Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 12-21-2013, 04:10 PM
the Studio Admin Team Member

Default Photoshop CS2 for FREE

I just saw this on Facebook and it may be of interest for some of you.

http://gizmodo.com/5973730/grab-phot...ree-right-here

Adobe's giving us all a late Christmas present. You can grab yourself a free, legitimate copy of Photoshop and the rest of the Creative Suite 2, right now, direct from Adobe. No catch.
Well, unless you think having an Adobe account is a catch. Anyway, apparently Adobe's tired of keeping the activation servers running to support legitimate installs of the 10-year-old CS2, so it's decided to just give it away. Sounds great to me.
Handy if all you need is a quick image editor, Photoshop CS2 will still do all the basic things, just not the new fancy smart ‘content aware‘ stuff. Free's free, so get over to Adobe.com and get downloading. [Adobe via Twitter]
Update:The install for Mac is actually for Power PC devices, so you'll need Mac OS X v.10.2.8–v.10.3.8 or Rosetta to get it working.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:32 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: Photoshop CS2 for FREE

Thanks so much for the heads up, Robyn! I downloaded the files, but I am not absolutely sure it will work with my computer. First of all, the requirements list includes having a Pentium III or IV ... and I have an AMD in my computer. I run Windows 7, not Windows XP as they list. They say it may not run properly in some new machines. Any idea where I can get more info on this?

Hugs,
Nertha
Old 12-22-2013, 11:28 AM
theStudio Picasso

I was just there and in order for the serial numbers to work for the license you need to already have purchased CS2 and are just updating your software ... I'm not sure if it will work on Windows 7 or 8
Old 12-22-2013, 06:09 PM
theStudio Picasso

Question Re: Photoshop CS2 for FREE

UPDATE: According to diyphotography.net, the links were only for those who had purchased CS2 and needed to re-install CS2 now that the registration servers are offline. There is not, REPEAT is not a free version of CS2 floating around.
http://www.diyphotography.net/downlo...e-cs2-for-free
Old 12-23-2013, 01:13 AM
the Studio Admin Team Member

Thanks for the clarification. I saw it on FB and obviously misunderstood what was being offered. I apologize for giving you incorrect information.