Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > theStudio Happenings

theStudio Happenings Stop in to get the latest about what is new and hot at theStudio.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:36 AM
theStudio Artist

Red face Charity Kit - Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

I so wanted to make this image large!! But my work computer just does not have an interface that allows me to paste the image. (toiny: I put in big image for you )

Is this not the most adorable kit you have ever seen in your life?? It is so perfect for all your storybook, sleeping baby, growing child, imaginery adventures, and more layouts that you make of your children as they grow! And that alone should be the reason you buy it! This kit is ONLY $3.50 For everything you get and its versatility, this is an incredible deal.

But that is not why I am posting this kit for you to see...

Most importantly. All the proceeds from the sale of these kits goes to an organization called:

This is an incredible organization that provides a gift to those in the most need. Grieving Families!

Here is a description of their purpose as copied from their website:

"Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" is there for parents and families to help them in their healing, bring hope to their future, and Honor their child. It is through REMEMBRANCE that a family can truly begin to heal."

Their Mission Statement is:

To introduce remembrance photography to parents suffering the loss of a baby with a free gift of professional portraiture. We believe these images serve as an important step in the family's healing process by honoring their child's Legacy.

Pregnancy and birth are miraculous journeys. This amazing time of life is full of mystery, anticipation, joy, hope, and wonder. Feeling the powerful energy of birth and new life, watching as a new family is born unto each other. These things humble and amaze. These are the things that we celebrate when a baby is born.

But there is another aspect of pregnancy and birth. There is an unexpected place in this journey where some families may find themselves. When a baby dies, a world is turned upside down. There is confusion, sadness, fear, and uncertainty that cannot be explained. There is sorrow where there should have been joy. During this time, it might be impossible for families to know what they might need in order to heal in the future.

This is the place where the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep Foundation gently provides a helping hand and a healing heart. For families overcome by grief and pain, the idea of photographing their baby may not immediately occur to them. Offering gentle and beautiful photography services in a compassionate and sensitive manner is the heart of this organization. The soft, gentle heirloom photographs of these beautiful babies are an important part of the healing process. They allow families to honor and cherish their babies, and share the spirits of their lives. The NILMDTS mission statement is to introduce remembrance photography to parents suffering the loss of a baby with the gift of professional portraiture. We believe these images serve as an important step in the family's healing process by honoring their child's legacy.

The Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep Foundation (NILMDTS) administers a network of more than 7,000 volunteer photographers in the United States and 25 countries. At a family's request, a NILMDTS Affiliated Photographer will come to your hospital or hospice location and conduct a sensitive and private portrait session. The portraits are then professionally retouched and presented to the families on an archival DVD or CD that can be used to print portraits of their cherished baby.

Our entire network of affiliated photographers graciously donate their time and talents to our families and we are proud to be able to offer our services at no cost. Your Donations are greatly needed and greatly appreciated.

Do you not agree that this is an INCREDIBLE organization?!?!? I guarantee you that there will be VERY few of us scrapbookers who have not been touched by such a loss. I alone have miscarried one of my children at 16 weeks, and my sister just Monday was told that the baby in her womb (20+ weeks) would not survive more than minutes after birth because it has no stomach and no kidneys.

As scrapbookers we can comprehend and understand the critical importance of what this agency does for these families!

This kit is ONLY $3.50 a small price to pay to support such a large and life changing gift. Can you not spare the change, to help with the healing of these families going through such a tragic loss.. Remembering that these will be their LAST photographs of their miracle and in the end they may not be able to use such a wonderful kit as this again.

Thank you so much!!

Last edited by Toiny; 02-10-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:58 AM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: Charity Kit - Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

I have a personal history with NILMDTS. In 1996, we found out that we were going to have our second child, we had our first, Colt, in 1993. About 5 months into the pregnancy, we discovered that he did not have kidneys and he was diagnosed with Potter’s Syndrome. Daniel was still born on October 30, 1996. The nurses were kind enough to take a couple of snap shots for us, which I really do treasure. The doctors told us it was a fluke and would most likely never happen again. Flash forward to 2006, we now had our third child, Riley (2003) and we were pregnant with our fourth child. Again, at my 5th month ultrasound, we discovered that he didn’t have kidneys and would not survive. We carried Gabriel to term and he was still born on September 12, 2006. This time around an online friend told us about NILMDTS. A photographer came to our hospital room and took the photos. Such beautiful photos. She handled everything with such grace and respect and I can’t tell you how much it meant to me as a parent to have those photos. Most parents take their babies and get professional photos done shortly after they are born. But for parents who have lost their babies, they don’t always get that chance. These photos helped me so much during the grieving process and I treasure them. This is a charity that I love and believe in. It does so much good for grieving families. The photographers involved are all volunteers and do this out of the goodness of their hearts. They make no profit from these photos.

If you’d like to see examples of some of the photos that our photographer took, you can go to my old blog and read the birth story and scroll down to see the pictures. The professional photos are near the bottom of the page. I do feel that I need to give a warning that these are hard to view and that you need to remember that these are photos of a baby that had passed on and is no longer alive.

Birth story
http://homesteadmomma.wordpress.com/...y-more-photos/

Our History With Potter’s Syndrome -
http://homesteadmomma.wordpress.com/...ters-syndrome/

Questions About Our Baby and Potter’s Syndrome
http://homesteadmomma.wordpress.com/...and-situation/

This charity is so deserving of this. All proceeds got to them and I can't tell you how much they change lives and help families in grief over losing a child. I do whatever I can to promote this charity and support it.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:43 PM
theStudio Scribbler

This is wonderful! I wish I knew about them when my son was stillborn back in 2004. I do have some polaroid shots, but you know how those look over time.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:07 AM
theStudio Owner

((((Angi)))) so sorry to hear about your loss as well.

Have you scanned in your photo's? Maybe with a little digital help they can be recovered a little? At least preserved so they do not fade more.

Lots of smooches for you.

Toiny

my email