Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges > July 2012 Challenges

July 2012 Challenges Here you will find all our monthly challenges for July 2012. Try one, try two, try them all!

Old 07-29-2012, 05:30 PM
theStudio Monet

Default Re: July 2012 - Surprise Me! -Border Challenge

Here's mine: Irish Sweethearts

Old 07-30-2012, 11:00 PM
theStudio Artist

-
hello everybody, just in time !

it was really funny to do that layout
I think it is interesting for me to work on those borders for I'm not use to and I saw beautifull ones ! Please go on I prefer a monthly challenge (15 days is too short for me...)

this was made with the kit Sea Time by Elodesign

the third paper is under the boat
Old 07-31-2012, 04:22 AM
theStudio Artist

Ooops! I goofed up the challenge. I remembered we were supposed to use one photo and make a border to go along with the picture. I totally forgot about the instruction that said to make the layout consist of one big picture and a border. Sorry, I hope you will accept my layout anyway. I did only use 1 photo ,but I played around with the one photo.

*I prefer a monthly challenge ,as 15 days is too soon for me. Instead of just doing a borders challenge every month, how about making this a technique challenge and have a new technique each month, so it's not like a recipe challenge. Would it be more fun to try or learn a new technique each month,then do another recipe challenge. I don't really like redipe challenges, because they mess up my creative process some how. Here's some great technique challenges for the next 12 months..
Serendipity/Weaving paper/quilting layout/ric rac borders/border masks/using paint brushes/paper w/deco edges/
using paper overlays to make a new paper/ cut up paper overlay to make background for an element cluster/ clustering/ blending phtos into background/color blocking/ making word art

Old 07-31-2012, 10:37 PM
theStudio Designer

I've been away for several days - camping with our grandkids! I am super excited to come home and see more layouts here!

Welcome, Vanessa! So glad you stopped in, and we will look forward to seeing you here next month!

Makeeyesup, Love your border! Very unique, and I love how you tucked your photo into the vines.

NathL, You did a beautiful job on your border! It is very unique, with the wave cut-out. I would never have guessed this is not your comfort zone! Beautiful clustering too! All Challenges do run a month, so you have plenty of time. Just check in the first of the month. Most challenges are set up on the 1st, but sometimes we might need an extra day or two.
Beautiful LO and border, CM Silly. Yes, my original idea was to spotlight one photo with a simple border, but creativity cannot be limited. Many of the participants have enjoyed making a layout (rather than using one photo only), just like you did here, and that is okay! Thanks for your ideas. They fall in line, somewhat, with what is planned for next month, so be sure to check back.

Thank you to EVERYONE who participated! I just love seeing how we each see things from a different perspective, and how creative and unique we all are!

Thank you also for wanting to see the Border Challenge continue. I’ve added a twist to next month’s challenge, so please be sure to check in!

Since this is a “Surprise Me” Challenge, please check your PM box within the next day or two for a special surprise from me!

Old 08-01-2012, 03:10 PM
theStudio Artist

Question Re: July 2012 - Surprise Me! -Border Challenge

R we starting a new thread for the Month of August?

Collecter of: Carin Grobey Designs & Snicker Doodle Designs & Lyn Griffin Designs & Aimee Harrison Designs!!
Old 08-01-2012, 03:27 PM
theStudio Picasso

HA!! You are so sweet to be so lenient with us, Karen. I totally missed the "use 1 photo" also. Or maybe I saw it and then instantly forgot it???? Got carried away with doing some of our month long vacation photos and did two border layouts with 2 photos on each one! I even went looking for MORE photos for that second page. LOL I'm looking forward to doing more border layouts now though! Especially after seeing all the creative ones from this month.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:45 PM
theStudio Artist

Smile Re: July 2012 - Surprise Me! -Border Challenge

the challenge is closed, but I just want to show you a layout I made with a border
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-my-attic.html

thanks to you all for inspiration

Tags
border, challenge, snickerdoodledesigns, surprise me