Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Events > iNSD: Pin it, to Win it!

iNSD: Pin it, to Win it! The first Saturday in May is iNSD (or interNational Scrapbooking Day) & it is all about the shopping... and WINNING!

Old 05-05-2014, 08:11 PM
theStudio Warhol

Default Re: How to: Pin it to Win it

Thanks Linda Cumberland for this beautiful kit a Beautiful Friendship.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:08 PM
theStudio Monet

LOL me too I was not complaining I only pinned 4 or 5 didn't think of loading every designer in didn't understand it I guess I didn't want to seem like I was over doing it next time I will load it till I can't see straight! Congratulations to all that won!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootscrapper View Post
Thanks Avalon, that makes sense, I am not complaining.....I have enough kits to keep me going till I get to be old and with a walking stick and can't use my fingers anymore to scrap lol

Congrats to all the winners!!

My Blog

Old 05-06-2014, 12:31 PM
theStudio Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by angmag55 View Post
LOL me too I was not complaining I only pinned 4 or 5 didn't think of loading every designer in didn't understand it I guess I didn't want to seem like I was over doing it next time I will load it till I can't see straight! Congratulations to all that won!
I'm not entirely sure how the process works,but I think each designer has a certain number of coupons to give away & then each one goes through looking for their products pinned to our boards. I'm not sure if they have predetermined what products they have coupons for & are looking for those specific products or just their products in general. So I always pin a ton of stuff (hey there's soooooo much gorgeousity out there I'd just LOVE to own, so its not that hard!) and try to pin some products from almost all the designers, in the hope that I'll have pinned something that someone is looking to give away. At the end there were 92 pins on my board.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:50 PM
theStudio Monet

Thanks for the heads up will in to my hearts content next time around! Whew that could take awhile because like you say there is so many many Beautiful and Fantastic kits in the store here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash Empress View Post
I'm not entirely sure how the process works,but I think each designer has a certain number of coupons to give away & then each one goes through looking for their products pinned to our boards. I'm not sure if they have predetermined what products they have coupons for & are looking for those specific products or just their products in general. So I always pin a ton of stuff (hey there's soooooo much gorgeousity out there I'd just LOVE to own, so its not that hard!) and try to pin some products from almost all the designers, in the hope that I'll have pinned something that someone is looking to give away. At the end there were 92 pins on my board.

My Blog

Old 05-06-2014, 05:29 PM
theStudio Admin Team Member

Location: Livermore, California -- home of the famous light bulb

You pretty much have it right. We designers are only allowed to give 3 coupons and we are suppose to check the list (in the designer forum) to make sure we don't double up (as in have one person receive 2 coupons). It's unfortunate, but doubling up will still happen if 2 designers are "RAK'ing" at the same time or forget to check the list before creating their coupons.

So ... some hints to increase your chances of getting RAK'ed.

Make a special board to pin to and name it something like the "theStudio Pin it To Win it Contest". If you are using a board that you've already set up, I recommend that you at least weed out the old stuff. Also, take the time to add a hashtag or two to your pins or even the description for your board ... #theStudio or #iNSDthestudio.

Pin from a variety of designers. If everything you've pinned is from only one or two designers, they may end up using their coupons before they get to you. Plus, this is the perfect time to get to know some different designers especially if you get one of their kits for free.

Pin some Commercial Use items. Two of my coupons went to folks who pinned some things from my Commercial Use store. Now I'm not sure how a lot of designers feel about this, but it definitely gave me an opportunity to show off what I have in my store.

Pin early. Like you, the designers look forward to doing a LOT of shopping on iNSD weekend. I actually started reading wishlists a couple of days early and also sent my coupons out at the very start. Doing it that way gave me the time to shop, shop, shop.

Hope this helps a little bit. While there's no guarantee that this will make you a winner, it will definitely increase your odds. Take if from a former pinner, when I started using this method, I started getting RAK'd. I also got to know some great designers who's products I had never even looked at before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash Empress View Post
Old 05-06-2014, 05:46 PM
theStudio Designer

Yes, that's exactly what happened to me Jill. I was RAKing a member at the same time another designer was doing the same thing for the same member. I didn't realize until after I hit post quick reply and by that time, I'd already sent a PM to the member. So it's unfortunate that the odd one received 2 and some none.

If you have a Studio Pinterest page, just pin your favourite new releases when they come out, either in the store, or in the newsletter. That way, you're always up-to-date with all your favourite kits/designers. It's what I used to tell my kids when they were young "hang up your clothes after you're finished undressing or doing laundry and that way you don't have a pile to go through at the end of the week, which takes way too much time!" LOL!
Old 05-06-2014, 06:09 PM
theStudio Monet

All good points to think about Jill and Darlene

May I ask a couple of questions please??

What is RAKed?

second, I am hosting a challenge elsewhere and I am using a hashtag system, but I can't seem to search and find anything using my code eg #scrappydooda (name changed for privacy reasons lol) <----I type this in the search bar in pinterest and I only get 1 item come up and it is mine and I have a stack and I also know others have added so am I doing something wrong?

I hope you don't mind me asking this here

Old 05-06-2014, 06:28 PM
theStudio Monet

Kaye, I think RAK means "random acts of kindness." So, if you get RAKed, that means you just received a kit for free.

Just keep in mind I could be wrong...it took me the longest time to figure out that TUF Stuff meant kits, stamps, and stuff from The Urban Fairy (TUF)!!
Old 05-06-2014, 07:10 PM
theStudio Monet

oh thanks Andie....Yes I was confused with TUF once upon a time lol

Old 05-06-2014, 08:00 PM
theStudio Monet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie View Post
Kaye, I think RAK means "random acts of kindness." So, if you get RAKed, that means you just received a kit for free.

Just keep in mind I could be wrong...
Nope, you're not wrong Andie. RAK means "Random Act of Kindness". The acronym has actually been around for quite a long time. I'm not aware of when or where it began to be used, but I do know it was long before digi-scrapping.

There is actually an online foundation called randomactsofkindness.org. They do some very worthwhile work. Btw, is your computer a bit healthier today?
Old 05-06-2014, 08:10 PM
theStudio Monet

Quote:

second, I am hosting a challenge elsewhere and I am using a hashtag system, but I can't seem to search and find anything using my code eg #scrappydooda (name changed for privacy reasons lol) <----I type this in the search bar in pinterest and I only get 1 item come up and it is mine and I have a stack and I also know others have added so am I doing something wrong?
Hi Kaye,

There was a Pin it to Win it in March (I think) and I noticed when I entered the hash tag sequence into the Pinterest search box that my pins weren't showing up. This time around they showed up right away. Later on I discovered that Pinterest was having problems updating. So perhaps that's the problem...just a guess...

Btw, where are you typing in the hash tags? Are you putting them in the description box?
Old 05-06-2014, 08:35 PM
theStudio Monet

Yes in the description box

Old 05-06-2014, 11:39 PM
theStudio Admin Team Member

Location: Livermore, California -- home of the famous light bulb

I'm not really sure how hashtags work ... and I won't be seeing my grand kids until this weekend, so I won't have any experts to ask until then.

What I have seen is that in some places the hashtags turn into links that you can click on to find other items/pins with the same tag. For Pinterest, I believe the hashtags become keywords or metadata that can be searched on ... that's why I would have though you could have searched on them.

Quote:
Yes in the description box
Old 05-07-2014, 12:07 AM
theStudio Artist

I was RAK'd by Jill and it was very pleasant. Thank you Jill, I already was a fan, but it helped me get more of your gems in the store.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:12 AM
theStudio Monet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilbert View Post
For Pinterest, I believe the hashtags become keywords or metadata that can be searched on ... that's why I would have though you could have searched on them.
That's my understanding also Jill, but I am aware that sometimes they have problems updating their database, especially when things get really busy over there. Must work like DSL...lol
Old 05-07-2014, 08:35 AM
theStudio CT

When I put my layouts in the CT inspiration board, I always hashtag the designer in the description so if someone clicks on her name they will be taken to her Pinterest page. But I'm just not grasping how hashtaging the studio for Pin it to Win It helps find ALL of our boards with our wish lists! That amazes me that you can do that!!!