also posted in Design by Moo gallery)

Old 09-19-2010, 07:50 PM
theStudio Warhol

Wow - after three tries, I really got this done! I settled on a photo from my childhood, which is very dear to my heart, and in which I am engaging in the type of daydreams by which this kit is inspired. Thanks for letting me play with this kit, and finally get this photo scrapped! I chose to leave the tattered edges and sun-bleached, aged, look of the photo, rather than editing it, in part to contrast the real and fantastic as they blend together.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...eamer&cat=1153
Old 09-19-2010, 08:50 PM
theStudio Artist

What a fun kit! I was a little intimidated when I downloaded the kit because it is not my normal style. We've been moving this week and last night was the first chance I had to work on my layout. I had a lot of fun and it wasn't near as hard to work with I thought it would be. Unfortunately I still don't have access to all my pictures, but am happy with how these turned out. I look forward to using this again with some pictures of my daughters when they were little.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:25 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Wow, I am hoping this is just on time, what a crazy week....
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...becca&cat=1153