Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges 2011 > Surprise Me! Challenge

Surprise Me! Challenge Hosted by SnickerdoodleDesigns this challenge will surprise you every month! Layouts for this Challenge can be found and uploaded to the Surprise Me! Challenge Gallery.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:36 PM
theStudio Designer

Default December 2011 - Surprise Me!

Thank you all for your particpation last month! I really enjoyed seeing your take on that challenge!

For those of you new to the Surprise Me! Challenge this is how it works: Each month I will offer you a new challenge. The "surprise" is that each month's challenge will be different.

I will issue the challenge and explain any restrictions.

You will create a layout following the stated guidelines.

You will post your layout HERE in the Surprise Me! Gallery by the last day of the month. (Don't forget to credit the designer for whichever kit you use.) Then come back and post your layout here in this thread so we can see, with a quick glance, the amazing work you have done! Use any kit you like in this challenge, but as a special December bonus, if you use any one of my kits, I will issue you a special coupon for purchase of the Artist In Me, when it hits the store shelves!

All participants will receive from me a participation gift, coupon, or surprise. This will be PMd to you on the 1st or 2nd day of the month following the challenge.

In addition, theStudio offers a 10% discount on ALL of your purchases for the following month. So, if you participate this month and get a layout posted (AND post a link here in this forum), you will receive 10% off of every purchase made next month! No coupons are required. The discount will automatically be applied to your purchase. How easy is that? And YES, this is on top of any sales prices too.

So on to this months' challenge!

Christmas is a time when many families gather together. I'll bet there are many of us who will be sharing holiday festivities where there are 3 generations or more present. Your challenge this month is to scrap a photo, which shows as many generations as possible. The minimum acceptable is two generations.

As the family photographer, I'm usually not in photos, so here is my 2-generation page! (My mother-in-law and granddaugher).

Special thanks to Bernie, a member of my CT, for designing this Quick Page for me!
All participants will receive this lovely QP as a participation gift. It is designed with my Artist in Me kit, which will be in the store soon!

Last edited by SnickerdoodleDesigns; 01-02-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:18 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: December 2011 - Surprise Me!

Here's mine, thanks for the challenge!
I've got three generations here

Old 12-04-2011, 05:53 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Fun challenge, here is my layout!!

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...32-family.html
Old 12-04-2011, 11:52 PM
theStudio Designer

Patty, this is so cute! Love you incorporation of Ginger Magic into All Wrapped Up! Love the added sparkle to the BG paper!
Mendy! 5 generations! Oh, dear.. that will be hard to top!!!! Lovely LO! And sooo good to see you here! XOXO
Old 12-05-2011, 07:32 PM
theStudio Warhol

This is a fun challenge!! I chose a photo of my aunt and her grandchildren...only 2 generations but one generation apart! They all get together with her to bake Christmas cookies. A wonderful tradition. This is Karen's Ginger Magic!
Thanks Karen!

Old 12-06-2011, 09:53 AM
theStudio Artist

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...time-1983.html

Old 12-06-2011, 05:27 PM
theStudio Artist

What beautiful layouts. Here's my 3 generation picture.
Hope I did this right.
Carol
Old 12-06-2011, 05:34 PM
theStudio Artist

Let's see if I did this post right. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Carol
Old 12-06-2011, 10:22 PM
theStudio Warhol

Here is one for me. I used your kit All Wrapped up Bundle. Thanks for a great challenge.
3 generations
Old 12-07-2011, 12:15 AM
theStudio Designer

Hi there! Sorry to be so untimely in getting back here! Still getting back to normal following vacation. I'm THRILLED to see your LOs here!

Kay, this is so cute! LOVE the perspective of your photo! I feel invited right in! The use of the word art is perfect here, and I love how you have clustered the baking elements!

Very nice, Beky! Love the lustering you've done, and that bow Looks great there! I so agree with your journaling! What a precious time!

Oh, Carol! You did GREAT! This is such a gorgeous photo! and I just love how you incorporated your family's love of birds into the LO to make it meaningful for you all!

Altimasport (I'm sorry, I don't know your name!) This is such a special photo! Everyone looks so happy together, especially little little Steve! I love the glitter bling/stars you put around the photo!

Anyone else ready to post? Thanks for sharing your family photos here!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:50 AM
theStudio QC CT

These are all super pages. I'm still deciding on a photo.
m

pse-3,4,5,6, 8 , 9, 10....CS5...and PSP x3
Old 12-08-2011, 11:05 PM
theStudio Warhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnickerdoodleDesigns View Post
Hi there! Sorry to be so untimely in getting back here! Still getting back to normal following vacation. I'm THRILLED to see your LOs here!

Kay, this is so cute! LOVE the perspective of your photo! I feel invited right in! The use of the word art is perfect here, and I love how you have clustered the baking elements!

Very nice, Beky! Love the lustering you've done, and that bow Looks great there! I so agree with your journaling! What a precious time!

Oh, Carol! You did GREAT! This is such a gorgeous photo! and I just love how you incorporated your family's love of birds into the LO to make it meaningful for you all!

Altimasport (I'm sorry, I don't know your name!) This is such a special photo! Everyone looks so happy together, especially little little Steve! I love the glitter bling/stars you put around the photo!

Thanks! My name is Chris
Old 12-10-2011, 03:25 PM
theStudio Designer

Thanks, Chris! That's so much better that calling you Altimasport.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:22 PM
theStudio Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnickerdoodleDesigns View Post

Thank you Karen. I appreciate your saying this.
Carol
Old 12-11-2011, 08:34 PM
theStudio Scrapper

Hopefully I have a link to my Three Generations layout for the Surprise Me, Challenge -
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...erations-.html
I am not able to show my layout page in this forum. Is the reason that the Posting Rules say 'may not post attachments'? I tried to join the challenge but I guess I cannot, I'm not sure why I am not allowed to post layouts to forum, had no problem uploading.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by CarolW; 12-11-2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: I had the wrong info.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:39 PM
theStudio Designer

Hi Carol, I'm not sure why you received that message. I'm sure Toiny will have an answer for that. I will ask her to take a peek for us. As long as you posted in the Surprise Me! Gallery, you're in! Off to look at your entry right now!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:33 AM
theStudio Artist

My apologies Karen, I didn't read the rules carefully---I don't have ANY multigenerational photo layouts done right now, but I did this one to show "Surprise!" LOL! I WILL do a multigenerational for this challenge and post it when I'm done! There wasn't any way I could get this out of a gallery category--so I left it!!!
Surprise ME! I WAS
Old 12-15-2011, 12:10 AM
theStudio Designer

Oh, it is a beautiful layout, Priss! Hmmm... too bad it's not a photo of a woman expecting a baby.. we could really stretch it to make that a 2 generational photo, don't you think?
Old 12-15-2011, 08:37 PM
theStudio Scrapper

Old 12-15-2011, 08:41 PM
theStudio Scrapper

The above page is my entry in the Surprise Me Challenge. I had posted my li8nk 12/11/11 but could not get the photo of my page to post. I went in to 'Go Advanced' and messed around and got it to appear, as if by magic. I don't know if I went about it the correct way but if I'm going to join challenges, I want my pages to show. I hope it works next time too.

Tags
challenge, snickerdoodledesigns, surprise me