Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself! New to theStudio? Or been here a while but you've been lurking? Stop here and introduce yourself! Tell us how you got started in digiscraping or what you love about digiscraping - just anything you'd like to say! We'd love to welcome you to our community! Make sure to start a new thread so you don't get lost in a thread that is already there!! ;>)

Old 01-18-2012, 07:41 AM
theStudio Scribbler

Default Hello from the Pacific NorthWest

My name is Christine, use the online nickname of xtine and sometimes Tink.(long story:-))
I shop in the store for a while now and have peeked every now and than into the forum.
I decided to join the forum because I had been watching and hoping the monthly recipe challenge would start again. When I saw on Maurine's blog from 'Let me scrapbook' that she started anew this month I jumped in immediately and purchased the cute kit.
I had a small anxiety attack when after I registered and went back to the forum to see what I exactly needed to be doing and I could not find the thread anymore and thought it was canceld or other nasty cyber stuff had happened. None of this was the case. It was just not visible to me because the admin did not set my privileges yet. Pfeeeew! Little did I know! But it's all okay know. Thank you whoever made that happen!

I'm a retired(due to a disabling progressive neuro-immune illness ) graphic designer with a major in Typography, because I'm often bed and home bound I needed a new hobby to concentrate on and I found photography and digital scrapbooking. I just signed up for a course with PSE 10 with Linda Sattgast and hope to be up to speed soon.

Wan't else would you like to know?
I'm the worst gadget addict around. My Apple gadgets improve my quality of life so much I think anyone who is disabled should get one! My heart starts to beat faster and I get all sweaty when I discover a new one! :-)

I'm a transplant from Europe, we moved from France to Oregon in 2008, however we're not French. We have moved around quite a bit because we love it! :-) 'We', are my husband, myself, our 2 dogs(Border Collies) and 3 evil catz ( Devon Rex). We are born and raised in the Netherlands, our adult daughter lives there and she enriched, together with her husband, our small family with a beautiful grandson last year.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and my apologies in advance for any future mis-use of words, grammar errors and mixing up American sayings.( I'm famous for that :-))

--
Christine
Old 01-18-2012, 10:06 AM
theStudio Owner

Default Re: Hello from the Pacific NorthWest

Hoi Hoi Christine!

I love your introduction. I feel like I already know you a little, and I know I want to more. Welcome to our forum.

I'm Toiny and I'm Dutch from birth as well. I love Oregon, my best friend lives outside of Bend and I really miss the pacific northwest.

A huge congratulations on your grandson! What a complete blessing that is.

Smooches,

T

my email
Old 01-18-2012, 06:58 PM
theStudio Monet

Nice to see another Oregon Lover Here.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:02 PM
theStudio Designer

Hi Christine, so nice to hear about you I hope you'll find lots of fun here to enjoy and also hoping to see some layouts about your family and your grandson! Congratulations!
Old 02-27-2012, 06:45 AM
theStudio Designer

Hi Christine!! I hope you're enjoying your time at The Studio It's the best place to be on the web, if you ask me ;D

I saw you live in the Pacific Northwest and I just had to comment on that. I now live back home in my home state of Michigan but I lived in Portland, Oregon for almost ten years and I often get homesick for it. It is my favorite place in the US, just behind my hometown of Grand Rapids, Michigan

I hope we see more of you around here!

Aimee Harrison
Blog | Store | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter | Scrap Blog
Old 02-27-2012, 05:47 PM
theStudio Designer

Welcome Christine to theStudio!!

Personal Use Store · Commercial Use Store · Blog · Newsletter · Facebook · Pinterest · Twitter · Google+

2007 - 2014 eqrAveziur graphic & design. All rights reserved.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:15 AM
theStudio Designer

Welcome to the Studio, Christine, join the fun and get some inspiration from the galleries and the challenges!! Congrats on your beautiful family! Looking forward to seeing your cute grandson on your pages!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:33 PM
theStudio Designer

Welcome to DSS!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:09 AM
theStudio Designer

Welcome to the Studio! Glad you decided to pop in. I used to live in the PNW as well. Although I lived on the Seattle side! I always wanted to make a trip to Portland though. Someday. Excited to see more of you and your work!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:50 PM
theStudio Moderator

Welcome to DSS Christine!

Old 03-07-2012, 12:52 PM
theStudio Designer

Welcome to theStudio!

Thanks for looking! Find more Nibbles Skribbles:

Old 03-14-2012, 08:03 AM
theStudio Designer

Hi Christiine, Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great introduction. It's so nice to know more about about you than just your name! I laughed when I read about your love for gadgets and how they make your heart beat faster! I'm the same way. Get me talking about gadgets, and you'll have to shut me up because I will go on and on! I'm so glad they are helpful for you in life, too, and not just a source of "fun." I look forward to seeing your work, and just know you will love your time spent here.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Chit Cat

Welcome and I think you will love it here. My name is Rose and I live in Texas. I try to do several challenges each month, but I always do the recipe challenge. Love it. I'll look for you. Again welcome.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:11 AM
theStudio Designer

Hi sweetie,

Welcome to theStudio!