Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 12-04-2010, 12:03 AM
theStudio Artist

Exclamation For the Troops

Holiday Mail for Heroes
From now until December 10th you are invited to send holiday cards to our American service members, their families, and veterans all over the world.

Anyone can send a card and you can send as many as you would like! Please send all cards to:

Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD
20791-5456

(I got the above from the Walter Reed Army Medical Center's website after seeing a suggestion at Facebook. I bet they would love some homemade or even purchased Christmas Cards from US!)

Tess

Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation. - Joel 1:3
Old 12-05-2010, 03:27 PM
theStudio Warhol

Default Re: For the Troops

amazing! thank you for posting this. my sister is in afghanistan right now until at least april! i miss her so much! mom and i will be putting care packages together next week for her and her troop!
Old 12-10-2010, 03:13 PM
theStudio Designer

Location: I live in a sweet small seaside town called Southport in the uk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Mom Scraps View Post
amazing! thank you for posting this. my sister is in afghanistan right now until at least april! i miss her so much! mom and i will be putting care packages together next week for her and her troop!
Ohhh hun, I feel for you. My son Mikey was there until earlier this year and every minute of every day was a nightmare for me. Now I've got it all to look forward to again come 2012 when my older son Dan goes back out there.

I'll be thinking of you and your sister this Christmas

Hugs
Boo x

Old 12-10-2010, 03:14 PM
theStudio Designer

Location: I live in a sweet small seaside town called Southport in the uk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessthescrapper View Post
Holiday Mail for Heroes
From now until December 10th you are invited to send holiday cards to our American service members, their families, and veterans all over the world.

Anyone can send a card and you can send as many as you would like! Please send all cards to:

Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD
20791-5456

(I got the above from the Walter Reed Army Medical Center's website after seeing a suggestion at Facebook. I bet they would love some homemade or even purchased Christmas Cards from US!)

Tess
Fabulous idea hun. Thanks for the info. I know from my son being out there last Christmas how much it means to them.