Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > Archived Events 2011 > theStudio Birthday Bash 2011 > Layout Artist Competition 2011

Layout Artist Competition 2011 We are kicking this off Thursday, September 1, 2011!

Old 09-29-2011, 05:41 AM
theStudio Designer

Default LOA 2011 - FINALS

This week's voting was so very difficult! Thank you to each participant, you did amazing work with Min’s kit!

We had a break at the top 8 with a 3-way tie for the next spot, so we broke the list at 11 going to the Final Round. Congratulations, if you find your name below, you are in the Finals!

Angelclaud
anneofalamo
bombalurina59
britnkaysmemaw2
goddessjoy
Jacque
Lynn
mjjames
sailwemust
trickletime
wahoolady

You know this, but here are the general rules and instructions:
THREAD before you begin your assignment.

YOUR ASSIGNMENT

As a member of theStudio’s Creative Team, you are required to create 2 layouts per kit chosen from a list every 2 weeks, at least one kit per list. Layouts are to be posted in theStudio Gallery, DST, and at least 2 other digital scrapbooking site galleries. Working with the monthly mega collabs is optional, but who wouldn’t want to??

Here's what you'll be working with, our brand new collab, to be released on October 1, Farmer's Market !

Be sure to read this thoroughly. The Final Round is a little different.
We are matching the site requirements per kit, without the posting at other galleries.

In this round, you must:

1. Create TWO - 12X12 LAYOUTS using as much of the collab, Farmer's Market, as you can to promote it beautifully, while still keeping your page, including shadows and layers, balanced and eye-catching. You can do two-pager style layouts, or make 2 non-related pages. It’s important to show the possibilities and versatility of the collab kit. It contains 79 papers and 140 elements!

2. Shadows should be consistent, all in the same direction and relative to the distance off the page that particular element would be if real.

3. Your layout should be resized to 600 x 600 pixels, 72 dpi, and no more than 120K before uploading to the gallery. Once you have uploaded your “official” entry for the week, you are not to edit it in any way once it's been placed in the gallery.

4. You must post a store link to the kit in your description, and you must credit theStudio Team, and provide the name of any fonts you use. (The collab is actually hidden, you will need to use the link I provided to you in the description)

5. You are to use the papers and elements as they are without blending. Cropping into shapes is fine. Mention any changes you made besides adding shadows in the description area when you post your page. Please use only the tools that come with your software.

6. Post your layouts in the LOA 2011: Round 5 gallery, and also post to the Monthly Mega gallery, " October 2011: Farmers Market "

7. Post the Round 5 gallery url links from the address bar back here in this thread. Also post the Monthly Mega gallery url link, so that we know you have posted in both places, and can go leave you some love.

IMPORTANT NOTES --

A. We had some questions about a couple of layouts being extremely similar, with the possibility of one having scraplifted the other. Please understand that using templates, sketches and scraplifting is not permitted for this contest.

B. Please carefully review each item in the list of instructions to be sure that you have followed each one. Your beautiful page will have to be disqualified if the instructions are not followed. Be sure you check your descriptions, links, and posting in this thread.

If you have a legitimate problem getting your layout up on time, e.g. computer issue or internet connection problem, or a Studio upload based problem, let us know and we may make an exception, otherwise all pages must be uploaded by the deadline.

Christine and I have loved having you join us for this competition. We hope that you have had a lot of fun, and maybe learned some things along the way. And now, we’re excited to see who will join our Creative Team!

Good luck!

POST DEADLINE : MIDNIGHT EST, SUNDAY, October 2

POLL FOR VOTING : will go up in a separate thread MONDAY, October 3. Voting for this Final Round will only be open to Studio designers and admin.

POLLING CLOSES : Midnight EST on October 4
Old 09-29-2011, 06:58 AM
theStudio Warhol

Default Re: LOA 2011 - FINALS

Wow! What a fantastic kit to work with! Congrats to everybody that made it through!!! I can't wait to see what you all come up with! Good luck!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:17 AM
theStudio Artist

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!! Thank you sooo much everybody who voted for me and made it possible for me to go through to the final round! I can't believe it!!
Congratulations to everybody who made it through! And thank you so much Toiny for letting us work with this gorgeous kit!

Proudly creating for Digidesignresort, Nydia's Scraps, JanetB Designs, Les idées de Christine, StarSongStudio, Studio4 Designworks
Old 09-29-2011, 07:27 AM
theStudio CT

Congratulations to all those have made it to the final round. I have thoroughly enjoyed doing this competition and have learned lots of things on the way- especially how to use PSE8. Thank you to all those who provided the kits and the support for this competition
Cee(proud to have got as far as round 4)
Old 09-29-2011, 08:12 AM
theStudio Hybrid CT

Congratulations to all those who made it through to the final round! I thought all the layouts were amazing and it was so difficult to choose between them. I never dreamt I would get this far so many thanks to those who voted for me, this is amazing !!!! And thank you also to The Studio for the chance to work with such a beautiful kit!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:06 AM
theStudio Artist

Wow, what a fantastic list of talent to go on to the finals!! Congratulations to all of you!! Good luck and have fun!! And enjoy working with this awesome kit!!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:17 AM
theStudio Artist

OMG...thank goodness for pms. i was sure i hadn't made it thru so i wouldn't have checked. thanks for everyone who's voted thru out the challenges and the studio for the great kits (and extending the tie ) looking forward to seeing what this kit looks like. good luck to everyone

All my stress comes from people NOT playing the game of life by MY rules!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:24 AM
theStudio Warhol

Oh WOW! This kit is huge! And I love it too Congrats to each of you. It has been fun competing - I've really enjoyed browsing the gallery each round. Good luck in this final round! Now, I'd better get started, 2 layouts this time....
Old 09-29-2011, 09:48 AM
theStudio Artist

Congratulations to everyone! It was definitely tough to narrow down the last round to just 5. There were so many creative ways the kit was used. I've got a whole list of things I want to try and figure out how to do just from looking at all the layouts.

Now, this week........
Can't wait to see all the goodies in this kit - looks amazing.
At first I thought "oh no, 2 pages", but after looking at the preview, I realized I'd need at least 2 pages to be able to use all the things that I like!

Best of luck to everyone in this final round and big thanks to Toiny, Christine, Janet and The Studio for this amazing contest.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:24 AM
theStudio Artist

Thanks for the sweet kits to work with thus far--and congratulations to all that made it through to the final round! It was fun, and I look forward to competing again the next time!

Old 09-29-2011, 10:40 AM
theStudio Owner

You are all so welcome! It has been a pleasure having your LO's grace our gallery this month. I'm really excited what to see what you do with our newest Mega.

my email
Old 09-29-2011, 11:15 AM
theStudio CT

I just echo what has already been said. Thanks for all the wonderful kits that were donated for this challenge. I am rooting for all the gals moving on. I can't wait to compete in the next one.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:28 AM
theStudio Monet

Wow....I am so pleased to have made it to the final round! The competition has been amazing! Congrats to everyone, and thanks to those who have voted for me! Now to download and open this gorgeous kit!

[/CENTER]
Old 09-29-2011, 11:49 AM
theStudio Monet

congrats to everyone who made it this far! and thanks so much once again to everyone who voted me in as well. can't wait to play with the fabulous kit for this round.

Families are forever because love never melts.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:58 PM
theStudio QC CT

Whoo- Hoo! Congratulations ladies. Can't wait to see what y'all come up with this time.
m

pse-3,4,5,6, 8 , 9, 10....CS5...and PSP x3
Old 09-29-2011, 06:07 PM
theStudio Designer

Congrats to everyone who is moving on! Can't wait to see what you all do with the Mega!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:46 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Congratulations to the finalists! The pages in the gallery are just beautiful and oozing with talent! Ya'll have inspired me to try new techniques, I just love all of those pages! Thank you to everyone who shared with us, it's been amazing!
Old 09-30-2011, 02:18 AM
theStudio Designer

Congrats ladies, waiting for your new layouts!

Personal Use Store · Commercial Use Store · Blog · Newsletter · Facebook · Pinterest · Twitter · Google+

2007 - 2014 eqrAveziur graphic & design. All rights reserved.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:06 AM
theStudio CT

Wowzers! I'm so surprised and honored to have made it in to the final round! The mega kit is amazing and I'm having a blast playing with it. Thank you so much to everyone who has voted for me, and to all of the designers who have donated such amazing kits for us!

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:58 AM
theStudio Scribbler

Is any one else having trouble with the coupon code? It is telling me the coupon has expired. I am doing something wrong? Help! I will keep trying!