Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > Archived Events 2010 > theStudio Birthday Bash > Hybrid Challenge

Hybrid Challenge led by the scraptastic Michelle of Shelly Marie Scraps

Old 09-09-2010, 01:47 AM
theStudio Monet

Default My Story minibook Day SIX

This week has suddenly gotten a bit more busy and crazy so sorry this is so late today.

So on to day 6 since most of you are probably in day 7 I am probably one of the last one still awake being on the west coast. So...

For Day 6:

1 - Glue it together:

The pages are glued back to back. If you've printed on cardstock, that is probably all you need, but if you printed on photo paper, you're going to want to back it with cardstock in between the pages that are glued together.

So the cover will be glued to your page one.

Page 2 to page 3, 4 to page 5, and etc. with the back cover being glued to the last page in your book.

Or lay out your pages in the order you want them in and glue them back to back.

Hope that makes sense.

2- Trim and Ink Edges:

If you're like me, and are scissor-challenged, you may need to trim your pages again once they are glued together to make sure they all match in shape. I should have had my husband cut mine. haha But the end result will be so wonderful, nobody will know

Then if you'd like, you can "ink" your pages simply by applying color along the edges, especially any white areas from cutting.

3 - Embellish with any traditional items you would like. I usually put a ribbon or flower or something on the cover, but this time, I really like what I've printed so I'm not going to add more right now.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all. And I promise to post a picture tomorrow of my project, too, since I didn't get to that today (There is a reason I do mostly digital and not so much hybrid with three very young children. haha)

Old 09-11-2010, 09:47 PM
theStudio Monet

Default Re: My Story minibook Day SIX

Got it all glued and trimmed.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:33 AM
theStudio Warhol

Here is Day 6
Old 09-30-2010, 10:27 PM
theStudio Warhol

I've been inspired to make one of these using my Grandmother's old pictures, it will match the pages I made for her 90th birthday party a couple of years ago. She and my mom will LOVE it!! (Again, I hope DH gets a job before Christmas!!)