Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 04-25-2011, 10:43 AM
theStudio Picasso

Default I met Min!

We didn't take many pictures, but I'll post some tonight when I get home from work.

Min is on vacation in the Orlando area and this weekend we drove up to see her. We were supposed to get together on Friday night when we got in, but a snafu with the rental van had us getting in late, and her daughter was already sleeping (jet lag) when we got in. Instead we met up at Islands of Adventure on Saturday.

Min and her family are just wonderful. Min's so sweet and she brought me candy all the way from Germany! German gummy candy (bears, bunnies, mice, etc.) tastes so much better than ours. Her poor husband took all the children on Popeye while Min and I sat out, and got completely soaked! Our daughters got along great. I'd love to see them become international pen pals.

In my 5 years digiscrapping, this is the first time I've met a designer I've worked with. It was so exciting and so much fun.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:12 PM
theStudio Owner

Default Re: I met Min!

YAY Lori! And Min! I'm so excited for you both. More than a little jealous as well, despite my previous in-person experiences with Min. Min is absolutely beautiful. I love her. So glad you guys had a swonderful visit.

Big smooches, anxiously awaiting those photo's,

T

my email
Old 04-25-2011, 01:40 PM
theStudio Warhol

awww...how fun! i am in melbourne, about an hour from orlando!!
Old 04-25-2011, 03:55 PM
theStudio CT

That is so cool, it's so nice to meet fellow scrappers and designers. We had a meeting a few weeks ago in the Netherlands. Well, the Netherlands aren't so big, so we had a lovely day with all scrappers, designers and ct-ers!!
It is just so nice to meet people with the sama hobby and then talk about it without having to explain what you are talking about!!!

Creative for
The Studio, Feli Designs, Berna Datema, Joelle Designs, Crowabout StudioB, Marta van Eck, Studio Manu, Rucola Designs, Pinklotty Designs

Old 04-26-2011, 03:28 PM
theStudio Designer

Awww - now you make me all blush with the nice things you say about me ... or maybe it's just the candy being that good.. ROFL

It was absolutely great meeting Lori and her family, they're such a wonderful bunch of people and actually the snafu with the car wasn't that bad - that way we had much more time together and the kids and guys probably enjoyed it more than having to do dinner conversation, LOL. Too bad we had too much fun to remember to take pics, we only got out the cameras to take pics of us together literally minutes before we left ... some scrapbookers, LOL...

T, I hope to see you all again, soon, we finally have to sit down with our calendars to fix a date!!

Rebecca, I didn't know you're so close...I'll pm you, maybe we can sneak in a cup of coffee in the middle if I dump my family at the hotel pool, LOL!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:46 PM
theStudio Picasso

Here are two pictures from when we met Min.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:17 PM
theStudio Designer

How fun! Last year Aimee and I realized that we lived just a few miles apart and she came over one day. Since then I've moved, but my parents are still nearby. We're hoping to get together again in a couple of weeks while I'm visiting.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:45 PM
theStudio Warhol

Orlando is a great place to meet people, when we lived in atlanta, no one came to visit, but while we have lived in orlando we have seen tons of old friends. But it all must end we are moving in less than 2 weeks back north to IL.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:02 AM
theStudio Party Girl

Oh, how AWESOME! I'm completely jealous! Min is just the sweetest, wish I lived closer to Florida to visit - but I'm thinking a trip to Germany would be WAY better!! I can go to Florida anytime! LOL! Watch out all you Florida gals - we're planning a tentative trip to Orlando for next year!! Wooohooo!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:42 AM
theStudio Designer

LOL, a trip to Germany would be great... and you could meet Toiny and me... so what are you waiting for ...

Hey T, how about having a huge Studio convention... I'd love having to go on a "business trip" and leaving hubby behind to take care of everything instead of the other way round, LOL
Old 05-03-2011, 12:38 PM
theStudio Designer

Min, what a great idea, I mean, about hubby lol

Personal Use Store · Commercial Use Store · Blog · Newsletter · Facebook · Pinterest · Twitter · Google+

2007 - 2014 eqrAveziur graphic & design. All rights reserved.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:45 PM
theStudio Designer

oh how fun!! how great Lori and Min! :-) yeah Min, i totally agree!! the digiscrap convention would be FANTASTIC!!! we could have all sorts of fun things like photography nature walks and crop parties (or extracting parties for designers) tee hee!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers