Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges 2011 > Heritage Challenge: Point in Time

Heritage Challenge: Point in Time Hosted by Pauli. Don't forget to post your LO's in the Point in Time Gallery.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:30 AM
theStudio Warhol

Default February challenge

Hiya,

This months challenge is for the time-period 1890 -1900

Tell us something about the goings on in your neck of the woods. What was part of daily life for the ancestors living during that period. Think how these events may have impacted their lives.....

Were they involved in any way with the land-rush in the US?
Did they go see the Eifel Tower as it was being built, or right after it opened?
Did they go to the World Fair?
How did they get "the news" back than? (Is the newspaper still in business, maybe under a different name?)
Were they one of the first to "go thru" Ellis Island on their way to a new life? (Where did they come from, and why? Join family already here, economic considerations, social considerations or just starting over.........)
Were they part of the Spanish American War? Which side?
Were they looking forward to the new century with hope or a little weary, or was it "just another year" for them?
Were there any epidemics in their area that may have involved the family?

If you can add pictures, that would be great, but most of all, try and capture the history that surrounds your ancestors. It makes a nice addition to names and dates, and you may find out really cool stuff while you're digging for it :-)

I love anything related to history, so I may go a little overboard on the suggestions, but would it not be very cool if you knew a little of the mindset of those who came before us? What went on around them, shaped their thinking, way of life, even the way they raised the children.....

As always, it's appreciated if you can use Studio Designers. Please credit the designers when you post your lay-out here and link back here so we can see.

Formost, have fun in investigating what went on in your ancestors life :-)

Hope to see you in the gallery :-)

Hugs,
Pauli
Old 02-27-2012, 03:25 AM
theStudio Picasso

Default Re: February challenge

This period was a very busy time in the US. My maternal gm & gf married in 1899.
Here is mine: http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...t-in-time.html