Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > Archived Events 2011 > Halloween 2011 > Trick-or-Treat Challenge

Trick-or-Treat Challenge Led by Karen aka SnickerdoodlesDesign .

Old 10-29-2011, 01:36 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default Re: Trick or Treat anyone?

I added a link to 4shared for my layout. IF it doesn't work there here it is..
http://www.4shared.com/photo/BchHN79..._or_Treat.html

Its for this layout but as a QP I hope
Old 10-29-2011, 02:58 PM
theStudio Warhol

It looks like everyone is having fun with this one! I sure did! Thanks, Karen!

Old 10-29-2011, 03:07 PM
theStudio Monet

i'd like to try. pm'd my list.

Families are forever because love never melts.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:08 PM
theStudio Designer

Ahh.. some more lovely LOs ladies!!! Off to the gallery to get a closer look! I believe I have passed out all the treats up to this point. If I missed you, please let me know!

Old 10-29-2011, 11:27 PM
theStudio Artist

My Halloween bag turned out to be a "trick" bag, but I like the "treat" I created from it:

I had to use:
mat - beige, scalloped
flower(s) - tulips, the "o" in "flowers"
bow(s) - the cross members of the "T's" in "Take Time"
word art - "Take Time to Smell the Flowers"
1 patterned paper - bg paper
Old 10-29-2011, 11:35 PM
theStudio Designer

LOL! I do too!!! You all are far surpassing any ideas I might have had on the "no photo" thing. Great job everyone!

Old 10-30-2011, 01:04 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Here's my page finally! I thought I had lucked out with my list, then I noticed there were no papers on it! lol So I made this cluster Thanks for a fun challenge, Karen!!

My list:
mat
brad(s) or button(s)
title
photo(s)
frame(s)
ribbon(s)
flourish(es)
greenery

Old 10-30-2011, 02:11 PM
theStudio Designer

LOL! Oh, that is great!!! Great thinking! Thanks for being such a great sport!.. and oh, gosh, your Avatar is SCARY!!!

Old 10-30-2011, 03:25 PM
theStudio Monet

i decided, since my list didn't include a photo, to make this more like a poster/invitation. i hope including the text was okay (my list didn't include journalling, so i'm not really sure about it). and the purple paper is one paper, just with a part of it masked. here's my layout:

my list: 1 solid paper, word art, brad(s) or button(s), 2 solid papers, flower(s), string(s), flourish(es), greenery

about 90% theStudio products

Families are forever because love never melts.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:57 PM
Chit Cat

Ok, here is mine. I used the kit "Country Girl" by Marie H. Designs. I made the photo mat and word art to fill the list along with 2 pat. papers, flowers, greenery, a bow and a picture. Picture is my niece, Kardy Rae. Thanks this was lots of fun.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...kardy-rae.html
Old 10-31-2011, 05:18 PM
theStudio CT

I planned to join in on this challenge, but now I don't seem to be making the deadline. Lots of stuff came in between, so I'm really sorry for not completing this challenge. Thanks however for hosting it, I love the idea of this challenge!!

Creative for
The Studio, Feli Designs, Berna Datema, Joelle Designs, Crowabout StudioB, Marta van Eck, Studio Manu, Rucola Designs, Pinklotty Designs

Old 10-31-2011, 05:19 PM
theStudio Designer

Oh, gosh.. what adorable photos and LOs here! Yes.. a "cutie pie" indeed! And the Honeysuckle flowers are lovely! Thank you for all being such great sports!!!!

Trick of Treat plans this evening? Let's open up this thread now that the LO Challenge is almost over and the real-life parties are ready to begin...

What are YOU doing for Trick-or-Treat, if you celebrate this holiday?

My hubby and I live in a neighborhood where we don't get many, if any, trick-or-treaters. So we are going out to dinner to our favorite Mexican food restaurant, then going to our daughter's to see our grandkids in their costumes. Nothing extraordinary, but pleasant and fun for us! What about you?

Old 10-31-2011, 06:48 PM
Chit Cat

For ten years, I ran the special events at the city I worked for. One of the best was the haunted hay ride. I put many of my own things into the hay ride and when I left the city to retire, I took them home. My daughter and grandson put up one of the best haunted yards with the props. My grandson worked the yard just like he did at the hay ride. Now he is in the Air Force and we will not put up the decorations. I think my husband and I will just watch old movies and enjoy the quiet.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:00 AM
theStudio Warhol

OMGosh! I get to work with SIX papers!! I've been trying to plan this out in my head... my machine is going to revolt, I just know it! I've been sooo busy and for the last few hours I've had the MUNCHIES, hahaha, and finally just stopped after trying to cram in #15 (get it?!?!) My tummy hurts and my eyes are twitching from all the snacking and monster hunting in the shop... I'll be back tomorrow afternoon
Old 11-01-2011, 07:43 AM
theStudio Picasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
I planned to join in on this challenge, but now I don't seem to be making the deadline. Lots of stuff came in between, so I'm really sorry for not completing this challenge. Thanks however for hosting it, I love the idea of this challenge!!
I missed too. super busy the last few days. I'm going to do it this morning anyway, juat because it was a fun challenge!

Old 11-01-2011, 08:04 AM
theStudio Warhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyrose View Post
For ten years, I ran the special events at the city I worked for. One of the best was the haunted hay ride. I put many of my own things into the hay ride and when I left the city to retire, I took them home. My daughter and grandson put up one of the best haunted yards with the props. My grandson worked the yard just like he did at the hay ride. Now he is in the Air Force and we will not put up the decorations. I think my husband and I will just watch old movies and enjoy the quiet.
That is awesome!!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:10 AM
theStudio Picasso

While I was doing this, Kaline (orange kitty) was deciding that leftover rolls of Smarties make great cat toys. So, here's my layout from my trick or treat list. I've got to go clean up the Smarties now.

Happy Popsie's Day

My List:
1 solid paper
mat
word art
photo(s)
stitches
flower(s)
ribbon(s)
string(s)
flourish(es)
bow(s)

The most challenging part is that I've been using a lot more papers lately!

Old 11-01-2011, 08:35 PM
theStudio Picasso

I live down a very long wooded lane. We do not get visitors, but my three grandchildren arrived. It was a blast. Then 2 of them came back this afternoon.. not so much fun LOL........ Otherwise, I buy candy, just in case- haven't had trick or treaters for 43 years but one never knows- and then of course I am forced to eat what I bought........lol.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:31 PM
theStudio Designer

Thanks to everyone for sharing their layouts here... for joining in the fun.. for being such GREAT sports when you had... sometimes.. a rather challenging "trick" in your bag! Thanks for sharing your stories so we can get to know each other a little better too! And thanks to Nani for joining in even after the deadline! That is great spirit!

As promised I have a little treat for you.... I didn't design a Halloween kit this year, and I've been working on Christmas already! So with that in mind, my treat for you is a cluster that coordinate with my kit Ginger Magic, which will be new to theStudio. As soon as I post this challenge treat, I will be uploading the kit into the store, so be on the look out for it in the newsletter, as well as in the store tomorrow. Then on Saturday coordinating word art, styles, and tags will be available in a value-priced bundled Collection for you! Be sure to download your challenge gift. There is an coupon in there for you, which I hope you will enjoy using!My helper, Diane, will be PMing gift links to you tomorrow. Thank you for allowing me the grace of one more day in getting your gifts to you, so I can get Ginger Magic in the store this evening!

Here is a preview of your treat! It was designed by a member of my creative team, FMC Designs! I hope you enjoy it!