Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived General > Scrapbooking Themes > Flavors of the World - Ethnic Themes

Flavors of the World - Ethnic Themes If you know of kits with an ethnic flavor post it here so we can all get a taste.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-29-2007, 03:11 PM
nighty's Avatar
nighty nighty is offline
SAS-y Pearl
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mannheim/Germany
Posts: 532
Default Do you like Mangas

maybe someone can use it,
i think litlle boys all over the world are watching those in TV
you have to scroll down to the end of the site

Nighty,
I removed the link because I am concerned about the copy righted material and it could get us in trouble.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Pat Warren Pat Warren is offline
SAS-y Pebble
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northampton, East Anglia, England
Posts: 23
Smile Nighty you are wonderful

Hi and thank you so much for this link. I have taken a little time to get round to reading all the bits and bobs on the forum and having trouble sitting in one position at moment as I have put my back out! Had to write to say thanks for the link the Manga kits are truly awesome and my precious little grandsons will really appreciate them on their pages even if my daughter's are more reserved. A page should be for the person it depicts I feel no matter what their age so their choice reigns supreme with me! Manga is so lively and interesting and quite a wonderful artform once you get past some of the silly story lines. Having said that I have watched some manga type cartoon feature length films with subtitles on old legends and the art work in them is amazing. Thanks again and sorry it took me so long. hugs and love from England
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-19-2007, 07:20 AM
mousee23's Avatar
mousee23 mousee23 is offline
theStudio Artist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighty View Post
maybe someone can use it,
i think litlle boys all over the world are watching those in TV
you have to scroll down to the end of the site
http://www.feliane.com/scrapboutique.html
My daughters and I love Inuyasha.Thank you~~~Anne
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-19-2007, 07:30 PM
TerrellS's Avatar
TerrellS TerrellS is offline
SAS-Y Lady
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,071
Default

FYI these kits are most likely illegal and copyright protected. Unless they have written permission to use these characters, the kits are illegally posted and to use them is also a crime. If this person had paid for the right to use them, I doubt they would be giving them away as freebies. Any sites giving away/selling characters such as these, Disney, Looney Tunes etc are illegal.
__________________
**Grab my fan blinkie


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Pillowgirl's Avatar
Pillowgirl Pillowgirl is offline
SAS-y Pearl
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrellS View Post
FYI these kits are most likely illegal and copyright protected. Unless they have written permission to use these characters, the kits are illegally posted and to use them is also a crime. If this person had paid for the right to use them, I doubt they would be giving them away as freebies. Any sites giving away/selling characters such as these, Disney, Looney Tunes etc are illegal.
You make a good point. That's why I can't go giving away Dora the Explorer stuff even though my daughter is wayyy into it.

It is also what keeps people from just scanning in paper scrapbooking products they buy at the store and re-packaging them and selling them or giving them away, and it is what keeps artists in business.

There is a lot of controversy about piracy, theft, and other illegal use of intellectual and creative property. This post makes me think about my views on the subject, but also could open a big can of worms
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-23-2007, 05:19 AM
Pat Warren Pat Warren is offline
SAS-y Pebble
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northampton, East Anglia, England
Posts: 23
Default

Wow! I didn't realise these could be copyrighted I thought Manga was an art style and that these were originals by author so okay to download. In future I shall have to do a little research into things before I download as I too hate piracy. If I really like it I am very willing to pay for it properly. Sorry if I have done the wrong thing here and will be more careful in future. Hugs from England.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-23-2007, 08:43 AM
TerrellS's Avatar
TerrellS TerrellS is offline
SAS-Y Lady
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Warren View Post
Wow! I didn't realise these could be copyrighted I thought Manga was an art style and that these were originals by author so okay to download. In future I shall have to do a little research into things before I download as I too hate piracy. If I really like it I am very willing to pay for it properly. Sorry if I have done the wrong thing here and will be more careful in future. Hugs from England.
No problem Most of the characters that are well known - especially Disney, Looney Tunes, Dora, Winnie the Pooh etc are all copyrighted and you can't even give them away. You can scan sheets, clothes etc that you may have to make your own layout but you can't redistribute the kit you made in any fashion.
__________________
**Grab my fan blinkie


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-23-2007, 10:59 AM
janalyn's Avatar
janalyn janalyn is offline
SAS-y Diamond
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Posts: 4,813
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Warren View Post
Wow! I didn't realise these could be copyrighted I thought Manga was an art style and that these were originals by author so okay to download. In future I shall have to do a little research into things before I download as I too hate piracy. If I really like it I am very willing to pay for it properly. Sorry if I have done the wrong thing here and will be more careful in future. Hugs from England.
Hi Pat,

You are correct in thinking that Manga is an art style. It is quite popular right now. However, the designer of these particular kits states that 'all the characters of the personal-use kit belong to their respective authors' indicating that she did not have copyright privileges.
__________________
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
janalyn
Janalyn's Gallery

Janalyn's Place Blog
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-24-2007, 05:12 AM
nighty's Avatar
nighty nighty is offline
SAS-y Pearl
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mannheim/Germany
Posts: 532
Default

sorry, when i posted this link
i didn't think about copyrights.
i agree with your oppinions about piracy,
but in some cases i have conflicting oppinions.

for instance in digiscrapping,
if there is a designer creating his kits and selling them
it's really a loss if someone copys and spread it all over the net,
but in cases like disney or something similar
i'm critical.
they earn so huge amounts of money with their stuff
and make our kids addicted to them
and we all pay a lot to satisfy our kids,
i may not think about the money i spent for teletubbies,
my aunt had to buy them in oklahoma and sent them to me,
because that time we couldn't get them here.that was really expensive.
so i think it's not so bad to make a scrapping-kit with that stuff
to scrap our kids with their favorite characters.
and they (the blogger) don't earn one cent with it.
it's no loss for these companies.

i would think differrent if they would offer scrapping kits themselves.
but whatever i think, it's forbidden and we have to respect
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-24-2007, 08:32 AM
TerrellS's Avatar
TerrellS TerrellS is offline
SAS-Y Lady
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighty View Post
but in cases like disney or something similar
i'm critical.
they earn so huge amounts of money with their stuff
and make our kids addicted to them
and we all pay a lot to satisfy our kids,
i may not think about the money i spent for teletubbies,
my aunt had to buy them in oklahoma and sent them to me,
because that time we couldn't get them here.that was really expensive.
so i think it's not so bad to make a scrapping-kit with that stuff
to scrap our kids with their favorite characters.
and they (the blogger) don't earn one cent with it.
it's no loss for these companies.

i would think differrent if they would offer scrapping kits themselves.
but whatever i think, it's forbidden and we have to respect
Either way the law is the same. Also, there was a designer/artist who created the characters in the first place. The same rules apply to photographs, if they don't say you can use someone's photograph for commercial use, you can be sued.

Also, Disney and other places do offer scrapping kits I have seen them They just aren't all over or as easily found
__________________
**Grab my fan blinkie


Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-25-2007, 04:29 AM
Lisa's Avatar
Lisa Lisa is offline
SAS-y Pearl
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 825
Default

My family and I love manga. I got into drawing my own a few years ago (my avatar, for example), but never knew there was a market for it in the digiscrap world. I will definitely look into doing a kit in the future with my own drawings if there's enough interest in that sort of thing.
__________________
My Blog
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Pat Warren Pat Warren is offline
SAS-y Pebble
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northampton, East Anglia, England
Posts: 23
Default

Lisa, if you can draw manga type characters I for one would certainly love a kit. I have six grandsons whom I adore and another grandchild due on Christmas Eve who is probably not going to be a princess to join my princes! Not to worry, I have learnt to play football! Manga pages for the boys would be great as they all so love those type of characters and to be guaranteed to be okay to use would be lovely. If you ever do it make sure you put a post up as I for one would buy it! Hugs from England - Pat. p.s. to all - I think this has been really helpful to me as I am so new to using internet and downloading etc. I have learnt a lot from this set of messages and I am glad that some of my comments on freebies are occasionally helpful. If someone is generous enough to let me download and use their own artistic endeavours it seems so little to pay in return to say thankyou and leave a comment on why I particularly liked the design. I do a little designing myself again now and I know what darned hard work it is! Perhaps one day I too shall produce something good enough to share with others - I'm working on it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.